Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

23 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Big and Cream most likely. However I wonder what would happen to Omega with the current storyline.

Omega is on vacation, like shadow in forces.

23 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Big and Cream most likely. However I wonder what would happen to Omega with the current storyline.

Since there are once again original E-Series robots running around, I think it'd be neat if Omega took up Gamma's pre-SGW quest of hunting down and destroying every last one. (Though he'd have much more selfish motives than Gamma)

I also think it'd be funny if Big unknowingly got this new Robotomy virus and immediately converted because he's so laid back. 

• Fist Bump 2

Robotomy is mentionned in this Eggman Empire propaganda from Sonic Forces. But I think it only refers to putting the small anmials into robots, not mutating them into robots:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Bumblekast update:

-There will be some more modern game characters.

Cream and Big yeahh

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think that the "robotomy" actually refer to anything in particular, and that it was just a joke about an over-the-top dystopian proposition and just a joke with Lobotomy (which isn't quite scientifically exact as in Lobotomy, tomy mean "the removal of". But I don't think that was meant to be scientifically correct).

But the name is still better for me that roboticization, as at least it's easy to write. So I still hope for this name to be reused xD Or any name that is simpler.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Some more modern characters"...

The only characters left are Big, Cream, and E-123 Omega.

No other characters have ever existed, except for the ones that did.

That second cover looks neat.

8 minutes ago, kimplix said:

I'm not sure if that's suppose to be intentional, most likely not, but it looks like Rough is doing the haughty laugh that stuck-up anime girls do.

The idea of that is hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Bumblekast update:

Who's left? Big, Omega and Cream are the only one's who come to mind.

Also those covers are awesome. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So listening to the Megaman X episode of Bumblekast, Mr. Flynn mentioned knowing about a certain element of Sonic Team Racing that he was curious about the exact details of and was eager to play with once it got out. What do you think this was?

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Bumblekast update:

57 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

"Some more modern characters"...

The only characters left are Big, Cream, and E-123 Omega.

No other characters have ever existed, except for the ones that did.

Aren't they technically Dreamcast?

53 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Oh boy, the Deadly Six will debut and no one else!

Yeah, I was about to say! :joy:

32 minutes ago, kimplix said:

Again, I'm all in for the three covers. Almost had accuracy of cover A from looks of it

FB_IMG_1549318179144.thumb.jpg.cbb46f5c33b4f0cd6cfb0dbfc356928e.jpg

FB_IMG_1549318181434.thumb.jpg.02d60f494ba4aa926914d94cba293748.jpg

FB_IMG_1549318183578.thumb.jpg.59f1140524657657476c9f8a66a5bbf9.jpg

The third one is kinda cool.

29 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I love the second cover!! Looks like the mandates are not that severe after all.

What mandate?

56 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Who's left? Big, Omega and Cream are the only one's who come to mind.

Chaos and Tikal, Chaos Gamma if Ian wants to go that far (he said he had an idea for him post-reboot I believe), Big and Froggy, Cream, Cheese, and Vanilla and Chacola, Omega, Gemerl, Nega (if he's not off limits still), Babylon Rogues, Marine, maybe Whisker and Johnny, Pickle possibly (the human world as a whole is possible, so who knows), Deadly Six, and maybe Sticks.

Obviously there are more modern characters like Void or Erazor or Merlina or something, but the ones above are the ones that either are still relevant or were allowed in Archie either pre or post reboot. It's not a ton or anything, but still a number of options for Ian to pull out if he and IDW want (if Sega okays it of course).

15 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

Chaos and Tikal, Chaos Gamma if Ian wants to go that far (he said he had an idea for him post-reboot I believe), Big and Froggy, Cream, Cheese, and Vanilla and Chacola, Omega, Gemerl, Nega (if he's not off limits still), Babylon Rogues, Marine, maybe Whisker and Johnny, 

I guess but Marine and Whisker and Johnny feel like long shots. Sega don't seem too interested in using them.

23 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

Chaos Gamma if Ian wants to go that far (he said he had an idea for him post-reboot I believe),

Really now? That's...neat.

23 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

Marine, maybe Whisker and Johnny, Pickle possibly (the human world as a whole is possible, so who knows), 

Don't forget the Coconut Crew, Mini&Mum, Wentos, and that reporter with the hips.

5 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Not of everything. Now being useless is its own problem, but it's pretty much this:

In Rush She's stoic and reserved because she's shy and a bit tsundere...

In Nex Gen She's stoic and reserved...because she's the mature one.

I personally find the latter the more boring of the 2 especially when done badly. Usually I'm all for "potentially this could've been 1000%", but it came at the cost of changing an existing character.

I can understand why you would prefer one over the other but since the tsundere trait implies she is typically loving of someone/something and just doesn't want anyone to know that or admit herself I'm afraid that I didn't get that from her when I watched Rush and rush adventure. I always felt it was her being socially maladjusted had to with her response to her own powers and the responsibilities set upon her. There was definitely nothing tsundere about her to me.

5 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

It's not that Blaze is a worse character when with Silver, but she's extremely bland in 06 due to none of her prior story being referenced.

She just...exists. Nothing that people liked about her was present and it came off as Sega not really having any type of communication on who she was.

Rush and 06 were a year apart, but I suspect the developers wanted Silver to bounce off someone but rather than make another new character, they just used Blaze. But either because nobody was a aware of Rush or they just didn't give a shit, they never bothered trying to make her fit naturally.

And as a result, they ruined one of the few characters that actually liked.

As I was aware of her being a princess from another dimension I had wondered why it was never mentioned while I was playing up to the very end when I just headcannoned that she ended up in her own world at that point. Regardless though it didn't ruin the experience for me as 06 was my introduction to her so I had nothing to compare her to to ever feel like she was ruined. In my case it just comes across as a we prefer where we were introduced to her first scenario.

4 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Bumblekast update:

That was kind of expected, but it's always been more a question of when we would see them which doesn't seem to be clarified by this statement.

1 hour ago, kimplix said:

Again, I'm all in for the three covers. Almost had accuracy of cover A from looks of it

I like the second and third covers here a lot more than the first where Sonic and Amy's eyes just seem off to me.

40 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

...I'm afraid that I didn't get that from her when I watched...Rush adventure.

I would hope that you didn't get that from Rush Adventure. Since Marine generated genuine annoyance from Blaze and there's no actual read otherwise.

Totally radical, dude.

2 hours ago, kimplix said:

Looks like Sonic got possessed by something and Amy is going to be the first one to see it now I would say that this could be marvelous but it has Ian Flynn writing it and I don't like how he writes. 

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

I guess but Marine and Whisker and Johnny feel like long shots. Sega don't seem too interested in using them.

I wouldn't scratch off Marine yet seeing how she showed up for those comic strips from Sonic Channel some time ago. The other two, Whisker and Johnny, maybe, which at least in the case of Johnny would be a shame since I really like his design. But yeah... Probably gonna be the D6, or at least their leader since he was featured in Forces and shoehorned for the new racing game as part of team Eggy.

Anyway, I really like the last two covers for issue #15. The second because it portrays in a single image what the plot is about, as well as the use of black that really sets the atmosphere. The third, because badass Amy about to rescue a not so amused Sonic, and also Rough apparently doing the Noblewoman's laugh. The first one just looks off with how Amy was drawn.

How about Infinite? Highly unlikely, but I'd love to see Ian Flynn's take on him, because either he would find a way to make him an actual credible threat and menace... or would lean into the jokes about everyone taking the utter piss out of him and make him an amusing joke. Either way would be interesting.

5 hours ago, kimplix said:

Is he doing the fucking Ojou-sama laugh?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, silvereye27 said:

How about Infinite? Highly unlikely, but I'd love to see Ian Flynn's take on him, because either he would find a way to make him an actual credible threat and menace... or would lean into the jokes about everyone taking the utter piss out of him and make him an amusing joke. Either way would be interesting.

I would agree with you, but according to his last Bumblekast, Infinite is off-limits for no bullshit reason.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I would agree with you, but according to his last Bumblekast, Infinite is off-limits for no bullshit reason.

I sortof guessed that would be the case, Forces is the last mainstream game. Considering it's mediocre reception, it wouldn't surprise me if Infinite is shoved under the rug along with Mephilis and Black Doom, which is a shame since I think in a better written game or comic, I think Infinite could work.

• Thumbs Up 1