Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Or it wont get acknowledged it wasn't that good of a story in the first place and it will be quickly moved past and sonic will look like kinda of a sociopath

Quote

Wants to give second chances=sociopath

Okay.

35 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I would make the argument that despite dealing with the overlord you still need people to watch him. Eggman is dangerous and if you are gonna keep him around, you gotta make precautions and there wasn't any excuse for that. While Omega wanting to kill eggman is something that makes sense, I would like to state again I think the idea of it was, shadow's pragmatic. Even if I don't think the story is good, I get the idea.

 

Why not have Omega stick around then? That would also be why he doesn't participate in the final battle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or just hire some Resistence soldiers to watch over him.

I mean, Rough and Tumble would have beaten them up and took Eggman anyway but... eh.

By the way, I gotta reiterate just how much I love Sonic in this comic. I was worried when I heard Ian was back because I thought he was gonna play up "the jerk" over "the fun" but its been the total opposite and I couldn't be more grateful. He's actually cool when he's so chill and not such a try hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Okay.

Why not have Omega stick around then? That would also be why he doesn't participate in the final battle. 

That was sonic's responsibility to figure that out. And we don't know where omega is.

2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

By the way, I gotta reiterate just how much I love Sonic in this comic. I was worried when I heard Ian was back because I thought he was gonna play up "the jerk" over "the fun" but its been the total opposite and I couldn't be more grateful. He's actually cool when he's so chill and not such a try hard. 

People writing sonic to be a horrible asshole I feel don't get the character, or don't care about teh characters he's interact with enough to not write him that way. So yeah i'm glad he's not that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the virus could effect Omega to make him slave for  Eggman .

Then maybe Tails could develop anti virus program for Omega's system to help fight the virus that infected him . It would be good seeing Omega resisting the virus .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Or just hire some Resistence soldiers to watch over him.

I mean, Rough and Tumble would have beaten them up and took Eggman anyway but... eh.

 

That reminds me of Senator Edd's suggestion.

8 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

That was sonic's responsibility to figure that out.

Ah, so you meant irresponsible.

8 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

 And we don't know where omega is.

 

I meant in the hypothetical scenario whoever it was suggested.

35 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

I wonder if the virus could effect Omega to make him slave for  Eggman .

Then maybe Tails could develop anti virus program for Omega's system to help fight the virus that infected him . It would be good seeing Omega resisting the virus .

That brings up an interesting point--in SATAM(or was it Undergound?) roboticizing a robot had it malfunction and go on the offensive, while Archie just had them straight up explode. I wonder how this virus would affect robots, if at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Right now.

  Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_po9f58FI521rplhyso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_po9f58FI521rplhyso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_po9f58FI521rplhyso3_1280.jpg

Jack Lawrence is the artist for this, his Sonic looks odd but expressive at times!

 

Cool.

Spoiler

I don't think it's the character model that's off so much as I think its the irises. They're a little too round and short making Amy look a little cross-eyed in a couple of panels. Other than that it's looking like this issue will be a bit slower on the build up than the last one so hopefully they'll be some good payoff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jack's pencils look pretty good. A little off in bits but nothing that ruins it for me. The characters look really expressive. 

Also Amy's talk about the war and the battle fought on this site honestly kinda makes me want to see a Miniseries or 2 about the war. Just because Forces mishandled the concept doesn't mean it should be abandoned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

I don't think it's the character model that's off so much as I think its the irises. They're a little too round and short making Amy look a little cross-eyed in a couple of panels. Other than that it's looking like this issue will be a bit slower on the build up than the last one so hopefully they'll be some good payoff.

 

Gonna be real, I don't think there's any way to make the hedgehogs look cross-eyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Right now.

  Hide contents

 

tumblr_po9f58FI521rplhyso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_po9f58FI521rplhyso3_1280.jpg

Jack Lawrence is the artist for this, his Sonic looks odd but expressive at times!

 

Oh, okay I was wondering about that.

Noticed we got location bubbles back again. Nice to have those back!

"Hey-you made sure it was worth it." Hn.

Is Amy throwing a giant lightswitch, though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That eggman cave's face is making me giggle and I cannot stop. It looks like it is perpetually screaming and I love it.

As for war mentions, I understand this is going to color the context for a while, but I'm honestly not fond of it. Statements like you won the war for us, well sure. Because ya'll sat around and did nothing, sonic did nothing for several months people disheartening, using powers bad. It wasn't some hard fought war, it was a poorly told story with giant jumps in time with no depictions of anything. So mentions of it like this just makes the characters look bad, especially sonic given he just casually walked out of that jail.

That isn't to say bad games can't make good stories, but the failure of forces is in such a way that I as an audience member can't buy the thing that they saying because even in the game, no one does anything. What hard fought wars, I played the game you are talking about, nothing happened. And no amount of expository lore is convince me that something happened there. For that work you need a compelling product to attach that to, and if forces isn't anything, its compelling

I guess what's really is upsetting me is like. Non sega written amy is cool , and it would suck if her character in this comic like it has seem to be so far, is relegated to try and fill in blanks and justify the existence of a shitty video game , because she's way more interesting than that.

But maybe i'm wrong and It works out I dunno

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

 

As for war mentions, I understand this is going to color the context for a while, but I'm honestly not fond of it. Statements like you won the war for us, well sure. Because ya'll sat around and did nothing, sonic did nothing for several months people disheartening, using powers bad. It wasn't some hard fought war, it was a poorly told story with giant jumps in time with no depictions of anything. So mentions of it like this just makes the characters look bad, especially sonic given he just casually walked out of that jail.

 

How?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Razule said:

Good part of this being an alternate continuity is being able to imagine a better version of the games' stories happened that fit this universe.

The issue with that is, its not really that alternate. The basis for these characters and there being here is still based in the games. And the issue with that is, forces story is so particularly bad, trying to go back and explain parts of it or even elaborate basically turns it into an entire different narrative. And even basing it in the same universe makes you realize how impossible the scenario is, given what happens in issues 9, 10, and 11.

And I don't think i'm alone on this, I think people on the creative end get this as well because forces isn't really refenced in a way that's too direct , and the only direct forces reference seems to have stopped by sega , along with the barring of its antagonist and protagonist. That said, Ian as he always does tries and works around this by using forces as a narrative spring board. Which isn't great, because the first things i mentioned. Anyone writing this series mildly competently sees forces doesn't happen, and trying to fix it or even base in the same universe as these same characters continues to prove that.

i guess my overall point is that I hope the forces stuff doesn't last for too long, it isn't that interesting of a narrative spring board due to how they are just not interacting with any of the people whatsoever and a lot of the events that are happening could just happen in isolation. And with stuff like amy , yeah we can like " Imagine a better version " but we wont because it wont be told. It will be ignored and the only version that will exists is the one in that game. And amy has shown to be a infinitely more interesting and capable character than whatever was in forces and unless they are gonna retell forces whole sale ( they aren't ) i would rather they drop the forces shit as quick as possible and just do their own stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Right now.

  Hide contents

tumblr_po9f58FI521rplhyso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_po9f58FI521rplhyso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_po9f58FI521rplhyso3_1280.jpg

Jack Lawrence is the artist for this, his Sonic looks odd but expressive at times!

 

I always wanted to see a team up of Amy & Sonic but I didn't think the comics would make it so uninteresting to watch, Amy feels so generic here no jokes, flirting or silliness just loads of back story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I always wanted to see a team up of Amy & Sonic but I didn't think the comics would make it so uninteresting to watch, Amy feels so generic here no jokes, flirting or silliness just loads of back story.

There's 17 more pages after these ones y'know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.