Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

Looks like Tyson Hesse will be an artist for the book

Nice one, IDW, nice.  Plus, that art is kick ass.  Now, just get Skelly, Yardley and Spaz on board this ship and I am ready to sail.

• Thumbs Up 5

I want to see some of those expressions the characters in Mega-Drive had on the more Modern versions of the Sonic cast. 

Oh this is going to be such a treat. 

Archie, I'm sorry (not really, you're a bit of a dick) but I'm afraid this divorce is final. I'll be taking that ring back now. It was quite expensive.

• Promotion 1

51 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

I still want to know if IDW ships in my country...

even if it don't, there is always the digital option, it's not as cool as getting the physical issues, but it works (i did it this way, and bought the physical GN's through amazon whenever possible)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NikoS said:

even if it don't, there is always the digital option, it's not as cool as getting the physical issues, but it works (i did it this way, and bought the physical GN's through amazon whenever possible)

I will buy them digitally if there is no other option, but I prefer the printed ones for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Glad to see Hesse is back. I'd love to see some of the other artists and of course Flynn's writing, but I won't miss Terry Austin or Gabriel Cassata if they don't make the cut.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tyson Hesse is back, that's cool! His designs look like a combination of the characters' Classic and Modern incarnations.

Also, about the SatAM characters... I actually hope they don't return. I don't think they fit well with the SEGA cast of Sonic characters in terms of personality and design, but that's just me. Besides the SEGA characters, my favorite character from Freedom Fighters would have to be Nicole, but we can't have her without Sally so eh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hesse being back was a given considering he's leagues above anyone else in Archie Sonic in notoriety. You don't just ignore the artist you hired on purpose to animate for your new game.

Anyone else being back, I'll set myself up for disappointment already and guess a decent amount. Nothing much against the likes of Ian or ABT, but in Ian's case in particular, he's been here for 11 years, I crave some new blood on this. If he does return, which I expect he will, I really hope he doesn't end up writing the majority of it again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ohhh, I love that art!

I wonder if Hesse will be the main artist or if they'll rotate between a few ala Archie.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Heese is back that's a neat start!

And that cover art looks really nice, Sonic looks like a mix of his classic and Modern self somehow.

17 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"Continue the legacy of the fastest comics around". Alright, it's becoming exceedingly clear they're still referring to the Archie legacy in terms of saying it's continuing that legacy (since Archie comics are at around 25 years of publishing before the cancellation). Makes me wonder if this means even if the timeline is reset, comic characters are on the table, considering they mention new and old characters (Old likely meaning Ray, Mighty, Nack, (Hopefully the FF) etc).

My guess is it'll be a broad sort of continuation. Like maybe the FF are there and Unleashed happened as the Shattered World Crisis but stuff like The Genesis Wave and Portals didn't happen.

Just a guess I could be completely off.

Also are IDW issues the same length as Archie issues?

IDW is the industry standard 20 Pages. They do release 40 page specials and double length issues every now and then though.

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

IDW is the industry standard 20 Pages. They do release 40 page specials and double length issues every now and then though.

I haven't got that many IDW comics, but I recall the first issue of their Mickey Mouse comic being over 40 pages. Was that a one-off, or a standard for that series only?

4 hours ago, Eerie-Ernest-Panda said:

I haven't got that many IDW comics, but I recall the first issue of their Mickey Mouse comic being over 40 pages. Was that a one-off, or a standard for that series only?

I'm not really sure on the Disney stuff TBH.

5 hours ago, Eerie-Ernest-Panda said:

Some of those might be specials. They also usually charge more for them, typically. It probably depends on the stories they're printing since almost all of them are imports/translations from other countries that might have been presented in a way that don't fit the standard format.

On 10/5/2017 at 10:48 PM, Straw Hat said:

Tyson Hesse's Modern Sonic is probably my favorite style he's been drawn in.

DHtf5hiUMAACLEE-1.png

Where's this from?

Just now, Zippo said:

Where's this from?

From his twitter, he posted it a couple months or so back.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Celestia said:

From his twitter, he posted it a couple months or so back.

Sick! If he's going with this style for the comics I am all in.

Eh, I'm not really a fan of that modern Sonic. Just doesn't look right to me. 

Good thing he's a jack of many trades and can potentially do a modern Sonic I really like. 

latest?cb=20151020175020

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

17 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

The 8th, from 12:45 to 1:45.

So... I'd need to stick awake for the night to catch the news fresh.

Not gonna happen that likely but well... -_-

On ‎5‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 11:50 PM, NikoS said:

Or one can try and find a comic shop that uses Diamond for getting their US comics, I'm pretty certain they do the distriburion for IDW as well or am I mistaken again?

Oh well, soon we'll see if I'm interested in Sonic anymore...

• Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, BlueSky said:

So... I'd need to stick awake for the night to catch the news fresh.

Not gonna happen that likely but well... -_-

It's Noon right? So it's PM not AM.

• Nice Smile 1