Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

8 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Who do you think the "doc" that sent Rough and Tumble is?

Pretty sure it's Neo Metal, but they were unaware that the doc was Neo Metal.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Who do you think the "doc" that sent Rough and Tumble is?

Some of us are thinking Dr. Nega now, given the timing and to an extent the Skunk Bros color schemes.

54 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

That was technically the original assumption, yes.

1 hour ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Metal doesn't know where Eggman is, remember? That's why he was so keen on interrogating Sonic in Issue 7.

Whoever sent Rough and Tumble not only knows that, but also what mental state Eggman's in. There has to be someone else pulling the strings in the shadows.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm leaning towards Nega. Since the Skunk Bros kidnapping of Eggman seems to lead into year 2 so it'd make sense if Nega would want to take his grandfather in to keep him from potentially ruining his schemes if he regained his memory. 

Naturally it'll go bad but still.

6 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Metal doesn't know where Eggman is, remember? That's why he was so keen on interrogating Sonic in Issue 7.

Whoever sent Rough and Tumble not only knows that, but also what mental state Eggman's in. There has to be someone else pulling the strings in the shadows.

The true Villian

Big the Cat, He's the one who called all of this. He wants his revenge for not being in forces

• Chuckle 2
  • Absolutely 1

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

More fanart by IDW Artist ABT

DsFFq0TWsAQm2-v.jpg

DsFFu_sWwAI5btn.jpg

Really love this Silver one.

Not sure what to think about those backgrounds.

14 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

The true Villian

Big the Cat, He's the one who called all of this. He wants his revenge for not being in forces

On 11/12/2018 at 10:25 AM, Earnest-Panda said:

I’d definitely put Crusaders failure down to Archie more than Ian. Same for Cosmo.

If I can be perfectly blunt for a moment, I think Cosmo's failure has more to do with the fact that the book was bland as fuck. Absolutely nothing about it stood out in any way. By his own admission, Ian's not a comedy writer, and it really, really showed with Cosmo.

That said, I did get one laugh out of it, even though this bit wasn't even intended as a joke.

Spoiler

Image result for cosmo archie sonic

boy archie sure does miss sanic

51 minutes ago, Ivo the Coldsteel said:

If I can be perfectly blunt for a moment, I think Cosmo's failure has more to do with the fact that the book was bland as fuck. Absolutely nothing about it stood out in any way. By his own admission, Ian's not a comedy writer, and it really, really showed with Cosmo.

A reminder I'm pretty much the only one who actually finds Ian's sense of humor funny.

Granted I haven't actually read Cosmo but in general I think he's funnier than people make him out to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just thought of something that might point to Eggman Nega's involvement even more: Blaze said that the Sol Emeralds called her to Sonic's world for a reason, right? Well, what better threat for her to be specifically called to deal with than someone from HER world running wild and upsetting the balance?

4 minutes ago, CC14 Breaks the Internet said:

I just thought of something that might point to Eggman Nega's involvement even more: Blaze said that the Sol Emeralds called her to Sonic's world for a reason, right? Well, what better threat for her to be specifically called to deal with than someone from HER world running wild and upsetting the balance?

Or someone who frequented her world, anyway.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Or someone who frequented her world, anyway.

Oh no! Marine's finally gone over the deep end hasn't she? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

Oh no! Marine's finally gone over the deep end hasn't she? 

What? No. I mean, maybe, but that's something to see another day.

I meant that Dr Nega is not of Blaze's Dimension himself.

40 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

What? No. I mean, maybe, but that's something to see another day.

I meant that Dr Nega is not of Blaze's Dimension himself.

Relevant.

• Thumbs Up 5

Currently the characters have no home, but a great place to establish would be Emerald Town from Sonic Battle! I'd like it if we have established locations, like Archie.

I do miss Tails living in his own head

Sonic_battle_emerald_town.png

Good times

I have to say, it's very un-Flynn to be so revered when world building. Why mayor in issue #6 had no name or his town? "Because he's unimportant character and unimportant village" explains Flynn.

Okay, why Eggman couldn't land in important place with important characters like he did at start of Archie Reboot?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

On 11/16/2018 at 10:05 PM, Earnest-Panda said:

...I don't get it.

On 11/17/2018 at 6:11 AM, Zulon Eredas said:

Oh..., Please let it be Dr. Qwark.

Was that the one with the duck feet or the one in the Fishy Void?

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Currently the characters have no home, but a great place to establish would be Emerald Town from Sonic Battle! I'd like it if we have established locations, like Archie.

Knuckles, Cream,  the Chaotix, and I think Amy are the only characters I recall having an established place to rest.

Who else is there? 

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I do miss Tails living in his own head

Sonic_battle_emerald_town.png

Good times

Wow, what an egomaniac..

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I have to say, it's very un-Flynn to be so revered when world building. Why mayor in issue #6 had no name or his town? "Because he's unimportant character and unimportant village" explains Flynn.

Okay, why Eggman couldn't land in important place with important characters like he did at start of Archie Reboot?

Hell, even if the place and characters aren't that important, it'd be nice to have actual throwaway names for the sake of easy reference. 

And that still doesn't explain Tnagle.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe I'm alone here but I don't care. I like Sonic not being tied to one place (Could have sworn hat was a major complaint about the Archie book too but whatever). He's a drifter essentially a Hobo who stops to help people when they're in need.

We don't need to learn the tragic backstory of how that sheep girl is losing her farm or whatever.

I really didn't care for the excessive focus on DEEPEST LORE worldbuilding shit in the Archie reboot, but I feel like IDW is going to the opposite extreme and not having any worldbuilding at all. Now I'd be fine with minimal worldbuilding if the comic had actual, like, character stories or something, but so far it's just been nothing but fanservice, exposition dumps, and undynamic action sequences, so eh.

That said, I agree Sonic shouldn't be tied to one place. Everyone else, sure, but Sonic himself is meant to be a wandering adventurer.

• Thumbs Up 3