Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

24 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Given how people feel about Pontaff that sounds like a bad thing

I'll give you the bad (cringey) lines, and the lines that are better to objectively evaluate:

Bad lines:

Spoiler

Eggman: I'm the coolest and I'll prove it in my sweet ride!

Eggman: What? You are so close already? I cheated so awesomely!

Big: Teamwork? I'd rather teamfish (not sure if this one is good or bad)

Chao: Teamwork makes the dream work!

Sonic: Time to leave you in my shadow, Shadow!

Good lines:

Spoiler

Omega: Bring-the-pains protocol initiated

Eggman: I hate that hedgehog!

Flynn is objectively better, believe me we should be happy that Flynn is handling the man book.

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

"Say you ever wonder if we talk about velocity too much? I don't want to annoy anyone, but its important to stay on brand "

" Just Drive "

Okay, that's still good, if not as much.

Also, it's SPEED!

It was pretty fun. Not the most interesting issue ever with its lack of story…  I'm a bit disappointing about the lack of the otherworld-y thing. At least it was pretty fun too see, and fully dynamic. I think that it would be nice to see him in more "serious" stories, he really have a lot of fun in his writing.

He really could be an interesting second writer if we get more side-stories to the main comic-book. If it works well, it might make them do more side-comics. I'm happy when we get new writers, because it feel a bit fresher (even if the best writers was for me Aleah Baker, she made most of the best Sonic stories for me).

38 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Not every writer is good 

And seems that not every message isn't kinda obvious 😛

More seriously, it was implied that getting "good" new writers is good, it seemed kinda obvious to me xD

And I think that new ideas, new visions are important for long stories like Sonic. And I think that having someone next to Flynn, with some difference in the vision, could give more peps to the story. Here, the most "funky" style would complement well how much Flynn is dedicated to "how the character would act" (sometimes a bit too much), even if I would love someone with a bit of the "oldschool sci-fi style" too, like Bollers, etc.

1 minute ago, Kazhnuz said:

And seems that not every message isn't kinda obvious 😛

More seriously, it was implied that getting "good" new writers is good, it seemed kinda obvious to me xD

And I think that new ideas, new visions are important for long stories like Sonic. And I think that having someone next to Flynn, with some difference in the vision, could give more peps to the story. Here, the most "funky" style would complement well how much Flynn is dedicated to "how the character would act" (sometimes a bit too much), even if I would love someone with a bit of the "oldschool sci-fi style" too, like Bollers, etc.

Let Evan or Aleah complement Flynn.

16 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Having them again could be fun, and I would be really happy to see them do more Sonic. But I'm interested here by what I'm seeing in this new writer, because I feel he have a lot of potential, especially if he get more his own style with times.

I'm caring about what we have here : we have a new writer interested by working with IDW for IDWSonic (and I found he had some pretty interesting style), I'm interested to see how he could evolve (and I'm laughing about some anti-Flynn creating a false rivality between Flynn and him).

1 hour ago, Kazhnuz said:

He really could be an interesting second writer if we get more side-stories to the main comic-book. If it works well, it might make them do more side-comics. I'm happy when we get new writers, because it feel a bit fresher (even if the best writers was for me Aleah Baker, she made most of the best Sonic stories for me).

True. Maybe some new/other writers could help this book branch out a bit.

33 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

The latter already does so.

Oof. I wasn't expecting much in the story department, but damn....those lines.....big oof. So much cringe. But now for something brighter.

I call these Tails' slow decent into madness.

Spoiler

image.png.250358f4415107b7de2df9a9169dc055.png

Tails....Your Sonic side is showing.

Spoiler

Gt0dtq5.jpg

A great new reaction image and...OH SWEET JEEBUS WHAT IS WITH PSYCHOTIC LOOKING TAILS 0_0;

Spoiler

image.png.5624f9dec3b00659a69c090781bcea3b.png

Tails...buddy...my son....I think you need a hug. I know the bad people hurt you but...oh dear...

4 minutes ago, Tails4Smash said:

Oof. I wasn't expecting much in the story department, but damn....those lines.....big oof. So much cringe. But now for something brighter.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Gt0dtq5.jpg

A great new reaction image and...OH SWEET JEEBUS WHAT IS WITH PSYCHOTIC LOOKING TAILS 0_0;

Hide contents

Tails...buddy...my son....I think you need a hug. I know the bad people hurt you but...oh dear...

You forget that he's a fox.

Gotta love that phallic metaphor beside him 

31 minutes ago, Tails4Smash said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Gt0dtq5.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

It was silly fun, but yeah... Those lines. 😅

Dodon Pa was amusing.

Spoiler

And yeah... Didn't expect Tails to find  his maniacal side in this. 😂

Actually, there were quite a bit more subtle hints towards the bigger picture than I thought there'd be. Like, yeah, there's the obvious explaining of the mechanics as a tie-in, but there are bit that more outside that scope, like; 

-The stuff going toward the abduction plot said in the solicit. We have Dodon Pa here studying racing like aliens studied human behaviour in any 50's B-movie, but then there's Big's remarks about being separated from Froggy again. Now, I'm going to go ahead and say that Big being abducted from Froggy is a bit more likely than Froggy going on a space run. 

-The fact that team Vector is clearly as non-functional a team as Free Riders' team Rose. They all have very different goals and are probably together because the rules stipulate teams.

Also, I like looking at the Wisp choices in the Sentai shot. Some are just matched based on colour (Tails' Orange Rocket, Knuckles' Crimson Eagle. Silver's Grey Quake), some are more for the thematic match (Blaze's Red Burst, Omega's Cyan Laser, Rouge's Purple Frenzy, the Chao's Black Bomb) and those that mean something else (Big's Jade Ghost, Amy's Blue Cube, Vector's Pink Spikes). Considering that was the writer's doing as well, that's a neat touch from him.