Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Just now, StaticMania said:

Which one...? I mean, which bombs are the "bad" one?

Yes , they took most of screen time , instead of style kicking that it is badass and more fun . Leave throwing bombs to Bean .

Just now, StaticMania said:

I'm sorry but this Bean character doesn't seem to exist.

It's truly tragic.

He can exists in Classic games , and still no excuse for using this shit style over the better one .

1 hour ago, Gumbit said:

He can exists in Classic games , and still no excuse for using this shit style over the better one .

He was only in Sonic the Fighters. He never appeared in any game beyond that. He is about important a character to the series as Honey the Cat or Princess Sara.

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

Plus, looking back the panels in that issue, it was a combo attack with Whisper.

Combo or not , they still using the bombs even without combo . I looked back at the issues the combo fight  is between Tangle and Whisper .

45 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

Combo or not , they still using the bombs even without combo . I looked back at the issues the combo fight  is between Tangle and Whisper .

RCO016.jpg

5 things:

1. Rouge is setting up the bombs so that Whisper can blow them up.
  2. This combo attack is more powerful, has more range, and is more effective at causing Master Overload damage than Rouge using her Drill Dive
  3. The last time I can remember Rouge used bombs in any universe was Sonic Generations. In fact, I believe this is the first time I've seen her use bombs in the comics.
  4. In Episode 11 of Sonic X (Fly Spy), Rouge tries to use her Screw Kick against an Eggman Robot named Noisy, but can't because its sound attacks hurt her massive ears. How does she win against it? By using a BOMB.
  5. It's not like Rouge fought using bombs the entire fight...

RCO018.jpg

1 hour ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

tumblr_plwabh3HI81rcatnso1_1280.png

This is the first time that Evan used 3D art in an official product and it does look good (even on par) with her 2D art.

On 1/28/2019 at 5:59 AM, Jack the Shadow said:

On Shadow's nerf: Am I the only one who hates when Shadow is overpowered? I love him and all but... idk, he needs weaknesses to be a balanced character. If he's OP it's just... boring.

Shadow being extremely powerful is one of the fundamental staples that's not only help makes him powerful but also establish his context on how much stronger Sonic is as a character(which makes beating him more impressive) who's more or less op most of the time. Plus it's one of the few things that make him enjoyable, like any other action character.

19 hours ago, Gumbit said:

It's ridiculous  to introduce a spy/thief that destroyed robots with her legs , then later seeing her only throwing lame bombs on those robots , as if she was never able to destroy them by herself before .

Why this conversation is already long dead I just wanted to say that it is this line of thought that frequently annoys me about Tails. He was introduced as able to effectively imitate Sonic's way of fighting by curling into a ball but eventually got to the point that everyone seems ignorant of that and always want's him using gadgets and guns with no knowledge that he can actually perform far better without such things. So far Ian hasn't dropped the ball there yet with the IDW run even if it has been a while since last seeing Tails fight like Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Why this conversation is already long dead I just wanted to say that it is this line of thought that frequently annoys me about Tails. He was introduced as able to effectively imitate Sonic's way of fighting by curling into a ball but eventually got to the point that everyone seems ignorant of that and always want's him using gadgets and guns with no knowledge that he can actually perform far better without such things. So far Ian hasn't dropped the ball there yet with the IDW run even if it has been a while since last seeing Tails fight like Sonic.

I think it's because people want most of the characters to have a distinct way of fighting that can be considered "cool."

Rouge's thing as Knuckles' rival is kicking, so Courage for example says he prefers her kicking to using bombs. And in this case, the bulk of Tails' effective characters is based around tinkering with gadgets and aircraft, so some would like to see him use that in combat.

2 hours ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

This is the first time that Evan used 3D art in an official product and it does look good (even on par) with her 2D art.

Actually it's a 2D art, yes!

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I think it's because people want most of the characters to have a distinct way of fighting that can be considered "cool."

Rouge's thing as Knuckles' rival is kicking, so Courage for example says he prefers her kicking to using bombs. And in this case, the bulk of Tails' effective characters is based around tinkering with gadgets and aircraft, so some would like to see him use that in combat.

It's not even that I don't think gadgets can work for Tails since there have been times when it has made since such as against Metal Sonic in the OVA since Tails can't keep up with Sonic when he is going all out so or in Mania Adventures again to separate the Chaos Emeralds from Metal  as in those cases his use of gadgets makes since. But when he is just traveling with Sonic, stopping to take out and use a gadget to defeat an enemy he could beat and move on from in less time than it takes the projectile of a weapon of his making to even reach the enemy is just honestly aggravating. I guess to me it's one of those situations where Tails should only fall back on his brains when his athletic abilities aren't enough on their own or combined with his brain, such as against Metal Sonic or even a for like Black Eggman from the OVA. Of course whether you want Tails to be all athletic, all gadget, or a mix of the two at least in IDW so far he hasn't been useless against bots less threatening than even Egg Pawns when he period has the means to dismantle them in seconds either way.

With Rouge I kind of feel the same way. She has her spy and subterfuge tools, but if forced into direct combat she is an extremely skilled and dangerous unarmed combatant so use of both makes sense. But using only your tools and gizmos to fight because it is character themed just doesn't work for me. I mean if one were to take that mentality to it's extreme than all fictional military mechanics should only fight with is in their toolboxes despite being fully trained in the use of firearms. If you have more efficient means on hand use them, and in Tails' case his own body is more useful more often than not than his gadgets. As for fighting Master Overlord I'll give most of the characters a pass since his size makes more direct attacks kind of useless and is a situation where even Tails could have gotten away with bombs/Ring Bombs, though smashing an airship into his target worked pretty well regardless so...

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Well, Rouge uses bombs instead of kicking. Comic is officially  ruined.

I never claimed that ,  in 10 issue Rouge throw bombs on robots although she destroyed robots before without bombs .

All I want is use her original style especially when she doesn't need bombs to defeat enemies  , is that so much to ask ?

2 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Glad you said that , now there is finally understand how I feel . I was okey with using bombs in battle , they were secondary moves , but this started to annoys since Sonic 06 .

Edited by Gumbit

Tails' Adventure he learns the spin dash and the manual states that it takes place before he met Sonic.

Though the item that gives him the spin dash, has Sonic's face on it.

Little to nothing to talk about, I see.

22 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Tails' Adventure he learns the spin dash and the manual states that it takes place before he met Sonic.

Though the item that gives him the spin dash, has Sonic's face on it.

Oops.

Tails adventure in the japanese manual says it's before he met Sonic, the US after. Take that how you will.

The US manual of Sonic 2 had this as well.

They were all together in the forest, watching Sonic perform. Sonic would run, spin and jump in his Super Spin Attack. Then "Tails" would whirl like a turbo engine and blast off in his Super Dash Attack. What a showoff!

9 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Tails adventure in the japanese manual says it's before he met Sonic, the US after. Take that how you will.

They were all together in the forest, watching Sonic perform. Sonic would run, spin and jump in his Super Spin Attack. Then "Tails" would whirl like a turbo engine and blast off in his Super Dash Attack. What a showoff!

I like this idea, it makes sense on multiple levels. It emphasizes friendship between the two, Tails intelligence and explains why Sonic couldn't do it in first game.

But while I usually pick Japan canon over US, I don't like the idea that Tails spin-offs take place before Sonic 2. Tails was suppose to be this meek kid who learn to be hero from Sonic and even that process will properly end around SA1-2.

17 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Are we sure that isn't just a typo though?