Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

33 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I love eggman saying he needs to beat sonic and that honestly if he wanted to eggman could literally kill sonic any day he wanted to. But he wants to show him hes better first

It's cute he thinks that. XD

27 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

It's cute he thinks that. XD

Not really.

He could legit just like take sonic by surprise and like fire a deadly lazer at him while he's not noticing and turn him to ash or something. A bunch of characters could just off sonic if they wanted , most of them are friendly or at least content with his existence and eggman wants to clown on him. I mean he kept him alive during that 6months in forces , he could have killed him, he didn't. Its about more than that with him

You have to remember eggman has multiple egg fleets, bases, canons in space. Eggman for all purposes could literally as he stated carpet bomb sonic if he wanted. And even if sonic escaped most the blast his friends would most likely not be able to.

17 hours ago, Adamis said:

Dude, I love the Archie FF. Antoine is one of my favorite Sonic character from any continuity.

But I also know he had his time, and new characters deserve their time too.

So what you want to bury the past?

Anything old needs to stay dead?

I think you give up too easy.

I will never forget them and i will never bury them.

Not in a million years.

I will take the Rick Astley approach, but no worries no rickroll here.

I am however dedicated, but hey you want a shovel I wont lend you one, plenty at home depo :D

11 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Not in a million years.

As a wise, epectation subverting man once wrote: Let the past die, kill it if you have to

I feel Eggman's attitude in the latest issue is another prime example of the most important aspect of his character: His enormous ego has always been his biggest undoing. Just about every incarnation, no matter how goofy or terrifying, has gotten at least one opportunity to easily bump off Sonic, but chose not to because it "wouldn't be fun".

SatAM: Letting Sonic into the Doomsday base so he could see it for himself.

AoStH: Openly admitting he'd rather keep Sonic in a dungeon to taunt him for the rest of his life.

OVA: Could've turned the fake generator into an actual bomb and remotely detonate it when Sonic got in range, but he chose to just bluff so he could complete Metal Sonic, who'd theoretically beat Sonic at his own game.

Pre-reboot Archie: Revealed around issue 175 that he'd been toying with the Freedom Fighters all along for his amusement.

Fleetway: Literally became a reality-warping god at one point, but chose to use his powers solely to mess with Sonic, until he goaded Robotnik into restoring Knuckles as his ally, which proved to be his undoing.

X and Boom: Didn't really want to kill Sonic, but would occasionally try it for opportunity's sake.

Eggman is a legitimate threat, more than capable of conquering the world if he dealt with his enemies practically. But as Amy once told him in StC: "Sonic's not your worst enemy. YOU are!" 

But between this and his hilariously-sadistic experiments with the animals, I think IDW's Eggman is gonna be a fine balance of endearing and formidable.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:36 PM, SBR2 said:

Wow that is an overreaction. You can like Pre-Reboot Archie dude. Hell I don't even hate a lot of Pre-Reboot Archie I just don't see it as the kind of thing I immediately think of when I think of Sonic.

Unfortunately, it doesn't come across like it,since you constantly need to bring up the Pre-Reboot to justify how better IDW is to you.

It's better taking risks and fail that not trying at all just because one is afraid of making mistakes

9 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

Not in a million years.

I am however dedicated, but hey you want a shovel I wont lend you one, plenty at home depo :D

I personally think there is a place for them in the classic franchise, they would have to be rebooted yet again but still, I really don't see them for modern Sonic. So no, I really don't want them here, this book is nothing like Archie, it's a fresh new start and should continue to be like that, it couldn't possibly be more different.

*IF* a classic cartoon happens, I could see the Freedom Fighters in that, maybe...

And it's not like all things from the past have to die, it's just that IMO the Freedom Fighters are not relevant anymore, AND they've had a good life, surely they can't live forever. I know Sonic can't live forever either. 

I really want to end this FF debate because I don't see how it fits into IDW. Let's talk about what is actually in this comic. Let's speculate about Tangle and Whisper for example.

Plus I loved that Luke quote, but I don't think it fits here entirely, I don't want ALL of the past to die...

2 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

I personally think there is a place for them in the classic franchise, they would have to be rebooted yet again but still, I really don't see them for modern Sonic.

*IF* a classic cartoon happens, I could see the Freedom Fighters in that, maybe...

I really want to end this FF debate because I don't see how it fits into IDW. Let's talk about what is actually in this comic. Let's speculate about  Whisper for example.

That seems somewhat fair.

6 minutes ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Starline is gay for Eggman.

Nothing else to add; it just is.

I would actually love to see a gay relationship in a mainstream Sonic story, if a Sonic comic writer commits to it then mad props here (and yes that goes for Ian as well)

Sure its for a villain but hey I am all for gay villains if done properly.

14 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

I would actually love to see a gay relationship in a mainstream Sonic story, if a Sonic comic writer commits to it then mad props here (and yes that goes for Ian as well)

Sure its for a villain but hey I am all for gay villains if done properly.

Honestly? This would be the best potential way to do it. They don't even have to make it obvious; keep Starline as he is but maybe have a few gags where it's super clear he's got a huge villain boner for Eggie. I also never said it had to be reciprocated.

The only other thing I can see maybe coming up would be one of the side or less relevant characters, or the EXTREMELY bold move of touching upon Tails and Sonic's relationship in a story arc of Tails maturing and finding himself, as he's really the only character people have made jokes about being gay due to his idolizing of Sonic being taken to an extreme as well as him being "feminine". But beyond Tails, I don't see any other major character having that related to them at all besides a "Okay, that's cool" moment, unless they suddenly have Rouge putting the hormones on gals, too.

I've posted the thought before, and my timing is off right now with where the topic has gone, but I still feel like a good use for the Freedom Fighters was for Knuckles and Amy to hand off the Resistance to them so that could back to being like they are in the games. Right now I still feel that would work since now the Restoration is a thing and it would be a nice way to give them a role but not make them take over the story. Of course I also think Amy's position in the Resistance even of she were to leave and let the FFS take it over would be a good way to introduce Sticks who only really trusts Amy as she could have important information but wouldn't share it with anyone else due to her paranoia.

1 hour ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Starline is gay for Eggman.

Nothing else to add; it just is.

Sure, why not.

43 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

I've posted the thought before, and my timing is off right now with where the topic has gone, but I still feel like a good use for the Freedom Fighters was for Knuckles and Amy to hand off the Resistance to them so that could back to being like they are in the games. Right now I still feel that would work since now the Restoration is a thing and it would be a nice way to give them a role but not make them take over the story. Of course I also think Amy's position in the Resistance even of she were to leave and let the FFS take it over would be a good way to introduce Sticks who only really trusts Amy as she could have important information but wouldn't share it with anyone else due to her paranoia.

Pretty fitting way of handling it. 

I mean, it arguably makes them a bigger force than they originally were, but then this is Sonic we're talking about.

14 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Also if we're being real here if Eggman had used common sense there would be no plot. 

Pretty much

Not to take away from the numerous plotissues in a lot of the games. But it sort of rely's on eggman being a man of spectacle. And sonic being a guy who doesn't care for getting rid of him permanently. This is how this cat and needle mouse game is played.

15 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

I feel Eggman's attitude in the latest issue is another prime example of the most important aspect of his character: His enormous ego has always been his biggest undoing. Just about every incarnation, no matter how goofy or terrifying, has gotten at least one opportunity to easily bump off Sonic, but chose not to because it "wouldn't be fun".

SatAM: Letting Sonic into the Doomsday base so he could see it for himself.

AoStH: Openly admitting he'd rather keep Sonic in a dungeon to taunt him for the rest of his life.

OVA: Could've turned the fake generator into an actual bomb and remotely detonate it when Sonic got in range, but he chose to just bluff so he could complete Metal Sonic, who'd theoretically beat Sonic at his own game.

Pre-reboot Archie: Revealed around issue 175 that he'd been toying with the Freedom Fighters all along for his amusement.

Fleetway: Literally became a reality-warping god at one point, but chose to use his powers solely to mess with Sonic, until he goaded Robotnik into restoring Knuckles as his ally, which proved to be his undoing.

X and Boom: Didn't really want to kill Sonic, but would occasionally try it for opportunity's sake.

Eggman is a legitimate threat, more than capable of conquering the world if he dealt with his enemies practically. But as Amy once told him in StC: "Sonic's not your worst enemy. YOU are!" 

But between this and his hilariously-sadistic experiments with the animals, I think IDW's Eggman is gonna be a fine balance of endearing and formidable.

That's what makes him work. He's just as much in his own way as Sonic is. It's one of the things that make these characters endearing IMHO.