Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

3 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

What the heck?? I thought their old expressions fit perfectly.

I guess he means that Tumble in particular is pretty gruff to be reacting in such blatant dumbfoundness.

44 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

I don't care what people do, it's their taste not mine, they can torture themselves and read a comic even if they dislike those characters. I just don't understand why would people do it.

And I never said I want comic characters to be "segregated" into a side book, did I? I just said that the Freedom Fighters were rather intrusive in the Archie series, the main book can barely carry Sonic's adventures, comic characters can fit in but not as protagonists and/or appearing in every issue. I mean, only Sonic is appearing regularly right now. And I believe that is what happened with Tangle and Whisper, as side characters they did not feel intrusive at all. Now that I have been introduced to them, I care and I want to see their story unfold and a side book is the perfect opportunity for that.

Them there is also the fact that Tangle and Whisper feel like actual Sonic characters, part of Sonic's universe, they fit more than the FFs and that's why I want to see more of them.

I’m sorry, but by what measure is or isn’t a character “intrusive” to a series?

And I’m having a hard time seeing how this character:

latest?cb=20150605063829

fits less than this character:

Dbvou-jVQAEU9gv.jpg

with Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

I’m sorry, but by what measure is or isn’t a character “intrusive” to a series?

And I’m having a hard time seeing how this:

fits less than this:

in Sonic.

Why oh why did you have to use those two specifically?

Just now, DabigRG said:

Why oh why did you have to use those two specifically?

I could have used anyone, so I don’t really see what the difference would be.

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

I could have used anyone, so I don’t really see what the difference would be.

I know. That's kinda why I asked.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I know. That's kinda why I asked.

Because those were the first to come to mind, I guess?

Spoiler

Wait, is the virus Eggman created supposed to turn people into his robot slaves, similar to robotization?

If so, I hope Sonic doesn't accidentally pass it on to people while he's running to stall its progress.

9 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

Wait, is the virus Eggman created supposed to turn people into his robot slaves, similar to robotization?

If so, I hope Sonic doesn't accidentally pass it on to people while he's running to stall its progress.

Spoiler

I’m guessing he can at least pass it on, since Silver’s future seems to be exactly like what Sonic’s condition is described to be.

Eggman should rename himself from “World’s Greatest Genius” to “World’s Greatest Apocalypse.”

53 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

And I’m having a hard time seeing how this character:

*snip*

fits less than this character:

*snip*

with Sonic.

While it's not exactly the hugest of deals, I do feel like Tangle's "gimmick" being an exaggerated physical attribute fits Sonic better than Sally's laser sword.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

While it's not exactly the hugest of deals, I do feel like Tangle's "gimmick" being an exaggerated physical attribute fits Sonic better than Sally's laser sword.

Sally’s “laser swords” are actually “ring blades,” based on Power Rings, dude. Just like Whisper’s weapon is a unique Wispon.

That’s not a lesser fit.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Sally’s “laser swords” are actually “ring blades,” based on power rings, dude.

It's not really based on rings because rings don't do anything like that. Rings are just the excuse to explain the laser sword.

5 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Just like Whisper’s weapon is a unique Wispon.

I'm not really that big a fan of the omni-wispon to be honest, so the comparison doesn't do much for me. But it at least actually is based on something in the series.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

It's not really based on rings because rings don't do anything like that. Rings are just the excuse to explain the laser sword.

That’s why they’re called Ring-blades...

Rings aren’t uniform. We’ve had Power Rings, Ring Bombs, Warp Rings, Red Rings, Inhibitor Rings, and World Rings. Ring Blades aren’t a violation of anything in this franchise than they are just another variation of something that’s always been around.

I'm not really that big a fan of the omni-wispon to be honest, so the comparison doesn't do much for me. But it at least actually is based on something in the series.

Yes, just like the Ring-Blades.

And I don’t care if you’re not a fan of the omni-wispon, we’re not gonna make up excuses for this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Ok? That doesn't actually challenge anything I said. Rings don't make blades. That's not a thing in Sonic. They're health/protection, they're money, they're Super form fuel, but you don't have scientists turning them into portable laser weapons. You can't just attach any random idea to something that exists in the series and declare that that makes it fit.

Dio, that is ridiculous and you know it.

I’m not engaging it something so petty when at this point it’s clear this isn’t about the rings making blades.

6 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Dio, that is ridiculous and you know it.

I’m not engaging it something so petty when at this point it’s clear this isn’t about the rings making blades.

Shit man it must be nice to know what other people are thinking better than they do. And I hope you're getting my current thoughts on this bullshit you're pulling loud and clear.

35 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Rings aren’t uniform. We’ve had Power Rings, Ring Bombs, Warp Rings, Red Rings, Inhibitor Rings, and World Rings. Ring Blades aren’t a violation of anything in this franchise than they are just another variation of something that’s always been around.

Yes, just like the Ring-Blades.

And I don’t care if you’re not a fan of the omni-wispon, we’re not gonna make up excuses for this.

Also Combi-Rings.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Also Combi-Rings.

Never heard of those. What do they do?

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Never heard of those. What do they do?

They joined two people together by the wrist and acts as an bungee chord and/or slingshot.

Rings have on rare occasion been used in the games to power stuff (which is what most media other than the games tends to emphasize, since the main thing they're known for in the games is awkward as anything other than a game mechanic), re-purposing some to make an energy weapon is...not that much of a stretch? I don't really understand this argument lol.

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

Rings have on rare occasion been used in the games to power stuff (which is what most media other than the games tends to emphasize, since the main thing they're known for in the games is awkward as anything other than a game mechanic), re-purposing some to make an energy weapon is...not that much of a stretch? I don't really understand this argument lol.

I think he's trying to say that because Sally's RingBlades are a somewhat offbeat concept for the games, that the hardcore fans wouldn't like it as much as Tangle's elastic tail.

I guess them also being energy blades is the weird thing...which compared to what the games tend to do with rings...it is different.