Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Can't say much on the show. Stopped watching it a long while ago after hating pretty much everything about it. I do know however she was only portrayed as that supreme badass figure in Shattered Crystal only...probably because Amy getting kidnapped is tiring and they wanted to make it less...so? I guess.

I meant Tails there, not Amy. Tails has taken the most L's in this era. So much so to the point it really does make me wonder why, when they're pretty careful with everyone else when they take L's. I joke a lot that they really hate Tails or something, but sometimes I truly do wonder. I don't buy that personally, but the disconnect has me thrown all over the place.

Being scared isn't a bad thing. It's more compelling. The bravest of people are those who are scared but still act anyways. It's just as someone who has taken up a interest in writing/creating, I look for purpose in a lot of choices. How certain choices help a character, where it leads, etc. Like weak moments are not inherently a bad thing. But when they pile up so much and lead nowhere, it comes to a point where you wonder why even bother. Weak moments allow for things like redemption, growth, etc. But when a character is filled with so many weak moments and barely any strong moments...they look pathetic and more of a hindrance than a benefit. Characters need to have a natural course of moments where they fail, and triumph coming out stronger. Toddler Tails isn't doing anything for him or anyone.

 

Thank you for describing a of bad stories and fanfiction for me. While it happening to tails is unfortunate and due to incompitence , its pretty common for fanfiction authors to be so enamored with failure, that the character doesn't go anywhere and growing doesn't mean anything

Cought Cough GOTF Cough COUGH

16 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Though to be fair no one else really is being pushed forward. Sonic is the closest to that, but only Tails is actually going backwards compared to everyone else. Other characters are stagnant. Thrown into roles without meaning. No real thought or reason beyond being dolls to grab attention.

 

This is something that I feel like is gonna bite sega in the ass soon,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sonictrainer said:

maxresdefault.jpg

3 times.

 

Speaking of Sonic Boom, in Fire & Ice, the game starts out with Sonic & Amy working together, alone, on a mission.

When's the last time this happened in the main game universe? Sonic Advance 3?

I didn't say 3 times as the last one was Sonic.

Fire & Ice had them working together but Amy made no advancements toward Sonic at all bummed me out but Sonic Advance 3 had them team up with Amy loving the fact that she was alone with him. ( TSR makes up for this though as my team is going to be 1 Sonic and 2 Amy's )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I didn't say 3 times as the last one was Sonic.

It's the same running gag of Amy running up to hug someone and then claiming that she made a mistake.

The 3rd time, she was mistaken about her mistake so she still made a mistake.

35 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Fire & Ice had them working together but Amy made no advancements toward Sonic at all

She doesn't have to.

Sonic is already right there with her instead of her having to chase his back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

maxresdefault.jpg

3 times.

 

Speaking of Sonic Boom, in Fire & Ice, the game starts out with Sonic & Amy working together, alone, on a mission.

When's the last time this happened in the main game universe? Sonic Advance 3?

The graphics are so much better than Sonic Forces, what hapened to Sonic Team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 12:03 PM, dbzfan7 said:

The hammer that's useless in pretty much everything outside of a gag 9 times out of 10 XD. But seriously I bet that probably is why they didn't use Amy. Because people would cry out fowl and what not in gender politics.

I love how Amy's hammer is useless but I'm supposed to believe this

640?cb=20120711125444

is an effective attack. Amy was at least able to stop Chaos 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Panda in a Pear Tree said:

The solicits usually start popping up on Previewsworld before anywhere else these days.

Yeah I checked but they're nowhere to be seen. It's weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Scape said:

I love how Amy's hammer is useless but I'm supposed to believe this

640?cb=20120711125444

is an effective attack

I mean the hammer is literally used constantly as a gag so....usually for the "Oh look how big the hammer is" "Ain't she scary with that hammer" (Especially in Sonic X). Funny enough I think Boom is when they didn't make the hammer used as a mere gag tool and an actual weapon.

I'd agree with ya if the rapid tail attack was treated as a gag before, or used in joking situations. Also seeing that post I made when sleep deprived is making me embarrassed I brought in some gender politics there XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Scape said:

I love how Amy's hammer is useless but I'm supposed to believe this

640?cb=20120711125444

is an effective attack. Amy was at least able stop Chaos 0.

Not getting involved in power level talk or whatever but what the FUCK is happening with Tails's torso there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

The same voice actress for Tails now also is your mother figure in the new South Park games....and if you played them you are now having that horrid mental image....If not you may get the horrid mental image😈

Luckily, SGB were kinda enough to block stuff like that out.

13 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Hey....I think Mania Adventures was pretty sweet, and the OVA with a few changes and a better cast would be phenomenal. Other then that to not be a total negative nancy I'll say AOSTH can be kinda fun in a bizarre Looney Tunes-ish way...and does have the advantage of believing in its lunacy rather than rejecting it like the meta stuff today. Never watched SATAM nor really have an interest to. Can't comment on it's quality outside of a kick ass theme. X can sometimes make Sonic feel cool as well as have some likable enough humans. We don't get those often. Boom....well...uh....I mean....I liked that time Eggman convinced Sonic to wear a flower outfit...one of the few times I laughed and thought it was a fitting joke..............I did say TRY to not be a total negative nancy.....

Ah, well I stand relatively correct. :slight_smile:

7 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Sad, because that time, she had it right.

I think that was the joke, actually.

Except, you know, played for a brief bit of drama.

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

 

Cought Cough GOTF Cough COUGH

 

Well, "F" U2, buddy!

5 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

The graphics are so much better than Sonic Forces, what hapened to Sonic Team?

They ran out of next gen production values outside of the occasional character model.

3 hours ago, Scape said:

I love how Amy's hammer is useless but I'm supposed to believe this

640?cb=20120711125444

is an effective attack. Amy was at least able stop Chaos 0.

Lol TPup.

What was the feather for again?

2 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

I mean the hammer is literally used constantly as a gag so....usually for the "Oh look how big the hammer is" "Ain't she scary with that hammer" (Especially in Sonic X). Funny enough I think Boom is when they didn't make the hammer used as a mere gag tool and an actual weapon.

I'd agree with ya if the rapid tail attack was treated as a gag before, or used in joking situations. Also seeing that post I made when sleep deprived is making me embarrassed I brought in some gender politics there XD

Well, it WAS always meant a real toy hammer.

2 hours ago, Heckboy said:

Not getting involved in power level talk or whatever but what the FUCK is happening with Tails's torso there

Not really seeing an issue there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Well, it WAS always meant a real toy hammer.

It was introduced in Sonic the Fighters as a replacement for Amy's punch. It was always supposed to have combat utility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Well, "F" U2, buddy!

 

If you like it, that's cool. I never thought those were good versions of the characters, way too sad all the time, and too indulgent in weird what if fan stuff for my liking. Its not for me, its for the person writing it, and that's fine. I just always found it wack and mildly embarrassing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

What was the feather for again?

Tails and a few of the other freedom fighters were inducted as honorary wolfpack members at the beginning of this mini-arc. It gives them free run of the area essentially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

What was the feather for again?

They were to show they were honorary members of the Wolf Pack. I...might reread a little too frequently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scape said:

It was introduced in Sonic the Fighters as a replacement for Amy's punch. It was always supposed to have combat utility.

No, I mean it's a literally Japanese toy. Thats why it squeaks.

s-l225.jpg

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

If you like it, that's cool. I never thought those were good versions of the characters, way too sad all the time, and too indulgent in weird what if fan stuff for my liking. Its not for me, its for the person writing it, and that's fine. I just always found it wack and mildly embarrassing

image.jpeg.d645359161321ad23f2dc1873c864b01.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Tails and a few of the other freedom fighters were inducted as honorary wolfpack members at the beginning of this mini-arc. It gives them free run of the area essentially.

 

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

They were to show they were honorary members of the Wolf Pack. I...might reread a little too frequently. 

Oh yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scape said:

I love how Amy's hammer is useless but I'm supposed to believe this

640?cb=20120711125444

is an effective attack. Amy was at least able to stop Chaos 0.

1) When has Amy ever fought Chaos 0? I don't recall in SA1, Battles, Forces

2) I could swore that 'furry animal can damage metallic robots" was first thing you need to accept when you join Sonic fandom.

 

Also, I don't like to think every time Chaos shows up as Chaos 0 he must be weak. It's just kinda silly.

He's a Shape Shifter. What we call "Chaos 2/4/ 6/Perfect" are just forms he choose for the battle, when his true form is puddle on the ground. It's perfectly reasonable to think that fully powered Chaos could take form of Chaos 0 for convenience sake (read: because that's his most iconic form). How else he would be any threat in Sonic Battle or Archie? And it's not like he needs Chaos Emeralds to be strong,  he just needs to feed on them and later he can spit them out. Before SA1 he was prisoner in ME, post that game he's invited guest, inhabiting world's strongest battery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Also, I don't like to think every time Chaos shows up as Chaos 0 he must be weak. It's just kinda silly.

He's a Shape Shifter. What we call "Chaos 2/4/ 6/Perfect" are just forms he choose for the battle, when his true form is puddle on the ground. It's perfectly reasonable to think that fully powered Chaos could take form of Chaos 0 for convenience sake (read: because that's his most iconic form). How else he would be any threat in Sonic Battle or Archie? And it's not like he needs Chaos Emeralds to be strong,  he just needs to feed on them and later he can spit them out. Before SA1 he was prisoner in ME, post that game he's invited guest, inhabiting world's strongest battery.

This. I mean there is such a thing as separating story from Gameplay y'know. Being the first boss doesn't necessarily mean Chaos 0 is Chaos' weakest form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.