Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

3 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

I agree, but I think in this case what might make this work is that Shadow kind of still needs to have his Phantom Ruby clones addressed and Tangle is as much an audience surrogate as her own character so using her to explore more of Whisper and the actual war beyond what the game showed us doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I love your enthusiasm

I don't think that's ever gonna be addressed.

3 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I love your enthusiasm

I don't think that's ever gonna be addressed.

No, probably not, but I figure Tangle will still probably be used to at least explore more of Whisper and the war and that somewhere in there we might find out what her beef with Shadow is.

31 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Their editors/ people at IDW want to push them, they are girls and they like pushing girls and there aren't a lot of sonic characters who are girls. They fit under both categories.

That's it.

Uh no, not that.

I meant from the long term, storytelling standpoint.

14 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

No, probably not, but I figure Tangle will still probably be used to at least explore more of Whisper and the war and that somewhere in there we might find out what her beef with Shadow is.

Maybe

Check out a sneak peek of their next adventure as two of the newest and already most beloved Sonic characters team-up! Also includes a recap of Season 1!

...I don't think that's true at all.

You pushing really hard IDW, I hope that works out.

17 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Aren't they beloved? Artists go crazy for them. I really like them too honestly, more than the FFs.

I haven't seen too much fan art of them, and the general consensus of these characters I have seen on a few websites is " oh these guys are pretty cool " nothing exemplary , much like the comic itself. Not saying people don't like them, I like them. But " Most beloved " is kinda pushing it, and I know that pushing way too hard on some characters people are only ok on is a fast way to make people hate those characters.

TBH its an issue that sonic as a series has kind of had in general, putting their eggs in a basket and the basket not working out, even recently with infinite. Sometimes you push characters too hard and they fall off the table.

Like I said, I don't know what the future holds, but I hope this works out. Because i'm gonna be pissed if these characters get fucked over because some editor pushes them so hard that they turn off part of the fanbase. Because I like em, and would prefer to see them.

Edit: I can go into so many characters that I liked, than an editor also liked and pushed them way too hard and messed the whole shit up. The hulk had son, HE HAD A SON. HE WAS COOL, you don't know because that happened!

Why are you guys calling it a mini series? The cover says One-Shot.

Edit: Oh, wait, I'm dumb. The one-shot is a preview for the mini series.

5 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

New solicits are out.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01/25/idw-april-2019-solicits-launches-dick-tracy-forever-1-by-michael-avon-oeming/

They reveal a new miniseries coming this summer about Tangle and Whisper! It's a surprise that comic exclusive characters get their own stories honestly. They are THAT popular.

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

31933327527_2c771680e5_o.jpg

Spoiler

“Infection!” Sonic’s been infected with a mysterious new virus and his speed seems to be his only saving grace. Can Sonic, Tails, and Tangle beat the disease before Sonic’s beat? And who will be the virus’ next victims?
In Shops: Apr 17, 2019

STL115112?type=1

Fan-favorites Tangle the Lemur and Whisper the Wolf take the spotlight in this special preview for their upcoming mini-series adventure! Check out a sneak peek of their next adventure as two of the newest and already most beloved Sonic characters team-up! Also includes a recap of Season 1!
* Catch up on Season 1 of Sonic as Season 2 picks up speed in the main series!
* Includes a special sneak peek of the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog: Tangle & Whisper mini-series, coming this summer!
In Shops: Apr 24, 2019

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

I wish someone else would get the Mega Man license. It's been like 3 or 4 years since Archie "went on Hiatus" so they can't possibly have the rights anymore. Although I worry that Udon would pick up the rights and they've been basically doing nothing with Street Fighter lately.

On Topic though my only real issue with the Whisper and Tangle miniseries is while I like Tangle I feel a Whisper and Shadow mini would have been a better idea. There's some story there that they need to tell.

Udon did get Megaman, and all they’ve done so far is to reprint translated manga.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

So it's apparently not too soon for this, I guess.

It's interesting though.

Not sure what's going on, thought Sonic was splatted with Pink blood or something.

The character themselves or the books having spin offs.

I mean the book is successful so it makes sense right, whether people will come out for the IDW characters, we will have to wait and see.

Both?

I mean, the leading characters haven't been around that long...they established their personalities pretty well, but they were just grouped with everyone else immediately when the "action" started.

Also, first villain defeated then a mini-series...

It's just a bit questioning, is fine. Something good might happen.

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Both?

I mean, the leading characters haven't been around that long...they established their personalities pretty well, but they were just grouped with everyone else immediately when the "action" started.

Also, first villain defeated then a mini-series...

It's just a bit questioning, is fine. Something good might happen.

They want to push the characters it seems. Their language is uh... flowery, to say the least

I'm not sure what I should think about Tangle and Whisper getting their own mini-series/spinoff story. On one hand, it could flesh them out a bit more, but on the other hand, I think this comes just way too soon. This is a brand new comic series for Sonic, a fresh start from a brand new publisher. If you ask me, they should actually focus way more on Sonic and his bunch of multi-rainbow-colored friends, instead of on focusing already on two brand new characters. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome to see IDW is going to be doing mini series. Not sure if focusing on Tangle and Whisper first is wise, but I like them both so, whatever.

On the flipside, this is a good way to flesh them out as their personalities are still rather underdeveloped. 

Tangle doesn't really have much story beyond "She's an excited fangirl" and not being tied to be just another of Sonic's many sidekicks could help her come into her own.

And hey, Whisper already has the roots set for an intriguing story.

I won't be against it until the story comes out 

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I hope it turns out fine.

Just I have seen this go really bad

Has Flash backs of a bunch of marvel heroes in the past decade

Excited to see what awaits in Tangle and Whisper's mini. (This is our first mini since...what? The Death Egg Saga?) It's great to see something like this pop up since it shows the first step towards IDW fleshing out their Sonicverse a bit more and I think focusing on brand new characters that we know very little about is a great idea. I'm especially excited about the potential for future minis that this presents. (GIMME A TEAM DARK MINI.)

Also, Diana Skelly on the main book makes me THE HAPPIEST camper.