Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

2 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Thats all I wanted. Why was that so hard?

Literally my first and last statements in my first response to you were variations of what do you mean by that. I book-ended my post with that exact question.

I did ask you what you meant by that. I couldn't have been much clearer.

If had said only that, I would have given you a different answer, there was a bunch of other creepier rhetoric before that

That said i'm done, we have gotten to the phase where you try and convert what i'm saying into agreeing with you when it clearly isn't. So uh... yeah i'm done. Believe whatever you want man I don't care.

Just now, Shadowlax said:

If had said only that, I would have given you a different answer, there was a bunch of other creepier rhetoric before that

That said i'm done, we have gotten to the phase where you try and convert what i'm saying into agreeing with you when it clearly isn't. So uh... yeah i'm done. Believe whatever you want man I don't care.

I don't care if you agree with me or not, I just wanted to know how you could justify your original statement. You've since retracted that - so I've got my answer. Nothin' left to discuss here. Everything else doesn't matter.

I feel like Sonic doesn't need romance at at, and even Sonic himself doesn't need to care at all about that. Is unneeded in this series, I think friendship only is something way more in line in what I want from Sonic.

This series doesn't need to overstep into romance due the ages of 90% of the cast and the pressing consequences of the world being on the verge of collapse every other Tuesday. Pairing up isn't ad shouldn't be a priority for these kids. 

That being said, these are characters and I would expect them to act as such. In the same breath as I would state that I wouldn't expect Sonic to slow down and look for a girlfriend - I would also say that I would expect him to ruberneck if he was walking down the street and a pretty girl walked by. He's 15. I'm honestly surprised we don't have a perpetual running gag of him doing that and running into a wall.

8 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

This series doesn't need to overstep into romance due the ages of 90% of the cast and the pressing consequences of the world being on the verge of collapse every other Tuesday. Pairing up isn't ad shouldn't be a priority for these kids. 

That being said, these are characters and I would expect them to act as such. In the same breath as I would state that I wouldn't expect Sonic to slow down and look for a girlfriend - I would also say that I would expect him to ruberneck if he was walking down the street and a pretty girl walked by. He's 15. I'm honestly surprised we don't have a perpetual running gag of him doing that and running into a wall.

Maybe he doesn't have to be interested in girls like that, and that's ok.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Outside of the end of Sa2 there's kinda nothing , to the degree in which Ian Flynn the guy who writes this comic doesn't even support it.

100% agree with Ian

Not every 15 year old boy is crazy for girls (straight or otherwise). It's one thing to say that's what you think Sonic as an individual would do based on different media (even if that argument can be debated too), it's another (really off) thing to say that he should act like that just because of his age

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah. I didn't act like that at that age. I don't even act like that now. I'm not interested in relationships, period. 

There's not a whole lot to read into when it comes to the way Sonic treats the woman of this series. The reason it stands out way more in the Archie comics is because that's clearly the intention. Maybe the games have been subtle with or two things here and there but not enough for it to stand out or be pushed as a serious argument that Sonic's a horn dog. 

I would expect sonic to react in a manner consistent with how he has been conceptualized since his creation reinforced by the fact that he is 15. (i.e. not even remotely close to looking for a relationship)

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

You missed the entire point, still wrong and are being creepier... Good job. You did it.

You know maybe with introspection one could back and suggest how i'm talking about this in weird score keeping fashion, and describing this fiction character as a " horn dog " might be weird and not even intentional by the people who made the character and maybe  you are imparting far more shit onto the character than was intended.

This is ontop of, as I stated before, a bunch of examples you used aren't from games , some relationships and things as mentioned above weren't meant to be interpreted how you are interpreted in that way. Things that lead fucking no where and just strait up just came up with an excuse of them not doing any of that shipping stuff. 

But I mean hey man, if you wanna be creepy about a fictional character's " score " by all means, derive your worth there. I'm gonna bow out of this one, you can die on that creepy hill man

While I kinda agree with their overall point that there's something canon or just media evidence of Sonic being attracted to women I don't really follow the "Horn Dog" thing either. I don't think he's like bedding every girl who crosses his path or anything just that I don't get where this celibate Sonic thing comes from. 

tails would be a fucking creeper, or shadow would be an android. 

Tails would be a creeper...because he crushed on an older girl? Also Shadow isn't an Android in Archie so I have no idea what you're talking about. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

While I kinda agree with their overall point that there's something canon or just media evidence of Sonic being attracted to women I don't really follow the "Horn Dog" thing either. I don't think he's like bedding every girl who crosses his path or anything just that I don't get where this celibate Sonic thing comes from. 

Tails would be a creeper...because he crushed on an older girl? Also Shadow isn't an Android in Archie so I have no idea what you're talking about. 

Tails would be a creeper because he felt like he was obligated to fiona because he liked her and kind of stalked her and harassed her and fought people about a girl who made it clear he wasn't interested in him. Also no one saying anyone is celibate,  but that sonic and a lot of other guy characters don't really show much in way of interest in regards to relationships because they are often busy with action in regards to the main series. And because of that, they might not be that interested in girls they are interested in other stuff. And also, you thinking that the suggestion that sonic characters generally don't seem to care too much about relationships is somehow a vow of celibacy is also a problem? And they could just not be that interested and that's it and ok.

As for the android thing that's a reference to sonic X where its a heavy implication that shadow is an android and eggman could just produce another shadow

6 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Tails would be a creeper because he felt like he was obligated to fiona because he liked her and kind of stalked her and harassed her and fought people about a girl who made it clear he wasn't interested in him.

He fought Sonic because he felt betrayed by his best friend. Everyone only remembers the "Is that why you dated Fiona" line but not his speech after that he doesn't care that she didn't like him or went with Scourge. He was mad that his best friend, his brother, did that to him.

It's one of the only times Tails has ever felt like an actual kid. Sonic wasn't trying to hurt him but from his point of view someone he really looked up too hurt him deeply. 

I have...controversial opinions on House of Cards. Mostly that I actually like it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

He fought Sonic because he felt betrayed by his best friend. Everyone only remembers the "Is that why you dated Fiona" line but not his speech after that he doesn't care that she didn't like him or went with Scourge. He was mad that his best friend, his brother, did that to him.

It's one of the only times Tails has ever felt like an actual kid. Sonic wasn't trying to hurt him but from his point of view someone he really looked up too hurt him deeply. 

I have...controversial opinions on House of Cards. Mostly that I actually like it. 

There's also the fact that his parents were rebelling against the Kingdom structure at the time and Sonic said that Tails would just understand keeping his old man and possibly his mom locked up.

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

but that sonic and a lot of other guy characters don't really show much in way of interest in regards to relationships because they are often busy with action in regards to the main series. And because of that, they might not be that interested in girls they are interested in other stuff.

This kinda unfair to female characters , loving guys that would never love them back . If the shipping will stay one-sided  , then I would rather not include any romance  at all .

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, kimplix said:

Previews time for issue 13

Hide contents

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Hey look, it's Lanolin and that coyote from the promo comics!

Actually, it's "This REALLY sounds like Eggman."

Also, the last two pages kinda feel like an attempted Saving Throw and/or fourth wall lean.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Riggo said:
  Hide contents

Kinda funny that we’ve got two Windmill Villages now.

I think it's technically called Windmill Isle.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I think it's technically called Windmill Isle.

I was referring to the one in Rush Adventure on Southern Island, but Apotos was the first thing to come to mind.

1 minute ago, Riggo said:

I was referring to the one in Rush Adventure on Southern Island, but Apotos was the first thing to come to mind.

Oh, okay. 

...Wait, Southern Island?

25 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Hey look, it's Lanolin and that coyote from the promo comics!

I'll take this time to point out how much I love it when they utilize background characters like this. Its like Lanolin is going to have her own little piecemeal backstory in a few years. Its cute.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

I like the idea of the "Resistance" changing to the "Restoration" as they try to restore the damage done from the war...or the protect the world from the incoming outbreak.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, kimplix said:

Previews time for issue 13

Reveal hidden contents

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Who does the art for this issue? I think this is Jack Lawrence's first issue but I don't remember.