Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

10 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Well long arcs can be done right if in the right hands.

Even Ian can do it if hes got the incentive

Maybe overaching storylines and foreshadowing, like season 1 leading into season 2, Starline being in season 1, Whisper and Shadow, Silver's future, etc.

I hope this comic can get a new main writer someday i know the grass isn't always greener on the other side but it would nice for someone new.

12 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I hope this comic can get a new main writer someday i know the grass isn't always greener on the other side but it would nice for someone new.

Yeah, while I definitely don't mind him being back, I would've thought they'd have brought on more than one writer to draft out stories alongside/beside him.

I want writers who aren't too familiar with sonic. Not that flynn being into it is bad inherently. I just kinda want other folks perspectives on things i guess? With franchises like this sold on characters, its interesting to see people interpret those characters. And try to still be professional about it

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I want writers who aren't too familiar with sonic. Not that flynn being into it is bad inherently. I just kinda want other folks perspectives on things i guess? With franchises like this sold on characters, its interesting to see people interpret those characters. And try to still be professional about it

Last time we had someone that's "not too familiar with Sonic", we got THIS:

Image result for archie sonic issue 155 cover

Yeah, there are mandates in place this time, but I'd rather have someone that's familiar with the characters than someone that doesn't have any knowledge of them. The risk isn't worth it, IMO.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Last time we had someone that's "not too familiar with Sonic", we got THIS:

Image result for archie sonic issue 155 cover

Yeah, there are mandates in place this time, but I'd rather have someone that's familiar with the characters than someone that doesn't have any knowledge of them. The risk isn't worth it, IMO.

I read a lot of comics and that isn't gonna deter me too many comics that have been good with fresh perspectives to say that warrants never trying that.

2 minutes ago, Heckboy said:

I want a Tom Scioli Sonic comic as long as he's allowed to do whatever he wants.

Damn straight. I fuckin' loved TF VS. GI Joe.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Last time we had someone that's "not too familiar with Sonic", we got THIS

We also got Pontaf and Graff so....yeah...let's stick to people who are well versed in the source material.

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

But this time with Big, Omega, and the chao

Interesting… I thought Cream was confirmed for the arc, but this is likely just a variant.

2 hours ago, Heckboy said:

I want a Tom Scioli Sonic comic as long as he's allowed to do whatever he wants.

That would genuinely be amazing. Especially if he can go as bug nuts insane as he likes to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cream and Cheese fans? Incredible.

If there was no room, that's believable.

Positive addressment.

Forget Big, Cream and Omega, I don't think anyone except Sonic and the Chaotix are said to appear in that issue. It's a worse cover to story ratio for characters than even StH#258. 

31 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Forget Big, Cream and Omega, I don't think anyone except Sonic and the Chaotix are said to appear in that issue. It's a worse cover to story ratio for characters than even StH#258. 

Yeah, I was getting ready to say, what issue is this even for?

"Everyone I care about is on that cover! YAY!"

"But Cream is miss-"

"EVERYONE I CARE ABOUT! WHOOO~!"

Sorry Cream. I'm so mean. I don't hate you. I promise.

• Thumbs Up 2

Jon Gray was perhaps my least favourite artist on Archie Sonic. His work wasn't bad so much as it really, really didn't suit both the Sonic style and the tone of the Archie series. It just felt weird reading the issues with his art, and it often looked extremely messy.

However, this cover, looks lovely. It looks like Gray so far will be the most removed from the other artists in terms of style, but this time it looks like it is inkeeping with the book. I actually really adore the cover, it's just a nice joyful burst of colour and personality emminating from it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, just noticed, but, well, um... Amy and Tangle seem to be swearing on the cover, having the 2 fingers from the back of the hand rather than the front. I believe that isn't a swear in the USA, but in the UK, it can be. The Left 4 Dead 2 cover had to be changed for the UK because of this. Will this effect issue #16 in the UK?

Funny how this isn't the first time to happen. I believe Sonic Rush Adventure got rated 12+ in the UK because Marine says "bugger" in it, which again is considered a swear here.

news_img_23652_0.jpg

s-l300.jpg

18 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

Jon Gray was perhaps my least favourite artist on Archie Sonic. His work wasn't bad so much as it really, really didn't suit both the Sonic style and the tone of the Archie series. It just felt weird reading the issues with his art, and it often looked extremely messy.

However, this cover, looks lovely. It looks like Gray so far will be the most removed from the other artists in terms of style, but this time it looks like it is inkeeping with the book. I actually really adore the cover, it's just a nice joyful burst of colour and personality emminating from it.

Yeah, I sorta agree. He wasn't my least favorite (those go to Ron Lim, Many Hands, and Chris Allen) but his Animesque style did clash a bit with Sonic. Especially in moments like this:

Image result for sonic the slap

I don't loathe this particular issue like most Archie fans do (in fact, I have a bit of a soft spot for it), but even I agree it wasn't really fitting, and it just made the scene outright laughable.

Luckily, I agree that he has improved (since Ian's gone on board) and made the designs actually feel more like Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1