Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

You know something, I don't see how Sonic and Amy could get along and team up as easily with each other. Sonic himself is to indirect emotionally to Amy, looking at the bigger picture and an excuse to act on the call of thrillseeking adventure, while Amy holds her own focus at getting invested directly with learning about how things happen while she helps save people. It's really problematic, Sonic is barely interested in Amy personally while hes using her as a medium to do anything heroic but not friend like Tails, more like a partner.

Amy is getting along with Sonic because she's loyal and obsessed with him. Wish she actually had the ability to get Sonic to earn her respect like Sally instead of viewing her as another buddy to fight bad guys with.

Spoiler

How do you think Sonic will end up INFECTED?

Something tells me that he, along with Rough & Tumble, will get splashed with the MV at some point.

5 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

How do you think Sonic will end up INFECTED?

Something tells me that he, along with Rough & Tumble, will get splashed with the MV at some point.

Spoiler

I'm thinking that Rough and Tumble will turn out to have been intentionally infected by Eggman when he sent them after Sonic and Amy. Sonic grabbing one by the scruff after their defeat will lead to him being infected.

Oh I'm glad the comic is so popular that people want an animated adaptation out of them, like this:

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I’ve recently taken to reading Starline with Vincent Corazza’s voice.

Yay or nay?

I guess it would be a contrast to Eggman's deeper, more bombastic voice.

Personally, I generally reading him with a lower, subtley flamboyant one.

25 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Yay or nay?

Weirdly I hear Derek Stephen Prince. Tangle is Linda Cardellini and I don't really have a go to voice for Whisper, Rough and Tumble though.

11 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Here's a sample pic of Tangle happy

D1gcQo7WkAAsxUd.jpg

Happy Tangle is only Tangle.

2 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Weirdly I hear Derek Stephen Prince. Tangle is Linda Cardellini and I don't really have a go to voice for Whisper, Rough and Tumble though.

I imagine Whisper as sounding like Marshadow from the 20th Pokemon movie. lol

6 hours ago, Diogenes said:

...why?

Because for some reason, he forgot that scaling is a thing even among stuff like that.

Apparently the villains' competency can't rise to counter the heroes' competence.

39 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Yay or nay?

10 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

8 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I imagine Whisper as sounding like Marshadow from the 20th Pokemon movie. lol

Admittedly, I don't really have voice actors in mind for the IDW originals for the most part--just general voices.

27 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Ian is doing sonic x amy much better than any past incarnation.

Why Sonic X?

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Because for some reason, he forgot that scaling is a thing even among stuff like that.

Apparently the villains' competency can't rise to counter the heroes' competence.

Even though that's the point of Infinite?

The point of Infinite is that he threw a tantrum and Eggman gave him an upgrade for it.

Usually, even for characters like that...their confidence usually shows that they have an air of competency even if the story fails to show it.

Then ideally as the Heroes get closer to victory this competency would shatter and lead to the villainous breakdown.

Maybe it's mostly because the heroes aren't used to his powers, but he'd still be some type of threat at first.

14 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Admittedly, I don't really have voice actors in mind for the IDW originals for the most part--just general voices.

Why Sonic X?

Even though that's the point of Infinite?

I meant that x to represent sonic and amy. Not sonic x. Shudders

I never understood why Shadow couldn't save the world when Sonic was absent in Sonic Forces he's done it before thats something I would like to see a back story about.

1 minute ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I never understood why Shadow couldn't save the world when Sonic was absent in Sonic Forces he's done it before thats something I would like to see a back story about.

Sonic Forces DLC.

Episode: Shadow

Title: Shadow Dies.

1 minute ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I don't know about that in particular, but I know answering where he was or at least what he witnessed during the war was something I hoped Issue 6 would involve.

1 hour ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Because it’s been established since Colors; anyone who isn’t Sonic are incapable of doing anything for themselves, despite being shown they’re capable enough prior to that.

3 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

Because it’s been established since Colors; anyone who isn’t Sonic are incapable of doing anything for themselves, despite being shown they’re capable enough prior to that.

Yeah I remember all those times Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Rouge, Omega, Espio, Charmy, and Vector took out final boss-level threats on their own and totally didn't rely on Sonic to stop the main bad guy.

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Yeah I remember all those times Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Rouge, Omega, Espio, Charmy, and Vector took out final boss-level threats on their own and totally didn't rely on Sonic to stop the main bad guy.

At least they were able to handle themselves on their own with to a certain extent with stage bosses as opposed to sitting on their asses watching Sonic doing everything little thing for them.

They're still able to "handle themselves". We just don't see them taking major action much because they haven't been playable characters. That doesn't mean they're incompetent or that they contribute nothing.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Also Cream, Big, Silver, and Blaze.

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

They're still able to "handle themselves". We just don't see them taking major action much because they haven't been playable characters. That doesn't mean they're incompetent or that they contribute nothing.

Pretty much. Not sure why this is so incomprehensible lately.

The fact that they haven’t seen much action is one reason why I’m hesitant on the comics being “more like the games”. 

If you haven't noticed, there's no "player character" in a comic. Different mediums shape stories in different ways.

• Thumbs Up 1

That’s not what I meant. I feel that if they were to emulate the games they would be so dependent on Sonic for everything. Like how Tails became inactive when Sonic was captured in Forces until  Sonic #2 showed up. Despite when he watched Sonic “die” in Adventure 2 he steps up to the plate and faces Eggman head on.