Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Interesting that the reprint is cheaper than the original release. Guessing they're not doing one of their premium sorts of deals but this doesn't seem like it's worth the six bucks despite the additional content to me.

2 hours ago, 8-Bit Blast CC14 said:

New solicitations for May, no covers yet:

Sonic the Hedgehog #17— Cover A: Jack Lawrence, Cover B: Jamal Peppers

Ian Flynn (w) • Tracy Yardley (a) • Jack Lawrence (c)

"Plague!" As the infection spreads across a helpless city, the Chaotix Detective Agency stands alone against the horde. Will even the world's fastest hedgehog be quick enough to provide back-up, or will the city fall?

They're already dead, aren't they? Would be interesting if they end up falling to the virus.

IDW does things like this from time to time. Directors Cut's and stuff like that. It might be cool for the commentary and the Screen shot's but the story itself is what you already got. But at least this time it's actually close to the release of the game.

As for the main issue I'm so glad the Metal Virus story isn't ending in #16. The days of arcs being only 4 issues appears to be over.

So.. thoughts on issue 17's cover?

D0ByeRlW0AE4r2-.jpg

Also, looks like we're getting a reprint of the TSR's one-shot, but with some extra stuff included

D0BwXYWXcAA0msq.png.eb554c3d87da601c333bf36ad0fd4594.png

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

IDW does things like this from time to time. Directors Cut's and stuff like that. It might be cool for the commentary and the Screen shot's but the story itself is what you already got. But at least this time it's actually close to the release of the game.

As for the main issue I'm so glad the Metal Virus story isn't ending in #16. The days of arcs being only 4 issues appears to be over.

IDW is doing seasonal arcs, with 12 issues. I think some things will last a couple of issues, like shorter arcs, and big plot points with last the Whole season. This way it's not just 4 short issues stories or big long arcs that last for freaking 3 years and drag until they become boring. My complaint is not even the Mecha Sally arc which was at least entertaining, but the Shattered World Crisis that had me bored and I felt trapped in the arc for too long (although it had some interesting things inside like Champions).

Anyway the new cover is… passable. I didn't think the Chaotix would show up in Season 2 though! I was expecting Cream, Big and some robots instead. But whose are those hands?

1 hour ago, kimplix said:

D0ByeRlW0AE4r2-.jpg

Also, looks like we're getting a reprint of the TSR's one-shot, but with some extra stuff included

Woah, what's up with the coloring there?

Looks like it was done in marker.

Just now, DabigRG said:

Woah, what's up with the coloring there?

Looks like it was done in marker.

that's...not how markers work..

It seems to be very very flat lowcoloring, but the artist should have either use darker/lighter colors in the background to make team chaotic stand out more. Now there all blending in with the background. Make the hands full black.

2 minutes ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

that's...not how markers work..

It seems to be very very flat lowcoloring, but the artist should have either use darker/lighter colors in the background to make team chaotic stand out more. Now there all blending in with the background. Make the hands full black.

I know, it's just the easiest comparison I could make.

Are they also turning into mutated Knuckles-hybrids or what?

Honestly I think it looks fine but Jamal really needs to stop coloring his own work. He's great at lineart (somesay he's stiff but I like his art) but the coloring is really bland.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know who would fit this particular storyline? Someone who predicted the robot-zombie apocalypse all along, somebody who trained to survive in this specific scenario. I hope this character isn't off-limits too...

18 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

You know who would fit this particular storyline? Someone who predicted the robot-zombie apocalypse all along, somebody who trained to survive in this specific scenario. I hope this character isn't off-limits too...

That sounds like a Sticks. Ian said that she's not off-limits, due to being created by Sonic Team herself. However, he did say that he might have to redesign her to fit more in the canon universe (less lanky, gloves, etc.)

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, kimplix said:

D0ByeRlW0AE4r2-.jpg

Everyone has Knuckles hands!

INB4 Pen Kenders. : P

3 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

..Ronaldo?

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

That sounds like a Sticks. Ian said that she's not off-limits, due to being created by Sonic Team herself. However, he did say that he might have to redesign her to fit more in the canon universe (less lanky, gloves, etc.)

Aw, so it is confirmed now.

1 hour ago, Skull Leader said:

Everyone has Knuckles hands!

INB4 Pen Kenders. : P

Yeah, that was my first thought honestly.

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

They're okay with Ian creating a SEGAverse Sticks before them?

13 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Bumblekast. When he said Cream is not important enough to appear immediately in the comic.

Anyway, I hope when they meet Eggman, he's gonna tell that it was Metal who triggered his memories back! So it was all Sonic's fault for letting him go, this caused the return of Eggman and the virus, so it was a mistake and Sonic needs to admit this, it's a pretty great plot point to use.

Hopeful me: Shadow kinda tells sonic about himself and sonic has to admit he fucked up but is still firm in his beliefs but from now on actually sometimes ha to  think about how what he's doing and how that might effect people sometime instead of just following his rainbow. No snarky come backs, no appeals, he gets told about himself, is wrong learns from it grows as a person. Also maybe a scene where shadow is genuinely mad at rouge because her actions of going behind his back is actually partially responsible for this. And some animosity builds there I dunno 

Cynical me and what I expect to happen: It will not be acknowledged, or it will be barely acknowledged and then quickly move past because status quo

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Razule said:

They're okay with Ian creating a SEGAverse Sticks before them?

Who knows? Maybe SEGA will personally design Sticks for Ian to use, or they could keep Sticks how she already is.