Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Evidence is really seeming to pile up. I'm maybe calling it too early but This seems pretty Sonicy right? Flynn and Thomas are working together on a mystery project that isn't Drogune. I'm just saying.

Side not 4 Comic Companies? I know Archie, IDW and Space Goat but I can't wait to find out what that fourth one is.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

Best not to get your hopes up for this.

If it turns out true, it'll be a pleasant surprise. But if it's false, it'll hurt a lot less.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 2

I'm starting to grow  antsier and antsier by every passing week. <_<

Mr. Flynn got triggered. I dunno whether or not I should consider that as a "negative" remark or not...

• Nice Smile 1

16 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I'm starting to grow  antsier and antsier by every passing week. <_<

Mr. Flynn got triggered. I dunno whether or not I should consider that as a "negative" remark or not...

"Triggered" here meaning telling someone that he can and does work for more than one company?

• Thumbs Up 1

Perish the thought that he'd correct such confidently-delivered misinformation directly so as to make sure it didn't get out of hand.

I think we're all too busy making fun of Tumblr for trivialising the term 'trigger' that we ignore how they actually trivialise it and actually why their trivialisation is bad.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

"Triggered" here meaning telling someone that he can and does work for more than one company?

Well, "triggered" in the context of him being kind of laid back in usual as far as I can tell. Maybe he was so blunt because it was annoying or something. I dunno, I don't have any means to ask about it. -_-

Well, this isn't "TRIGGERED", more like just blunt. But he was triggered becoming blunt so well...

10 hours ago, zephyrzaivian said:

Looks like we'll be finding out soon.

Heck yeah! I've been waiting for this! Hope it's something really interesting! But nah, how could I grow tired on that #KnowingSmile, I read freaking One Piece, every volume I read pretty much leaves me with more questions than it answered. Or gives answers to questions I didn't even ask when it comes to the SBS corner... :D

... it just came to me, even when Mr. Flynn's pretty openly telling it in every place, the fact he's a freelancer and not really an employee to be precise, some people don't seem to get it and think he's tied into one company at a time. It kind of baffles me actually, am I the crazy stalker one of the Internet? Please tell me that isn't the case, I've never got any implications over some guy on the internet wearing some particular colour or anything after all...

Well, isn't NYCC(?) around the corner? I suppose it fits the timescale (isn't it held before episode 54 should come out by routine).

1 hour ago, BlueSky said:

Well, isn't NYCC(?) around the corner? I suppose it fits the timescale (isn't it held before episode 54 should come out by routine).

The moment i saw the tweet i went back to review the bumblekast upload schedule, and yes, October 8th is between the release of episode 53 and 54

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, NikoS said:

The moment i saw the tweet i went back to review the bumblekast upload schedule, and yes, October 8th is between the release of episode 53 and 54

Well, it seems I haven't got too demented after all, I was playing by ear when recalling the dates after all. ^_^ Chances are it could be something about Sonic, but all we know it could be something else entirely.

I hope Mr. Flynn will be able to take part in making Sonic stories again at some point but then again, I also hoped for getting those unpublished issues in my hands when the official cancellation word wasn't still out. Go figure.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

NYCC begins a week from tomorrow, btw.

By any chance do we know which day of the convention the announcement will be coming?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, somebody should really make a timer at some point if possible. We're fans after all, doesn't that mean we're allowed to be that kind of fanatics? :D

Not the other kind of fanatics mind you.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

NYCC begins a week from tomorrow, btw.

By any chance do we know which day of the convention the announcement will be coming?

I think it's Sunday? I'm not entirely sure.

• Nice Smile 2

On 9/15/2017 at 1:45 PM, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

How about the games answer their own damn questions as oppose to relying on a more niche medium to do it for them, like they should have done in the first place?

Why a more interactive and immersive media like video games would need the comics to provide answers that it can do much better on its own is something that makes absolutely no sense by comparison.

A lot of people thumbs up your comment, but you guys probably didn't understand mine. People seemed to not care for story, but for gameplay. The story would work around. I never intended on saying that games answering no questions,  or not give any details. Just more intermediate stiff, as well as build up. I'm sure you can even add story in between game arcs, that could lead into one another. Maybe add another villain. Who could be Anthro, but also would love another human villain, so who amps himself with robotics,  or have special ability himself. I'm sure Eggman isn't only human with ambition. ?

Besides, I rather Sonic get CHALLENGED once in the while... Maybe have a badass fight scene.

How about the games answer their own damn questions as oppose to relying on a more niche medium to do it for them, like they should have done in the first place?

Why a more interactive and immersive media like video games would need the comics to provide answers that it can do much better on its own is something that makes absolutely no sense by comparison.

A lot of people thumbs up your comment, but you guys probably didn't understand mine. People seemed to not care for story, but for gameplay. The story would work around. I never intended on saying that games answering no questions,  or not give any details. Just more intermediate stiff, as well as build up. I'm sure you can even add story in between game arcs, that could lead into one another. Maybe add another villain. Who could be Anthro, but also would love another human villain, so who amps himself with robotics,  or have special ability himself. I'm sure Eggman isn't only human with ambition. ?

Besides, I rather Sonic get CHALLENGED once in the while... Maybe have a badass fight scene.

A lot of people thumbs up your comment, but you guys probably didn't understand mine. People seemed to not care for story in the games, but merely for the gameplay. The story would work around that, as basic premise and details should suffice. I never intended on saying that the games didn't need to answer questions,  nor not give aintermediateThe comic could provide more intermediate stuff, and build up between arcs. I'm sure you can even add original story in between games arc, that could lead into games and have tie-ins. Maybe add another villain, who could be Anthro, but I also would love another human villain, so who amps himself with robotics,  or have special ability himself. I'm sure Eggman isn't only human with ambition. ?

Besides, I rather Sonic get CHALLENGED for once, maybe even have a badass fight scene,  with great choreography. Putting that speed into use.

Edited by havikinazuma
Double post + fixed grammar