Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Spoiler

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNDAvNTMyL29yaWdpbmFsL1NvbmljXzEwXzQuanBn

Welp, I've found my next avatar. (What's the spoiler policy for this comic, again? A month post-release?)

7 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Hide contents

Is that actual blood on the last page?

Spoiler

I think they're just singe marks from when Metal went all bug-zapper on them.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Hide contents

Is that actual blood on the last page?

Spoiler

No, Archie Sonic used to do the same. It's just bruise marks.

On 10/20/2018 at 1:30 PM, Shadowlax said:

He's allowed to be a lone wolf kinda guy that shows up

Even in this comic he legit just bailed to do his own thing. In sonic boom ( which I think is more indactive of what sega wants to do with these characters than anyone wants to admit) he was some asshole by himself. And in forces, even though it was also do to them not being able to fix a plot hole, he was just... gone for most of the plot.

Sonic team really wants to move shadow away from team dark kinda and make him more of this mysterious lone wolf kinda dude , who also happens to have friends, it seems. Or at least if he's still apart of team dark for team games like racing, he's the leader who has free reign and can just go out and do whatever

So that's what I mant

Thats bad publicity for the second most popular character reguardless. How the heck is Sonic Team fair to Shadow if they put him aside in important sonic roles like this arc is doing, you don't see Vegeta or Sasuke being put aside when Goku and Naruto have to fight someone they can't alone every main villain arc.

5 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Thats bad publicity for the second most popular character reguardless. How the heck is Sonic Team fair to Shadow if they put him aside in important sonic roles like this arc is doing, you don't see Vegeta or Sasuke being put aside when Goku and Naruto have to fight someone they can't alone every main villain arc.

Well for thing Shadow isn't Vegeta and Sasuke, shadow is shadow. Despite how much you want him to be the former it seems. 2nd, he might not be the most important one in the room at all times, despite how much you want him to be. And 3rd he often gets a lot of focus, so you know....wait a minute... shadow will get to do a cool thing. And if he doesn't enough of the fanbase  will complain that will cause them to do it. Which I doubt it will ever get to that point because the first issue he popped up 6 seemed like someone who wasn't writing the story dictated shadow show up, and forced him in. Along with that and specification for the leadership role in team dark seems like someone on IDW, Sega or both is advocating for this character for whatever reason.

So in short

Shut up and wait you will see him calm down

Shut up, SHadow isn't sasuke or vegeta he's his own thing stop trying to compare them not every franchise has the same set up or expectations expecting the same will only lead to disappointment.

Edit: also just remembered, He shows up next issue. He's on the cover. Like dude calm down

Don't like this comic book version of Amy she's mostly calling out orders and its less interesting to what she did in Sonic X. Her title of her "Piko Hammer Hero"/ "Resistance core staff" feels very bear bones in creativity and tells little about her.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNDAvNTMwL29yaWdpbmFsL1NvbmljXzEwXzIuanBn 2.jpg

gi.jpg

I mean what more do you want a full bio. They assume you know the main cast.  I'm sure Amy will eventually do more but at the moment they are still developing the start . This is not x or archie it's making it own universe while using the games more as a base

• Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Don't like this comic book version of Amy she's mostly calling out orders and its less interesting to what she did in Sonic X. Her title of her "Piko Hammer Hero"/ "Resistance core staff" feels very bear bones in creativity and tells little about her.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNDAvNTMwL29yaWdpbmFsL1NvbmljXzEwXzIuanBn 2.jpg

gi.jpg

I don't care that much for it in this part 1 either, but I imagine it's being done in the name of debatably blanket fanservice ala Neo Metal.

Issue 2 was great, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I mean what more do you want a full bio. They assume you know the main cast.  I'm sure Amy will eventually do more but at the moment they are still developing the start . This is not x or achier it's making it own universe while using the games more as a base

A title isn't a bio and anything would be better than them saying that she is a girl with a hammer or a advance grunt, why not something like "compassionate warrior / high commander" or "Sonic chaser / battle planner" base her title off something she's done before. Both IDW and Sonic X use the games as a base set in a different universe but she didn't feel so generic in X like the way IDW makes her out to be. 

2 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I'm more concerned with how long Super Neo Metal Sonic's transformation will last.

Oh yeah, Mecha Sonic couldn't keep a charge for shit from what I remember.

9 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I'm more concerned with how long Super Neo Metal Sonic's transformation will last.

Too keep SEGA happy, probably not very long.

Well, as long as he's got an exclusive link to the Master Emerald, Metal can probably keep it up as long as he wants. But unlike Mecha, even if he does run out of juice, he's fast enough to dash back to it for a recharge before Sonic can retaliate. (Especially since Metal's copied his data already)

All the more reason for Knuckles to destroy that throne-thingy and cut him off ASAP.

On 10/26/2018 at 6:55 PM, DabigRG said:

Was Neo Metal supposed to be that big next to Sonic?

Nah he's supposed to be a little bit taller than that, Remember Neo's Face is roughly the same size as Metal's face. Now compare the render of Metal on the SH story select screen to Shadow and you'll see that his face is tiny in that picture implying he's not as close to the screen as the other characters, other evidence of him being massive is the fact he shrinks considerably when he turns back into regular Metal in the final scene (look how far he drags his arms in as he returns to normal). The Neo Metal in IDW is mostly based on a fan render of him that got some of the scale and details wrong. Post Reboot Archie Neo was actually closer to the design from Heroes.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

What are your hopes for the year 2 era ??

Freedom Fighters and other old characters.