Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

So then you missed my point. Got it.

Moving on then.

6 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I think her and Trixie hanging out softened my perception of the character overtime, it was gradual.

Her friendship with Trixie was indeed one of the more unambiguously best things done around her character.

Ah, I like it. I I like shadow making mistakes just the ones, he as a character should be making?

I'm a shadow fan. I am also a guy who likes good characterization, good characterization means a lot of thing, and one of them is the character being able to fuck up

Never would've guess. That is the generally realm of appreciation for many fans.

Though it might be a bit unfair to compare those two, because tha archie is still better because it had a lot more nuance... like shadow was a dick, but at the core of shadow's arguement I think he's 100% right. ( heck the thing that happening right now proves that he is ) But uh yeah. Less nuance in this story. 

Pretty much.

I'm calling the cops

:lol:

His territory is " earth " and even when sonic unleashed was happening and there was a pretty big threat, he never showed up. So its more whenever sega wants him to be around.

Um, I was talking about Batman there. 

But sure.

That's true. But that would require nuance. And Sega has been actively moving Sonic , Tails and Knuckles away from nuance for years. They are Fast snark boy, flying smart, and dumb punch man and that's about all sega wants them to be. Previous backstories or character developments be damned.

I noticed.

6 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

We need a One Punch Man cover called Dumb Punch Man, where Knuckles is almighty But is so dumb he keeps on Causing more problems than he fixes.

I've been trying to get back to that, but just haven't been able to fit back accurately.

6 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Tracey Yardley posted concept art of Metal's latest "ascension":

I will say this design's better than the original Overlord, but it's still a bit too busy for my tastes. (And the blade-legs are pretty ludicrous) Here's hoping Metal actually uses the Master Emerald properly.

The colors are kinda nice, but yes.

"Dick Beam, go!"

• Chuckle 1

Try reading what I’m saying instead of what you want it to mean then.

At any rate, that master form is a step up from the original design, but they could’ve given him actual feet instead.

Better yet, why not mix it with hisKai form?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Her friendship with Trixie was indeed one of the more unambiguously best things done around her character.

Friendship is character development!

Never would've guess. That is the generally realm of appreciation for many fans.

Sometimes, sometimes people want characters to be infallible, I find that boring though

Pretty much.

Hopefully we can reach that level of nuance in thsi book

Um, I was talking about Batman there. 

My bad

But sure.

I noticed.

Tru Dat

"Dick Beam, go!"

I'm calling the cops

4 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

At any rate, that master form is a step up from the original design, but they could’ve given him actual feet instead.

Better yet, why not mix it with hisKai form?

Eh, I thought the Kai form was kinda goofy, too- Mostly in the face. (And what benefits did it even give him aside from size?)

As for Master here, maybe they could've either given him draconic legs to continue the overall motif, or maybe Chaos legs to reiterate that this is basically a bastardized Perfect Chaos. (Don't give him more than one pair, though. He's supposed to be a dragon, not a centipede.)

35 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Not to be rude, but like... did you like emerge from a rock?

31 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Go patronize someone else with this nonsense, because I’m not continuing this any further with that mess.

32 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I didn't know explaining how you were wrong means I missed the point. Whatever gets you to sleep I guess

Really not sure what the point of this back and forth is, but uh. Shadowlax: knock it off, this really isn't necessary or called for. CSS: you don't need to drag these things out. I'd apologize for being blunt but I'm not sorry. Please be more mature when discussing Sonic the Hedgehog. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Really not sure what the point of this back and forth is, but uh. Shadowlax: knock it off, this really isn't necessary or called for. CSS: you don't need to drag these things out. I'd apologize for being blunt but I'm not sorry. Please be more mature when discussing Sonic the Hedgehog. Thanks.

My point was in comparison to Knuckles and Shadow about how the latter development wasn’t done well because of how divisive it was.

But I understand and will keep that in mind next time. Just wanted to clear that up.

So not to totally change the subject but I actually kinda like Master Overlord. I don't know I can see why some find it busy but the design keeps elements of the previous Metal Overlord but I feel kinda streamlines it. 

I like it. 

• Nice Smile 1

Who wants to bet that our heroes will probably have to somehow smash the Master Emerald to win this fight?

4 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Who wants to bet that our heroes will probably have to somehow smash the Master Emerald to win this fight?

" Oh look an excuse to have knuckles be out in the world "

3 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I really hope not, considering we just got that in Archie.

• Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I know this is irrelevant, but I'd actually like to see Knuckles save the day in the next issue. I mean, the fight is on his island. It would only be fair if he got to take down the villain. I'm thinking he could use the Master Emerald to access some ascended form (Not "super" but "ascended". Yeah I said it!) considering his connection to it. Also, the Master Emerald, despite it anchoring Knuckles' character, should be a bigger component to the plot. It's essentially more powerful than the chaos emeralds. You'd think more villains would be after it instead of wasting time searching for 7 scattered emeralds.

• Fist Bump 1

5 minutes ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

Also, the Master Emerald, despite it anchoring Knuckles' character, should be a bigger component to the plot. It's essentially more powerful than the chaos emeralds.

Is it, though? I'm not sure if that's actually canonically true.

It's obviously powerful on its own, and it's a hard counter to the emeralds since it can be used to shut them down, but I can't think of a situation where they were fairly compared to each other.

The Master Emerald is renowned as the most powerful relic on Earth,[1] surpassing even that of the Chaos Emeralds which are said to bestow ultimate power. It holds unbound and infinite power in the form of extremely potent and raw chaos energy which can be harnessed to power and/or empower machinery, enable Chaos Powers and initiate a super transformation. Like the Chaos Emeralds, its power can also be harnessed to perform certain reality-warping feats, such as transporting Onyx Island through time[2] and restoring a planet shattered with Chaos Control.

This is from the Sonic Wikia. 

2 minutes ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

This is from the Sonic Wikia. 

Okay but the source for that is Chronicles and I don't take anything about Chronicles seriously.

7 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Okay but the source for that is Chronicles and I don't take anything about Chronicles seriously.

Eh.

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

The only thing canon from Chronicles is  lawsuit

14 hours ago, DabigRG said:

The colors are kinda nice, but yes.

"Dick Beam, go!"

....Thank you, now I can never un-see that.

I mean.... the shape and positioning compared to the upper torso makes the Master Emerald's housing quite obviously a pelvis analogue, with the Emerald itself right in the centre.... I can't believe that didn't occur to me before.

I suppose it does at least mean that Master Overlord has the dubious distinction of being possibly the only villain to have a source of unlimited power in his crotch. I await with anticipation next issue's story presumably revolving around an all out assault on Master Overlord's groin - he may potentially also become the first villain to lose his source of limitless power by being repeatedly punched in the dick.

• Chuckle 1

9 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Is it, though? I'm not sure if that's actually canonically true.

It's obviously powerful on its own, and it's a hard counter to the emeralds since it can be used to shut them down, but I can't think of a situation where they were fairly compared to each other.

It's the "Controller"  and has power over the Chaos Emeralds so I'd say it's more powerful.

he may potentially also become the first villain to lose his source of limitless power by being repeatedly punched in the dick.

I mean if you want to get technical wasn't the Time Eater's weak point around there?

9 hours ago, SBR2 said:

It's the "Controller"  and has power over the Chaos Emeralds so I'd say it's more powerful.

Not necessarily. Is a remote more powerful than a TV? It may control them, but that doesn't have to mean it has a higher power level.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure Chaos Emeralds are stronger than ME, that's the whole reason people chase them, rather than single rock in one constant place, guarded by one gullible echidna.

There are plenty of small proofs (well, clues) to that. SA1 is best example, where everyone goes for Emeralds,  even if ME is right next to them (Chaos 0 in final story).

According to Sonic Wiki, Master Emerald exists as a counterbalance to them. He's basically a veto for abusing Emeralds power (like in SA1 & SA2).

1 minute ago, Parax said:

I'm pretty sure the Master Emerald is more powerful than the Chaos Emeralds. It has the power to neutralize the emeralds (which makes it very powerful apparently), it's also thanks to the Master Emerald that a future version of Angel Island arrived in the present (Rivals 1), it can amplify the power of the emeralds as well (S3&K), etc. So I wouldn't say that the Chaos Emeralds are stronger. 

Like Razule said, turning something off doesn't necessarily require being more powerful than it. '06 shows us that two people each with an emerald can open up a time portal, and even if that's only a man-sized portal it wouldn't be unreasonable for the full set to be able to transport much larger objects, especially since we've seen 7-emerald Chaos Controls spatially transport large objects like the ARK and the Black Comet. And being able to amplify the emeralds doesn't prove it stronger; you can "amplify" 10 by adding 5 to it to get 15, but 5 is still less than 10.

• Thumbs Up 2

I always took it that the Master Emerald, while mainly being the controller, is also a key to the higher power that the Chaos Emeralds generally put off. It clearly gives off some degree of power itself, which is why Eggman decided to use it to kickstart the Death Egg again and later considered taking it when he detected a similar energy outside his Pyramid Base, but said power is otherwise kinda idle compared to what the Emeralds usually. However, it hypothetical could be used for more, far more than those who have gotten their hands on it have generally tried to thus far.

For example, who's to say that, should he ever feel the need to do so, Knuckles(or someone else who learns to use the ME such as Finitevus) couldn't just use the Master Emerald to not only control the output of power by the Chaos Emeralds, but perhaps even draw them directly to himself?

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't entirely know how the Master Emerald works. All I know about it is that it can turn off the Chaos Emeralds. The importance of that didn't really get amplified until I saw Sonic X, which made the Chaos Emeralds come off as scary as fuck. Touching them when they were going crazy on that show made me wince as a kid. I always got a little worried when I saw someone going to grab one. 

The Master Emerald though... I dunno. It could be weaker than the Chaos Emeralds. That's a thought I've always had. I haven't seen it do much but act as the peacemaker for the out of control orbs. In a way that makes it more mysterious and mystical to me. I almost don't want to know more about it.