Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

Did this bear robot appear in any game?

That's Snowy from Sonic 4: Episode 2. He appears in the White Park Zone.

• Thumbs Up 2

So this is Yardley? Woah, dude got better again at his art. Nice!

I like how Silver is written in the comics, and there is no drama between him and Sonic here.

But yeah, we go back to the formula of Sonic + 1 ally, kinda boring and repetitive, that's the downside, but at least there are plenty of villains and they are not fighting just badniks in this arc. Things should get more interesting soon as Sonic will get infected...

By the way, this is the second time we hear of a sudden anonymous tip, kind of suspicious huh???

Ok I like Silver but seeing him tossed by Metal made me laugh I gotta admit. 

Also love the art and especially the coloring. The new guy I'd really good and gives me a bit of a Steve Downer vibe and I always dug his colors.

47 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Ok I like Silver but seeing him tossed by Metal made me laugh I gotta admit. 

Probably because it was the very next thing Metal did.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, caitash said:

Getting a serious Gurren Lagann vibe from that particular version of #15’s cover

Your Piko hammer is the hammer that will smash the heavens!

Metal made the calculating decision of picking off Silver first because he knows Silver's powers are more cumbersome; that, and he just wanted to deal with Sonic one-on-one.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I hope Silver isn't gone for the whole issue after that

Admit it, it would be hilarious.

I doubt he's gone, lol, I think he's supposed to be heavily involved in this season, more than the first, since this metal virus thing is what caused his future and possibly Dr. Starline comes from the future (just speculation). So yep, it seems quite interesting.

I wonder who Sonic's first battle will be with in his metal state.

Will Metal Sonic feel the need to prove his worth by developing feelings of jealousy and resentment as a truly metal Sonic becomes Eggman's most successful accomplice? Thus, it turns on Eggman and actually does join Sonic's friends? 

Or will they still have Sonic be Sonic even in his metallic form? And it's actually hin turning on Amy that has him fight back against it?

1 hour ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

I wonder who Sonic's first battle will be with in his metal state.

Will Metal Sonic feel the need to prove his worth by developing feelings of jealousy and resentment as a truly metal Sonic becomes Eggman's most successful accomplice? Thus, it turns on Eggman and actually does join Sonic's friends? 

Or will they still have Sonic be Sonic even in his metallic form? And it's actually hin turning on Amy that has him fight back against it?

It's too soon in issue 15, Sonic will likely keep running to prevent the virus from taking over, so I predict that it will take a while, but in the final arc of the season, maybe he will be "Mecha" Sonic? I always loved that arc, plus Ian did his take on it in Worlds Unite, but I'd still like it to be explored again, even if it feels like a reused plotline.

6 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Admit it, it would be hilarious.

I mean it would , more so because i'm not fond of him. But it isn't about me, some silver fan would be kinda upset if he just vanished. 

It's a small thing but I'll be really happy if Metal is a regular feature in this book. I know that was kind of the case in Archie too, especially compared to the games, but that's my actual point. It sucks a character like this is barely used at all in the main series (even recently, in an era where they mostly feature the Classic Characters™ he's only shown up in time-displaced or illusion form, Sonic freaking 4 of all things aside).

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Celestia said:

It's a small thing but I'll be really happy if Metal is a regular feature in this book. I know that was kind of the case in Archie too, especially compared to the games, but that's my actual point. It sucks a character like this is barely used at all in the main series (even recently, in an era where they mostly feature the Classic Characters™ he's only shown up in time-displaced or illusion form, Sonic freaking 4 of all things aside).

Is Metal really even much of a character though?

(Which only goes to prove your point)

Yes, he is, I really love him, even more than Neo Metal Sonic. Which I actually hated before Ian made him a cool villain here.

He deserves a better treatment than in the games and even Archie where he was basically a punchbag.

Though I don't think anyone is a regular in this book besides Sonic, although Ian said that he plus Tails, Knuckles and Amy are the main ones, only Sonic appears in all the issues. But still, Metal should appear frequently.

7 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Yes, he is, I really love him, even more than Neo Metal Sonic. Which I actually hated before Ian made him a cool villain here.

He deserves a better treatment than in the games and even Archie where he was basically a punchbag.

Though I don't think anyone is a regular in this book besides Sonic, although Ian said that he plus Tails, Knuckles and Amy are the main ones, only Sonic appears in all the issues. But still, Metal should appear frequently.

when he say this

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

when he say this

Bumblekast. When he said Cream is not important enough to appear immediately in the comic.

Anyway, I hope when they meet Eggman, he's gonna tell that it was Metal who triggered his memories back! So it was all Sonic's fault for letting him go, this caused the return of Eggman and the virus, so it was a mistake and Sonic needs to admit this, it's a pretty great plot point to use.

New solicitations for May, no covers yet:

Sonic the Hedgehog #17— Cover A: Jack Lawrence, Cover B: Jamal Peppers

Ian Flynn (w) • Tracy Yardley (a) • Jack Lawrence (c)

"Plague!" As the infection spreads across a helpless city, the Chaotix Detective Agency stands alone against the horde. Will even the world's fastest hedgehog be quick enough to provide back-up, or will the city fall?

Sonic the Hedgehog Volume 3: Battle for Angel Island 

Ian Flynn (w) • Tracy Yardley, Evan Stanley (a) • Nathalie Fourdraine (c)

A powerful new foe has set his sights on Angel Island, and Sonic and his friends must defend it at all costs! When Neo Metal Sonic–an evil robot with Sonic's speed, Dr. Eggman's intellect, and an unbreakable mechanical body–conquers the island to grow his power even more, Sonic and his friends must team up and take the fight to him. But even with the full power of the Resistance behind him, will Sonic be able to take down Neo Metal Sonic once and for all? Collects Sonic the Hedgehog issues #9–12.

TPB • FC • $15.99 • 96 pages • ISBN: 978-1-68405-498-5

Bullet points: 
• Advance solicited for July!

Also, they're reprinting the TSR one-shot closer to game release:

Team Sonic Racing Plus Deluxe Turbo Championship Edition one-shot

Caleb Goellner (w) • Adam Bryce Thomas (a) • Sega (c)

When the evil Dr. Eggman invites himself to Dodon Pa's tournament, it's up to Sonic and his friends to race into action—again! Re-presenting the hit one-shot Team Sonic Racing, the Plus Deluxe Turbo Championship Edition is so jam-packed with goodies, we had to give it a name worthy of its extras! Reprints Team Sonic Racing plus a new guide to the Wisp power-ups, a glossary of Team Moves, a gallery of in-game tracks, and commentary by writer Caleb Goellner!

FC • 48 pages • $5.99

Bullet points:
• Releasing just in time for the launch of the exciting new game, Team Sonic Racing!
• The ultimate collector's edition for fans of Sonic games and comics!

• Thumbs Up 4

51 minutes ago, 8-Bit Blast CC14 said:

Team Sonic Racing Plus Deluxe Turbo Championship Edition one-shot

Caleb Goellner (w) • Adam Bryce Thomas (a) • Sega (c)

When the evil Dr. Eggman invites himself to Dodon Pa's tournament, it's up to Sonic and his friends to race into action—again! Re-presenting the hit one-shot Team Sonic Racing, the Plus Deluxe Turbo Championship Edition is so jam-packed with goodies, we had to give it a name worthy of its extras! Reprints Team Sonic Racing plus a new guide to the Wisp power-ups, a glossary of Team Moves, a gallery of in-game tracks, and commentary by writer Caleb Goellner!

FC • 48 pages • $5.99

Bullet points:
• Releasing just in time for the launch of the exciting new game, Team Sonic Racing!
• The ultimate collector's edition for fans of Sonic games and comics!

Wait does this mean theres ANOTHER story for TSR? Or is it a reprint???

35 minutes ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Wait does this mean theres ANOTHER story for TSR? Or is it a reprint???

Read the solicit. 

"Reprints Team Sonic Racing plus a new guide to the Wisp power-ups, a glossary of Team Moves, a gallery of in-game tracks, and commentary by writer Caleb Goellner!"