Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, kimplix said:

It's new cover time

sonic_idw_13_cover_a.thumb.jpg.690cc8576afb5d9ea28db176304c3973.jpg

sonic_idw_13_cover_b.thumb.jpg.d02eed465f3319b4981bd7bca0081be5.jpg

Interesting that they chose a green  and indigo color for their text.

Also noticing some parallel drawn between Tumble and Amy, lately..

 

Nice hiding him there, btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, didn't Ian say off the top of his head he considered Shadow a main figure with the classic 4 when writing the comic as a whole, yet once more he's not present in marketing covers with characters that won't play a big part of the next story arc(Amy and Knuckles).

Or is this artist just hate Shadow and only uses him because he's ordered to by mandates/the writer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Again, didn't Ian say off the top of his head he considered Shadow a main figure with the classic 4 when writing the comic as a whole, yet once more he's not present in marketing covers with characters that won't play a big part of the next story arc(Amy and Knuckles).

Or is this artist just hate Shadow and only uses him because he's ordered to by mandates/the writer?

most likely Shadow wont have a huge role, in the issue, not every issue needs the main 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

most likely Shadow wont have a huge role, in the issue, not every issue needs the main 4

Well thats obvious. The main 4 is not in every issue but somehow their in almost half the covers, together or seperately placed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Again, didn't Ian say off the top of his head he considered Shadow a main figure with the classic 4 when writing the comic as a whole, yet once more he's not present in marketing covers with characters that won't play a big part of the next story arc(Amy and Knuckles).

Or is this artist just hate Shadow and only uses him because he's ordered to by mandates/the writer?

Because Shadow isn't important to this issue/mini-arc?

42 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Well thats obvious. The main 4 is not in every issue but somehow their in almost half the covers, together or seperately placed.

Because they're the main four and there's only 4 character spaces on that one?

Also, unless I haven't read a solicit, Knuckles and Metal aren't in this arc yet, but were significant figures in the greater scheme of the comic thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So uh, is anyone else thinking the cover is inspired by this one?

latest?cb=20121221201631

It's a neat cover either way, bit I immediately thought of this issue when I saw it.

That's what I thought as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So uh, is anyone else thinking the cover is inspired by this one?

latest?cb=20121221201631

It's a neat cover either way, but I immediately thought of this issue when I saw it.

I thought that the moment I saw it. Kind of a weird homage since that was one to Marvel vs Capcom I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So uh, is anyone else thinking the cover is inspired by this one?

latest?cb=20121221201631

It's a neat cover either way, but I immediately thought of this issue when I saw it.

Probably just coincedence. Archie Sonic had several covers like this over the years.

And man, as far as the other cover goes, Kieran Gates has both the classic AND modern Sonic styles down cold. Dude could be the next Spaz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Kieran Gates has both the classic AND modern Sonic styles down cold. Dude could be the next Spaz.

Thank God I was seriously starting to think I was the only one digging his art.

I usually see comments about how bland it is and stuff but I don't know I enjoy the majority of his covers. They aren't the most ambitious or anything but it's still some real high quality stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Those character select covers make me want a sonic fighting game

Sega should make one of those

I would buy it

I hope it's more like Sonic the Fighters than Sonic Battle, but that's an entirely different topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.