Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

26 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Oh yeah, turns into a robot if he don't stop running right?

More like a statue of sorts I think.

1 hour ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Wait, isn't one of the upcoming arcs about Sonic getting infected with a virus?

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

Oh yeah, turns into a robot if he don't stop running right?

1 hour ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

More like a statue of sorts I think.

Sigh, I know solicitations are fair game, but some people purposely don't read them.

Can I preeeeeeeeeety please for a spoiler tag next time?

6 hours ago, Marco9966 said:
  Hide contents

Did starline give chaos emeralds to Eggman??

Yes.

Did a doubletake at first, though

12 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hide contents

Starlight Glimmer isn't in this comic.

:lol: Oh common, you can't tell me you wouldn't make that mistake!

Spoiler

Really enjoyed this issue, the father/son moments between Eggman and Metal is addorbale and I really liked the scene where Sonic showed patience with Whisper whose deff dealing with a lot of things 

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

So, let me get this straight

Hide contents

Starlightne is an intern?

Anyway, this issue makes @SenEDDtor Missile's suggestion even more palatable.

What suggestion was that again? Been trying to find it but can’t remember.

7 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

What suggestion was that again? Been trying to find it but can’t remember.

The Chaotix vs Rough&Tumble one.

43 minutes ago, Heckboy said:

It only took almost a year! 😋

Man...a lot of you guys really don't read many non Sonic comics do ya?

21 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Man...a lot of you guys really don't read many non Sonic comics do ya?

I do actually read lots of comics! I've collected comics and graphic novels for most of my life. Most good comics don't drag their feet for nearly a year with repetitive stories filled with almost nothing but cheap fanservice and flat dialogue, and instead actually give you your money's worth each month by telling entertaining stories that are substantial enough on their own.

3 minutes ago, Heckboy said:

I do actually read lots of comics! I've collected comics and graphic novels for most of my life. Most good comics don't drag their feet for nearly a year with repetitive stories filled with almost nothing but cheap fanservice and flat dialogue, and instead actually give your money's worth each month by telling entertaining stories that are substantial enough on their own.

I also read other comics like Giant Days, and Ruinworld, and Tyson Hesse's Diesel. (BOOM! editions has lots of good comics)

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

Tyson Hesse's Diesel. 

I've actually wanted to read that for a while. How is it?

6 minutes ago, Heckboy said:

I've actually wanted to read that for a while. How is it?

It's very good, it has good worldbuilding, but it's only 4 issues

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I also read other comics like Giant Days, and Ruinworld, and Tyson Hesse's Diesel. (BOOM! editions has lots of good comics)

Cudos for you for supporting smaller stuff just because they're good, rather than worshipping Big Two or feeding on resurrected old properties by IDW.

Me, I'm a sucker for large franchises, because I love rich lores, giant casts of character and watching how the franchise evolves through years. In short, I'm big companies wet dream consumer. With that said, DC and Marvel are just too big for me. The franchise is only fun if I can comprehend it in a time shorter than a decade.

IDW Sonic would be best compared to IDW Ninja Turtles, it draaaaaaged as well. But even then in 12 issues, it managed to
- make a major change to Turtles origin, which had huge repercussions through the whole book.
- Introduce plot points connected to Shredder but also Krang, Casy Jones and Mutanimals

I'm entirely sure it was better than IDW Sonic, it had its own problems but definitely had more stuff going on.

And if someone wants a really good example I recommend 2010 Darkwing Duck series from Boom! It only lasted 18 issues (20 counting the crossover), but in its first 4-part story it managed more comedy, drama, and fanservice than Sonic in whole "year".

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Cudos for you for supporting smaller stuff just because they're good, rather than worshipping Big Two or feeding on resurrected old properties by IDW.

Me, I'm a sucker for large franchises, because I love rich lores, giant casts of character and watching how the franchise evolves through years. In short, I'm big companies wet dream consumer. With that said, DC and Marvel are just too big for me. The franchise is only fun if I can comprehend it in a time shorter than a decade.

IDW Sonic would be best compared to IDW Ninja Turtles, it draaaaaaged as well. But even then in 12 issues, it managed to
- make a major change to Turtles origin, which had huge repercussions through the whole book.
- Introduce plot points connected to Shredder but also Krang, Casy Jones and Mutanimals

I'm entirely sure it was better than IDW Sonic, it had its own problems but definitely had more stuff going on.

And if someone wants a really good example I recommend 2010 Darkwing Duck series from Boom! It only lasted 18 issues (20 counting the crossover), but in its first 4-part story it managed more comedy, drama, and fanservice than Sonic in whole "year".

I'd argue we got a couple real plot threads planted in the first year. 

We have Whisper's whole deal which includes whatever her apparent grudge with Shadow is and Silver's future being in peril which clearly is related to Eggman's Revenge scheme. 

Plus the whole year has been a put dealing with the aftermath of the events of Forces and introducing five brand new characters. 

Stuff has been happening. There's a difference between if it doesn't interest you and if it happened. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Stuff has been happening. There's a difference between if it doesn't interest you and if it happened. 

Yeah, "stuff" has been happening. The way its presented is boring and uninspired. Ian's so focused on the long-term payoff that the individual stories don't really stand on their own, they only serve to build up to the next issue. Every story plays out in basically the same way, with minimal variation in the character interaction, humor (DUDE REFERENCES LMAO), settings, and action. I know people will go "BUT MANDATES", but honestly? The stuff I'm looking for is just basic funnybook shit. I don't care about lore or elaborate backstories for every Sega character or "things happening," just tell fun stories full of spontaneity and creativity. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well if you're not liking it fine but personally I'm enjoying it. I like the references and honestly I find the plot fun.

I'll admit my standards are "Don't be a teen soap opera" but still. I like the characters and I'm having fun reading about their adventures so I'm happy. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Heckboy said:

Yeah, "stuff" has been happening. The way its presented is boring and uninspired. Ian's so focused on the long-term payoff that the individual stories don't really stand on their own, they only serve to build up to the next issue. Every story plays out in basically the same way, with minimal variation in the character interaction, humor (DUDE REFERENCES LMAO), settings, and action. I know people will go "BUT MANDATES", but honestly? The stuff I'm looking for is just basic funnybook shit. I don't care about lore or elaborate backstories for every Sega character or "things happening," just tell fun stories full of spontaneity and creativity. 

It's weird for me how reverse the situation seems to be. The games have these great idea plots, but they muck up the characters and execution. Meanwhile the IDW series has the characters nailed down, but the plots aren't very interesting and are executed about to the standard we'd expect from this kind of tale. It's so weird. Sonic really is an extreme left or right problem series. Never can we get the middle ground XD.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

You can tell Evan Stanley had fun with this issue

I was wondering why his arm was suddenly much lower.

Spoiler

IDW Sonic #12 was alright Eggman is back big surprise,  Knuckles got his home back and Rouge is pleasantly relaxing all is fine except Amy who gets the short end of the stick again with her losing her job and someone thinks they need to be paid I hope this isn't going to be Amy's thing again.... The more I read the more I dislike IDW Amy, changing her personality I give it a 5.3 /10.

Spoiler

DxESE2XXcAAMdPA.jpg:large

This image is cute though!