Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I guess I'll go ahead and comment that Tangle had more character here than she did in her debut.

She did? That's harsh, she tried so hard to not be a little troublemaker...

10 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

I mean the true ending of Encore has everyone go Super...

Are the other four in their Super forms? They go by so fast it's hard to tell.

2 minutes ago, Pengi said:

They are I think. Some are noticeably brighter like Tails and Knuckles...could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

How do you know?

Because we know only male hedgehogs can transform in the modern canon, but everyone can in Mania?

3 minutes ago, Razule said:

Because we know only male hedgehogs can transform in the modern canon, but everyone can in Mania?

Well, it looks like Neo Metal could, and despite being based off a male hedgehog, he's still by the end of the day a robot.

Just now, PublicEnemy1 said:

Well, it looks like Neo Metal could, and despite being based off a male hedgehog, he's still by the end of the day a robot.

Technicalities, loopholes.. Ian said something about how this wouldn't have been allowed in Archie, so maybe he had to push for this? Would probably still require more pushing for Super Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

"Come. Show me what you're made of."

He's really going to go for these song references at every opportunity

Yes, but that's just a normal line. The reference was earlier than those line.

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

Technicalities, loopholes.. Ian said something about how this wouldn't have been allowed in Archie, so maybe he had to push for this? Would probably still require more pushing for Super Tails.

Man, you really are the crusher of hopes, aren't you?

• Chuckle 1

27 minutes ago, Razule said:

"Come. Show me what you're made of."

He's really going to go for these song references at every opportunity

"Every step that I take...is another...mistake for you!"

Spoiler

Neo's probably not gonna be around much longer

I liked Neo re-using a few of the lyrics from his theme song. They didn't even feel forced - just well placed nods to his past.

God help us if he gets to tell Sonic to come back for a rematch. He could just play back the audio file from the end of Heroes and watch Sonic (and by extension me) lose his Sh*t.

Neo dropping lyrics honestly felt kind of hamfisted to me, especially after Sonic was also doing forced lyrics references like two issues ago. But y'know, DUDE REFERENCES LMAO is kinda Ian's modus operandi, so whatever.

Also why is everyone so obsessed with every character having super forms.

• Nice Smile 1

48 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Man, you really are the crusher of hopes, aren't you?

That's just Who I Am

7 minutes ago, Ivo the Coldsteel said:

Neo dropping lyrics honestly felt kind of hamfisted to me, especially after Sonic was also doing forced lyrics references like two issues ago. But y'know, DUDE REFERENCES LMAO is kinda Ian's modus operandi, so whatever.

Also why is everyone so obsessed with every character having super forms.

Hey, Metal is the superior Sonic the Hedgehog, so he's gotta act like it

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/17/2018 at 9:16 PM, Cuz said:

- Silver's time traveling will remain undefined until Sega defines it. God help us all.

Would that mean he won't show what Silver's world is like either? Eh.. of all the retcons, since this seems more like a personal choice thing than a "SEGA demands it" thing,  because of the time-travelling it'd be even easier to just say things changed..

Q: Did you notice that the sprite for Ray is as tall at Sonic and Mighty? I guess canonically he is about the same age as them and not Tails. Does that mean any future potential appearance in the comic would have him the same as in Mania?

A: Ya! If we ever do anything with the Classic era, we’ll be following what is the new standard. I don’t know where the idea of Ray being came from short of the comics. I feel like that was a comic exclusive idea that kind of permeated the collective consciousness and kind of endured. It did throw me for a loop to see him just paling around with Might and Sonic as if he was just another one of the guys, that’s weird, but they are back in an official capacity, the most official capacity perhaps ever, arguably. Ray is, I guess, the same as Mighty and Sonic, and I guess we’ll just have to get used to that.

But Ray was shorter than than them in the art and Mania Adventures?

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Ivo the Coldsteel said:

But y'know, DUDE REFERENCES LMAO is kinda Ian's modus operandi, so whatever.

1460757548674.jpg

Live and Learn by the sword bro. As long as his batting average stays above water I'm willing to let him have his fun ^^

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 2

17 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

If it's Metal Sonic saying it there, is it a reference to when Eggman said...?

pssh, clearly he's quoting himself.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

*shifty eyes*

Seriously tho, he was fighting Silver at the time and they were all stealing each others catchphrases merry-go-round style.

• Chuckle 5

I had the thought that Cream, Omega, etc.'s role may have something to do with Shadow's disappearance. Don't ask me how, it's just a thought.

Anyway, great issue for all the reasons cited above.

On 8/31/2018 at 10:20 PM, Sonictrainer said:

DllduZkW4AAROP7.jpg

Image result for yoji shinkawa snake

I'm sorry, but Yoji Shinkawa style Whisper is just too awesome.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

6 hours ago, Pengi said:

Don't think so. They're certainly powered up with the equivalent of super energy but their forms are still normal, just flashing. It's like what Heroes did. 

Edit: So the post-reboot Archie cast are off limits for legal reasons. 

... Okay, at this point it seems likely the FFs will end up trapped in a legal snafu. They can't get rights straight for characters half a decade old. 

9 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I hope Super Neo Metal and the Mania Supers opens the doors for more super forms for other characters, or if we're lucky, maybe even the Super Emeralds could be repaired and used.

Spoiler

I don't think that is a Super form, it's a different thing because Chaos Emeralds are not involved here... even though they call him "Super".

8 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I guess I'll go ahead and comment that Tangle had more character here than she did in her debut.

Agreed, in issue 4 she was a generic hero, now they showcased better her personality.

I don't think the other characters in Encore mode were super either, they were just glowing.