Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

3 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

I just started a "bring back Sticks" campaign online, which includes bringing her to the comics. And I have to say people are showing love and support for her. I'm surprised she's popular.

Well, she already has a good design, a unique characterization, a decent connection with a game character, was a major part of one of the better things to come out of Boom, and has been exposed to the greater franchise via Rio.

So of course she is.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

It was Rouge who found Eggman, and it was Sonic who found who was impersonating him. Not the Chaotix.

If you're referring to the alternative issue 6 plot, the latter is irrelevant and the former is a simple change.

So Ian's BumbleKast aired today. Infinite is confirmed off-limits. For no reason. There goes the chance to turn Infinite into a better character.

Fuck SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 2

On 1/18/2019 at 2:15 PM, Celestia said:

I think Amy should have a hyperrealistic gun instead of a hammer. If Ian Flynn doesn't do this then I'll lose faith in him.

At this rate there's probably going to be an unannounced Shadow story in the annual that has something controversial happen, lol.

And into the trash infinite goes

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

So Ian's BumbleKast aired today. Infinite is confirmed off-limits. For no reason. There goes the chance to turn Infinite into a better character.

Fuck SEGA.

Guess they consider him dead then.

The alternative is that they're going to work out how to use him, in the same way Eggman Nega was off-limits while they worked out what they wanted to do with his backstory (which they did...11 years after his debut). From the perspective of IDW, it doesn't matter either way. 

• Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Fuck SEGA.

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

Guess they consider him dead then.

Not to indirectly irk anyone here who genuinely cared or had hope, but uhCALLED IT!

14 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Fuck SEGA.

Part of me kinda hopes that this means theymight have plans for him in the games and don't want anything to Contradict anything they might do with him.

But that's admittedly just being optimistic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That's incredibly disappointing. I would've loved to see what IDW could've done with Infinite, I really feel with more competent writing he could have a lot of potential. 

• Thumbs Up 2

oof that's a big blow for me. I was really hoping they'd be able to use his unmasked form that either tries to redeem himself or becomes an occasional threat to Sonic/Shadow from time to time. Infinite is my favourite villain in the series. I was really hoping Ian could work his magic with him.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Fuck SEGA.

Ugh why!!! At least Infinite has the Janemba factor of having cool powers that can be used for so many possibilities. But they'll keep the Deadly Shits around for some fucking reason when they have no redeeming qualities and only jack shit. Except Jack left town, and all that remained is shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't expect Infinite to get used anyway.

I feel like if he were available, what happened to him might have been touched upon or at least referred back to by now.

For those who care, this doesn't mean he's off-limits forever. Took forever for Omega to show up in the Archie books and Eggman Nega was a no-go for... ever. So maybe he won't be allowed at all too then. Dunno.

I gotta admit, I'm struggling to care.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Fuck SEGA.

And yet when Zavok’s pulled out again, that’s not considered a chance to improve him...

Also, could Ian Flynn make a new character based on Infinite?

• Thumbs Up 1

Fuck SEGA.

Man I can't see how this is anything but good news. Do people really want time spent trying to rehabilitate trash instead of focusing on characters who are actually likeable, or on new characters that are actually good from the start?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 1

8 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Man I can't see how this is anything but good news. Do people really want time spent trying to rehabilitate trash instead of focusing on characters who are actually likeable, or on new characters that are actually good from the start?

Rehabilitating trash is kind of Ian's thing considering he's been writing comics based on Sonic lore for over 10 years now.

I would have liked to see what he came up with. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

My theory? I just think that SEGA just wants to forget about him and not use him anymore.

Him and mephilies can share a room in the shame corner

• Chuckle 2

40 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

And yet when Zavok’s pulled out again, that’s not considered a chance to improve him...

Yeah I don't really get this. Infinite is worthy of a second chance but Zavok needs to die and be forgotten because...he wasn't super interesting or something? 

3 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Yeah I don't really get this. Infinite is worthy of a second chance but Zavok needs to die and be forgotten because...he wasn't super interesting or something? 

If Ian Flynn has Deadly Six ideas I'd hear him out. He made me like Silver so he's a miracle worker.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

People liked Infinite soooo.....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

If Ian Flynn has Deadly Six ideas I'd hear him out. He made me like Silver so he's a miracle worker.

I'm on the train of "Ian made me like Silver" at least.

I'd welcome Infinite just fine if he did make it into the book but my current perception of him makes it hard to care that he's isn't. So its whatever. I'm good either way.

10 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

People liked Infinite soooo.....

I feel like the people who genuinely liked him wouldn't be phrasing this in terms of fixing/improving him or talking about the potential he could have had.