Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

4 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Here's the thing. When he does that , everyone is surprised at him doing that. Like he's never done that before.

Yeah because the final boss doesn't pull out his ultimate attack until the climax of the story. That doesn't mean he was actually weak all along or that him blasting groups of civilians or beating Sonic the fucking Hedgehog means nothing.

Here's the thing though, if the game actually showed him nuking cities and shit, that solves that problem.

Problem fucking solved, then  Can we stop this stupid game of pretending that Infinite wasn't a threat, now?

And then the thing they do show, gets taken out by a tiny rock.

I guess every final boss you used a Super form against is utterly harmless too, since they were beaten by forest creatures with 7 tiny rocks.

IIRC infinite slows down when he's doing stuff, and even during the avatar battle he stopps.

Hey welcome to boss fights you do in fact need to allow the boss to be vulnerable from time to time so people can actually play the game.

And even if you can't understand that you should at least understand that the times when he stops don't invalidate the times when he doesn't.

Showing them fighting an alien threat through out the story and investigating it and having them literally hanging out with you the entire time is the same thing is as sitting in a room doing nothing and only having story told though time skip text blurbs.

May as fucking well be when their "fighting" amounts to jack and shit. If you're so dead set on only counting the things you see happen I don't know why you put so much value on the characters merely existing near the action.

Not only you like wrong, on like a factual story telling level. You are wrong in the context of that story, they are all doing shit when shadow shows up and asks him to help.

Gee what do you think is the whole point of the Resistance? Why are you going to pretend the offscreen bullshit the characters are implied to do in ShtH matters but the offscreen bullshit the characters are implied to do in Forces doesn't?

When shadow shows up the objective , turns into their thing. They aren't hanging on to your ass, you show up. They ask if you could help them do the thing they were already doing ussually. And then you help them

By "help" you mean "do literally the whole thing". And this is somehow meant to be different from getting your missions from the Resistance?

14 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Yeah because the final boss doesn't pull out his ultimate attack until the climax of the story. That doesn't mean he was actually weak all along or that him blasting groups of civilians or beating Sonic the fucking Hedgehog means nothing.

Given the context of the entire narrative and its failures up to this point up and include " removing characters that make their bad story worse "  " revealing the characters powers to be a thing they could have figured out in a single fight " and " having characters not do the one thing they are known for to make the villain threatening "  , yes I do believe they pulled out of their ass, just like infinite did that sun.

There's no reason for me to take that shit at face value , because the story never convinces me I should. Stories need to convince you to do that.

Problem fucking solved, then  Can we stop this stupid game of pretending that Infinite wasn't a threat, now?

All he did was create illusions.

The Eggbots and eggman stuff were the things destroying things. So i'm not gonna stop playing this " game " because you have yet to provide proof of infinite not being stopped by simply bieng punched in the face. And you actually showed a pretty shitty example, because at the end of that level, the avatar... just punches him in the face.

I guess every final boss you used a Super form against is utterly harmless too, since they were beaten by forest creatures with 7 tiny rocks.

Context is key.

For example: Those 7 tiny rocks let a person do cool things, and you get to see that person after and entire story of struggling against a foe worthy of it.. uses them to do cool things.

As opposed to an entire game of avoidance and disappointment, holding a rock to the sky and rendering the only threatening thing the villain did in the entire game, nul .

Context is key.

Hey welcome to boss fights you do in fact need to allow the boss to be vulnerable from time to time so people can actually play the game.

But you still beat the boss at the end, yeah? Which means he has to do that.

Infinite isn't a character who has been introduced prior so you know its a boss fight thing. His entire context is this game.

And even if you can't understand that you should at least understand that the times when he stops don't invalidate the times when he doesn't.

Sure

May as fucking well be when their "fighting" amounts to jack and shit. If you're so dead set on only counting the things you see happen I don't know why you put so much value on the characters merely existing near the action.

They help fight off the aliens and are able to make it back on their ship and keep it contained to a single city. They didn't do  as much as shadow, but they did a something of tangible value to the narrative. And you see them doing it.

As opposed to the resistance that does fuck all, and you see them do nothing.

Gee what do you think is the whole point of the Resistance? Why are you going to pretend the offscreen bullshit the characters are implied to do in ShtH matters but the offscreen bullshit the characters are implied to do in Forces doesn't?

That off screen bullshit matters because its accompanied by onscreen bullshit. Show don't tell remember.

By "help" you mean "do literally the whole thing". And this is somehow meant to be different from getting your missions from the Resistance?

Remember that thing you mentioned above

"Hey welcome to boss fights you do in fact need to allow the boss to be vulnerable from time to time so people can actually play the game." that applies to this , except unlike infinite these characters have prior contexts so you can believe they are helping you but it can't be enacted in gameplay. Along with that, they can actually help and fight and kill things and they do. Heck if you plug in a 2nd controller, you can make em do it.

Honestly there's nothing more I can say. You've decided that what the game actually says and does doesn't matter, and instead are criticizing the imaginary version of it that you've made up. Feel free to imagine a version of me that wants to waste his time further on this.

I don't even know why I bother with this shit in the first place.

See the thing with infinite some do not understand. As usual Sega created a character who on paper sounded neat but if they truly wrote him as they described and presented him should have been broken op. he took out sonic as if it was noting when they first met. He could create illusions of nearly anything and some that actually could kill you. He was able to fight All of sonics friends and created a sun just to get rid of them. But just cause suddenly a random nameless character holds hands with sonic ( i mean they do) they are able to be him. No real power ups just friendship power and this god like character loses. Now had sonic gone super or even hype it be easier to understand but no just regular sonic. just like regular sonic being perfect choas in generations. Sega forgets their characters powers sometimes.

8 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

No real power ups just friendship power and this god like character loses.

To be fair Rookie had a plot magguffin specifically capable of countering the god powers for the entire time up until that very last fight with Infinite with Sonic.

36 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

To be fair Rookie had a plot magguffin specifically capable of countering the god powers for the entire time up until that very last fight with Infinite with Sonic.

Plot device. But even so the fact infinite forgot it was just outstanding and later when he couldnt understand how hero was avoiding his stuff.

5 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

I'll say it again: I'm really afraid to go back to the Archie formula of a long status quo/huge arc that takes forever, with tons of filler. I'll take the 12 issue storylines or shorter, thanks Ian. I really like when the plot moves fast, like Sonic.

Well long arcs can be done right if in the right hands.

Even Ian can do it if hes got the incentive

12 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I hope this comic can get a new main writer someday i know the grass isn't always greener on the other side but it would nice for someone new.

Yeah, while I definitely don't mind him being back, I would've thought they'd have brought on more than one writer to draft out stories alongside/beside him.

I want writers who aren't too familiar with sonic. Not that flynn being into it is bad inherently. I just kinda want other folks perspectives on things i guess? With franchises like this sold on characters, its interesting to see people interpret those characters. And try to still be professional about it

8 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I want writers who aren't too familiar with sonic. Not that flynn being into it is bad inherently. I just kinda want other folks perspectives on things i guess? With franchises like this sold on characters, its interesting to see people interpret those characters. And try to still be professional about it

Last time we had someone that's "not too familiar with Sonic", we got THIS:

Image result for archie sonic issue 155 cover

Yeah, there are mandates in place this time, but I'd rather have someone that's familiar with the characters than someone that doesn't have any knowledge of them. The risk isn't worth it, IMO.

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Last time we had someone that's "not too familiar with Sonic", we got THIS:

Image result for archie sonic issue 155 cover

Yeah, there are mandates in place this time, but I'd rather have someone that's familiar with the characters than someone that doesn't have any knowledge of them. The risk isn't worth it, IMO.

I read a lot of comics and that isn't gonna deter me too many comics that have been good with fresh perspectives to say that warrants never trying that.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Last time we had someone that's "not too familiar with Sonic", we got THIS

We also got Pontaf and Graff so....yeah...let's stick to people who are well versed in the source material.