Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

36 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

To be fair Rookie had a plot magguffin specifically capable of countering the god powers for the entire time up until that very last fight with Infinite with Sonic.

Plot device. But even so the fact infinite forgot it was just outstanding and later when he couldnt understand how hero was avoiding his stuff.

I'll say it again: I'm really afraid to go back to the Archie formula of a long status quo/huge arc that takes forever, with tons of filler. I'll take the 12 issue storylines or shorter, thanks Ian. I really like when the plot moves fast, like Sonic.

5 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

I'll say it again: I'm really afraid to go back to the Archie formula of a long status quo/huge arc that takes forever, with tons of filler. I'll take the 12 issue storylines or shorter, thanks Ian. I really like when the plot moves fast, like Sonic.

Well long arcs can be done right if in the right hands.

Even Ian can do it if hes got the incentive

10 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Well long arcs can be done right if in the right hands.

Even Ian can do it if hes got the incentive

Maybe overaching storylines and foreshadowing, like season 1 leading into season 2, Starline being in season 1, Whisper and Shadow, Silver's future, etc.

12 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I hope this comic can get a new main writer someday i know the grass isn't always greener on the other side but it would nice for someone new.

Yeah, while I definitely don't mind him being back, I would've thought they'd have brought on more than one writer to draft out stories alongside/beside him.

I want writers who aren't too familiar with sonic. Not that flynn being into it is bad inherently. I just kinda want other folks perspectives on things i guess? With franchises like this sold on characters, its interesting to see people interpret those characters. And try to still be professional about it

8 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I want writers who aren't too familiar with sonic. Not that flynn being into it is bad inherently. I just kinda want other folks perspectives on things i guess? With franchises like this sold on characters, its interesting to see people interpret those characters. And try to still be professional about it

Last time we had someone that's "not too familiar with Sonic", we got THIS:

Image result for archie sonic issue 155 cover

Yeah, there are mandates in place this time, but I'd rather have someone that's familiar with the characters than someone that doesn't have any knowledge of them. The risk isn't worth it, IMO.

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Last time we had someone that's "not too familiar with Sonic", we got THIS:

Image result for archie sonic issue 155 cover

Yeah, there are mandates in place this time, but I'd rather have someone that's familiar with the characters than someone that doesn't have any knowledge of them. The risk isn't worth it, IMO.

I read a lot of comics and that isn't gonna deter me too many comics that have been good with fresh perspectives to say that warrants never trying that.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Last time we had someone that's "not too familiar with Sonic", we got THIS

We also got Pontaf and Graff so....yeah...let's stick to people who are well versed in the source material.

2 hours ago, Heckboy said:

I want a Tom Scioli Sonic comic as long as he's allowed to do whatever he wants.

That would genuinely be amazing. Especially if he can go as bug nuts insane as he likes to.

31 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Forget Big, Cream and Omega, I don't think anyone except Sonic and the Chaotix are said to appear in that issue. It's a worse cover to story ratio for characters than even StH#258. 

Yeah, I was getting ready to say, what issue is this even for?