Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

The company publishing the books in French has made an animated trailer!

I kinda like that style of that. Turned out kinda cool.

They even gave Blaze some spotlight.

4 hours ago, Diogenes said:

At this point I'm not sure what emotions Tails is even allowed to express.

I don't think anyone wants tails to be emotionless ( well besides those people who don't want charaters to talk or emote and just be vessels for gameplay ) its just that , they just keep writing him poorly

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

One could also argue that a more neutral part of the problem would be that Tails often shows too much emotion in those instances.

I don't think on its face, there's a problem with that. A dynamic where sonic is a more cool customer but gets himself in to trouble for not caring to much in the sense of just wandering into danger and adventure. And tails is a more calculated dude, and a bit more ration but emotional because he's a kid is genuinely interesting, and if that was written well it would be fine. But its written poorly, nothing tails has done ( for the most part ) has been inherently bad just executed poorly.

To be honest the only time he's been executed well in the past few years, is boom. And hey that's the one where he didn't have to worship the ground sonic walked on, and allowed him to be his own person. Weird, its almost as if when the characters are allowed to actually do things and be themselves ( outside of shadow as of late who is being positioned as an exception ) , they can be cool. Oh also the lego game, everyone was tight in the lego game

16 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

To be honest the only time he's been executed well in the past few years, is boom. And hey that's the one where he didn't have to worship the ground sonic walked on, and allowed him to be his own person. Weird, its almost as if when the characters are allowed to actually do things and be themselves ( outside of shadow as of late who is being positioned as an exception ) , they can be cool. 

I suppose that's true.

Which is funny, because that's where the notion of Tails being boring kinda clicked in for me.