Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/IDW_David_M/status/1075896976036618240

After Flynn mentionedhe wasn't sure if the other storiesin the Annual are canon Mariotte stepped in to confirm they are.

...We didn't even argue about that here. Annuals are usually canon. I know this was an argument back on another site, but it wasn't here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

...We didn't even argue about that here. Annuals are usually canon. I know this was an argument back on another site, but it wasn't here.

...I was just sharing in case there was any wonder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually really curious about the Rouge story. It'd be kinda nice to see her on her own in something for the first time since, uh, *thinks about the entire franchise*...her earlier appearances in Archie? 

(Shadow and/or Omega might still appear of course but I feel like they'd be mentioned if they were going to be featured heavily.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I'm actually really curious about the Rouge story. It'd be kinda nice to see her on her own in something for the first time since, uh, *thinks about the entire franchise*...her earlier appearances in Archie? 

(Shadow and/or Omega might still appear of course but I feel like they'd be mentioned if they were going to be featured heavily.)

Same here. 

Can't help but wonder what she's gonna be doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I'm actually really curious about the Rouge story. It'd be kinda nice to see her on her own in something for the first time since, uh, *thinks about the entire franchise*...her earlier appearances in Archie? 

Even then her early Archie appearances were shared with Bunnie or Scourge or about her underhanded plan to steal Knuckles from Julie-Su.

So yeah I'm looking forward to seeing that one in particular if only because it's the first full Rouge solo story ever. But also because a while back I tweeted that'd I'd like to see a Rouge Heist story and David Mariotte liked it and said "Interesting idea" so I think I might have been onto something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took over 20 years, but Uekawa-san finally draws a cover for a Sonic comic. And no, slapping generic Sonic art on a cover doesn't count. I bet Ian's on cloud nine seeing the official Sonic character designer drawing his characters.

And hey, Diana Skelley is finally on IDW Sonic! I was getting worried we weren't going to see her on the new book.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kimplix said:

 

"The annual — which weighs in at 48 pages — features a sprawling crew of creators, including four newcomers to the property. James Kochalka (Johnny Boo), Cavan Scott (Star Wars Adventures), Jack Lawrence (Transformers: Lost Light), and Gigi Dutrieux will have their first Sonic work featured in the annual. Ian Flynn, Evan Stanley, Caleb Goellner, Jonathan Gray, Jennifer Hernandez, and Diana Skelly will return from other Sonic issues to contribute to the massive book.

 

Oh YES!

Can't wait to see some glorious expressions once again!!!

That cover is really good too. Partially reminds me of Sonic Battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Even then her early Archie appearances were shared with Bunnie or Scourge or about her underhanded plan to steal Knuckles from Julie-Su.

So yeah I'm looking forward to seeing that one in particular if only because it's the first full Rouge solo story ever. But also because a while back I tweeted that'd I'd like to see a Rouge Heist story and David Mariotte liked it and said "Interesting idea" so I think I might have been onto something. 

I hated how Archie they portrayed Rouge  , when  they made her obsessed about Knuckles and tried steal him from Juli-su .  Couldn't they just ignored Knuckles and Rouge relationship . I can understand them disliking Knuckles paired with  Rouge , and wanted him with Juli-su , hell even me dislike Knuxouge , but I refuse to portray Rouge like .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Celestia said:

It's in the annual.

Oh, I guess that's a bit disappointing. I was hoping she would get an issue, but hey comics do this all the time. Test characters and concepts in annual books , hopefully the story is just her by herself and she can get more stories by herself. I think rouge is cool because while she's still airs on the side of good kinda she's a bit more morally gray than a lot of characters and I think tat's cool.  And team dark... in general can get more stories by themselves because I think they can carry themselves fine. And I felt like them being attached at the hip kinda was a waste. We can cool spy rouge stories, and Shadow being upset at life by himself. And whatever omega does.... Ok We aren't geting omega stories. But we could get the first two

 

48 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

I hated how Archie they portrayed Rouge  , when  they made her obsessed about Knuckles and tried steal him from Juli-su .  Couldn't they just ignored Knuckles and Rouge relationship . I can understand them disliking Knuckles paired with  Rouge , and wanted him with Juli-su , hell even me dislike Knuxouge , but I refuse to portray Rouge like .

TBF when the restructuring happened, that stopped, and when the reboot happened, that certainly stopped. That said Early archie had issues with .... pretty much every character post Classic era being used because instead of trying to fit them into how they needed to be as characters they always tried to warp them to their ( IMO ) super bad universe that I frankly didn't care for. And to be honest after a point they started doing it with classic characters too.

Thinking about things like that makes me glad they fucking nuked everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

Oh, I guess that's a bit disappointing. I was hoping she would get an issue, but hey comics do this all the time. Test characters and concepts in annual books , hopefully the story is just her by herself and she can get more stories by herself. I think rouge is cool because while she's still airs on the side of good kinda she's a bit more morally gray than a lot of characters and I think tat's cool.  And team dark... in general can get more stories by themselves because I think they can carry themselves fine. And I felt like them being attached at the hip kinda was a waste. We can cool spy rouge stories, and Shadow being upset at life by himself. And whatever omega does.... Ok We aren't geting omega stories. But we could get the first two

I'm kinda hoping that if the stories in the Annual are popular enough the writers and artists might get a chance to deliver some Miniseries in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March Solicitations go into Issue 15:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/21/transformers-glow-goosebumps-and-tangles-launch-in-idw-comics-march-2019-solicitations/

Spoiler

Sonic the Hedgehog #15—Cover A: Jack Lawrence
Ian Flynn (w) • Jack Lawrence (a)
“Patient Zero.” Having finally come face-to-face with Dr. Starline, Sonic needs to learn more about this new threat. He and Amy investigate an old Eggman lair but find it less abandoned than they thought when Rough & Tumble return for revenge!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Sonic the Hedgehog #15—Cover B: Diana Skelly
Ian Flynn (w) • Jack Lawrence (a) • Diana Skelly (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Retailer incentives:
Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Nathalie Fourdraine!

Bullet points:
A major turning point in Season 2! Who will be infected?!

Notable non-story things: Jack Lawrence of Transformers: Lost Light joins the main comic on art duties, and Diana Skelly returns to Sonic on the main comic too with a variant cover. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The solicits also go slightly more in depth on the Annual stories:

In Sonic’s world, adventure awaits around every corner, but even the world’s fastest hedgehog can’t be at the center of all of it! Join Sonic and some of his coolest friends in adventures that show just how wonderful Sonic’s world really is.

In the lead story, the odd couple of Tangle the Lemur and Whisper the Wolf team-up to save a friend in need! Then Sonic and Tails take the Tornado for a spin, but is Sonic going too fast? Plus, Silver and Blaze slow down for a minute to go gardening, the Sonic Fan Club has their first official meeting, and Rouge the Bat hunts for treasure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, seeing Yuji getting in on this comic action at last may be making a lot of fans nerd out, but it's about freaking time they had Skelly on the roster. 

To be honest this new annual could be a really good remedy for those like me who thought IDW's previous material's been lacking in weight and intrigue.  Seeing new writing talent being "tested" in a sense is just what's needed.  Can't wait to see what styles they'll bring to the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tracker_TD said:

March Solicitations go into Issue 15:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/21/transformers-glow-goosebumps-and-tangles-launch-in-idw-comics-march-2019-solicitations/

  Hide contents

Sonic the Hedgehog #15—Cover A: Jack Lawrence
Ian Flynn (w) • Jack Lawrence (a)
“Patient Zero.” Having finally come face-to-face with Dr. Starline, Sonic needs to learn more about this new threat. He and Amy investigate an old Eggman lair but find it less abandoned than they thought when Rough & Tumble return for revenge!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Sonic the Hedgehog #15—Cover B: Diana Skelly
Ian Flynn (w) • Jack Lawrence (a) • Diana Skelly (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Retailer incentives:
Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Nathalie Fourdraine!

Bullet points:
A major turning point in Season 2! Who will be infected?!

Notable non-story things: Jack Lawrence of Transformers: Lost Light joins the main comic on art duties, and Diana Skelly returns to Sonic on the main comic too with a variant cover. 

Amy? Hmph.

That's one heckuva shift.

1 hour ago, Panda in a Pear Tree said:

The solicits also go slightly more in depth on the Annual stories:

 

 

Eh on most of those stories.

Otherwise, gardening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silver and Blaze.. gardening? Together? Not the first thing that comes to mind for a story about the two of them, but okay. Maybe there's some kind of character building with Silver talking about how beautiful the world and why he wants to preserve it. Or save it. Whatever his current time is like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.