Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

6 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

I have been wondering if:

B.) After Sonic gets infected, he continues to help people until he runs out of time and eventually becomes Eggman's slave for a time

Wow, that could be somber way of ending an issue.

6 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Metal Sonic has been doing a good job of filling in the Super Badnik quota for now.

Eh.

6 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

It has to, because the story ( or lack their of is really bad ) or its a different story. The story is bad in a particular way, and trying to change it to " Not bad " changes it to something different.

You make the characters competent? Infinite being a threat is illogical

You give infinite a new power set? Then that's just a different character

You remove infinite? Then its just eggman and that's baby shit for most of the entire cast

You try to explain parts of it? You have now given more detail than the actual story itself and effectively transformed the narrative into a different thing that might as well not be forces.

The story is bad in a way where no one does nothing untill the story decides its time for them to do a thing. Infinite and eggman's threatening is overstated, and only exists because nothing happens and no one does anything for 6 months.

With a competent cast, forces entire premise is unbelievable. Heck issues 9,10 and 11 of this book prove that.  And trying to change details about , just makes it another story entirely.

Edit: One last thing , ya'll keep saying " well it could be different " until the narrative states that it was different that's the only assumption we can make, that its the same story we experienced, untill we are given proof that its different

The comic aren't based on the games--they take inspiration from them. Much like the Shattered World Crisis, it's using Forces as a backdrop to kickoff the comic, but takes a good number of liberties regarding all but the most important canon stuff. 

This is why there are Egg Hammers, Tangle, the Egg Fleet and an E-series hanging around, why little to none of the Forces designs for Badniks are being used, why Neo Metal Sonic was totally his own thing instead of just a pointless clone, and why Amy keeps getting the credit for the Resistance.

6 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

You give infinite a new power set? Then that's just a different character

Reason 2 or 3 why Infinite wasn't likely to come back?

17 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I always wanted to see a team up of Amy & Sonic but I didn't think the comics would make it so uninteresting to watch, Amy feels so generic here no jokes, flirting or silliness just loads of back story.

Sonic is so carefree about his friends/allirs he assumes that they think like Tails and wants nothing but action and thrillseeking adventures in super fast motion. 

Amy in this comic flirting with Sonic seems out of character, she and Sonic have this playful boy doesn't get girl relationship but they talk like their married.

4 hours ago, FFWF said:

In terms of "when will the comic stop referring to Forces?", I expect that when the next mainline game in the series is announced, we'll see a gradual pivot in the direction of whatever that's about.

Oof, what a time that'll be in itself.

You know something, I don't see how Sonic and Amy could get along and team up as easily with each other. Sonic himself is to indirect emotionally to Amy, looking at the bigger picture and an excuse to act on the call of thrillseeking adventure, while Amy holds her own focus at getting invested directly with learning about how things happen while she helps save people. It's really problematic, Sonic is barely interested in Amy personally while hes using her as a medium to do anything heroic but not friend like Tails, more like a partner.

Amy is getting along with Sonic because she's loyal and obsessed with him. Wish she actually had the ability to get Sonic to earn her respect like Sally instead of viewing her as another buddy to fight bad guys with.

5 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

How do you think Sonic will end up INFECTED?

Something tells me that he, along with Rough & Tumble, will get splashed with the MV at some point.

Spoiler

I'm thinking that Rough and Tumble will turn out to have been intentionally infected by Eggman when he sent them after Sonic and Amy. Sonic grabbing one by the scruff after their defeat will lead to him being infected.

25 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I’ve recently taken to reading Starline with Vincent Corazza’s voice.

Yay or nay?

Weirdly I hear Derek Stephen Prince. Tangle is Linda Cardellini and I don't really have a go to voice for Whisper, Rough and Tumble though.

2 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Weirdly I hear Derek Stephen Prince. Tangle is Linda Cardellini and I don't really have a go to voice for Whisper, Rough and Tumble though.

I imagine Whisper as sounding like Marshadow from the 20th Pokemon movie. lol

39 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I’ve recently taken to reading Starline with Vincent Corazza’s voice.

Yay or nay?

10 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

8 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I imagine Whisper as sounding like Marshadow from the 20th Pokemon movie. lol

Admittedly, I don't really have voice actors in mind for the IDW originals for the most part--just general voices.

27 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Ian is doing sonic x amy much better than any past incarnation.

Why Sonic X?

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Because for some reason, he forgot that scaling is a thing even among stuff like that.

Apparently the villains' competency can't rise to counter the heroes' competence.

Even though that's the point of Infinite?

The point of Infinite is that he threw a tantrum and Eggman gave him an upgrade for it.

Usually, even for characters like that...their confidence usually shows that they have an air of competency even if the story fails to show it.

Then ideally as the Heroes get closer to victory this competency would shatter and lead to the villainous breakdown.

Maybe it's mostly because the heroes aren't used to his powers, but he'd still be some type of threat at first.

14 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Admittedly, I don't really have voice actors in mind for the IDW originals for the most part--just general voices.

Why Sonic X?

Even though that's the point of Infinite?

I meant that x to represent sonic and amy. Not sonic x. Shudders

1 minute ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I never understood why Shadow couldn't save the world when Sonic was absent in Sonic Forces he's done it before thats something I would like to see a back story about.

Sonic Forces DLC.

Episode: Shadow

Title: Shadow Dies.

1 minute ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I never understood why Shadow couldn't save the world when Sonic was absent in Sonic Forces he's done it before thats something I would like to see a back story about.

I don't know about that in particular, but I know answering where he was or at least what he witnessed during the war was something I hoped Issue 6 would involve.

1 hour ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Because it’s been established since Colors; anyone who isn’t Sonic are incapable of doing anything for themselves, despite being shown they’re capable enough prior to that.

3 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

Because it’s been established since Colors; anyone who isn’t Sonic are incapable of doing anything for themselves, despite being shown they’re capable enough prior to that.

Yeah I remember all those times Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Rouge, Omega, Espio, Charmy, and Vector took out final boss-level threats on their own and totally didn't rely on Sonic to stop the main bad guy.

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Yeah I remember all those times Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Rouge, Omega, Espio, Charmy, and Vector took out final boss-level threats on their own and totally didn't rely on Sonic to stop the main bad guy.

At least they were able to handle themselves on their own with to a certain extent with stage bosses as opposed to sitting on their asses watching Sonic doing everything little thing for them.