Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Just read the latest issue...

Reveal hidden contents

Well, that got disturbing. Probably even more so than the previous issue in regards to the Metal Virus and the Zombots.

How was the issue itself?

Also, Imma just drop this here...

image.png.7582c85bee77082dc6ebdbee4dfd072d.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, RedFox99 said:

It was a bit slow but overall a nice read.

So IDW Sonic in general?

6 hours ago, Noise Canceler CC14 said:

Update on the Annual from the Facebook group: delay is confirmed and the issue is currently off to the printers for an on-sale date of May 1st. The RI cover by Nathalie Fourdraine was also revealed:

XtpVeBZ.jpg

(The B cover is being held back because it features someone we haven't met yet, so yeah, Whisper and Tangle will be sharing the spotlight with a completely fresh character in their story!)

This looks nice 

1 hour ago, Razule said:
  Hide contents

Are they even robots, or just goo creatures at this point..?

All 3 pretty much. Liquidy metal sustenance.

I had a feeling that was coming but God dammit this is Universe 9 all over again. Whyyyy, my precious boyyyyyys.

The question is: does Ian have the stones to make this a permanent thing since undoubtedly we'll see a lot more victims, or will there be some way to reverse it?

More importantly: will the arc end with Sonic infecting Eggman so as to force him to reveal/engineer a cure?

When Eggman decided to Thanos Snap, he better have accounted for the fact he can count in the losing 50%.

• Fist Bump 1

41 minutes ago, Legosi (Ogilvie) said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I had a feeling that was coming but God dammit this is Universe 9 all over again. Whyyyy, my precious boyyyyyys.

The question is: does Ian have the stones to make this a permanent thing since undoubtedly we'll see a lot more victims, or will there be some way to reverse it?

More importantly: will the arc end with Sonic infecting Eggman so as to force him to reveal/engineer a cure?

When Eggman decided to Thanos Snap, he better have accounted for the fact he can count in the losing 50%.

Spoiler

They'll be fine. Like Universe 9 it'll be reversed eventually. The heroes will cure them along with the others who are infected, and they'll be back to their ruffian selves again. If not that they may regain sentience and keep these abilities....but I bank more on returning to normal eventually.

Well don't really need to spoil that Sonic is infected since they already told us that. I do like this twist, but it really should not have been spoiled by the release previews. Would have made for a fantastic cliff hanger if we didn't know about it already. Though I really dislike we needed Rough and Tumble to explain a joke....shoulda just left it at one of them pointing out that didn't rhyme, and the other brother telling him to shut it and waste the hedgehogs.

Spoiler

Now if only we could ditch the pair formula. Amy was with Sonic here and he didn't leave her, but the next issue suggests it's Sonic, Tails, and Tangle. Then after that the Chaotix. I think Sonic Universe did it fine with like 4 issues to have a group thing before moving on.

Overall an eventful end to a chapter that was mostly typical.

3 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

...explain a joke...

They didn't explain it, it was just looker...stretched a bit.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

They didn't explain it, it was just looker...stretched a bit.

We didn't need an explanation of what didn't rhyme, we already knew. Wasn't Sonic Colors bad, but still...ick I'd rather delete that panel.

• Thumbs Up 1

People say that a lot, but stuff like that isn't always for the reader/viewer's sake.

Sometimes it just makes dialogue flow better, even when read.

Keeping it in is a necessary part of humanistic speech.

Spoilers:

The art makes it look like Sonic it's just dirty rather than infected,wish they showed those little metal veins like in previous issues. And yeah,they should have kept the fact that he was gonna get infected a surprise: in the Unleashed adaptation it made sense since we knew it was gonna happen because it was adapting a game everyone knows,but this was a new concept and the kinda ruined the surprise

P.S.: can somebody please  tell how to hide the spoilers?

12 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

People say that a lot, but stuff like that isn't always for the reader/viewer's sake.

Sometimes it just makes dialogue flow better, even when read.

Keeping it in is a necessary part of humanistic speech.

I get more padding than flow. If anything it momentarily pauses things unnecessarily.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

They brought up the mis-rhyming thing before, but since they won't be alive anymore...I guess it's the least they could go out on.

On 3/18/2019 at 9:35 PM, PublicEnemy1 said:

IDW previews reveal too much. Wait, scratch that... IDW in GENERAL likes to reveal too much.

Dumb question: Why do you people even read those previews?

In your impatience to get something that you'll read full anyway you just hinder your own experience and often mine.

13 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

They are not a team, Shadow works with them because they are of use.

image.png.1930f7fe45fd39af9dead865895d81bf.png

image.png.7c13f83a040335a542c824965eebd166.png

Well, I guess 06 really didn't happened.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Easily the best out of year 2, not that it was hard, but it was nice seeing things happen. And Sonic and Eggman are just so sweet to read. The Sonic and Amy dynamic also played well...

I hope Rough and Tumble are cured by the end of the arc. They're my favorite characters in this comic.

So that new character they stated for the Annual's B cover

Spoiler

032e1e98-c392-441e-b0fd-18fb1b932762.jpg.9f08750a17fe25921b37e16c18fb96b5.jpg

I don't know why, but I keep having that Aquamarine vibe for her design look.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, kimplix said:

Hide contents

9cd1c8dd563440af222d15ef9e103f95c650.jpg

She sorta reminds me of Saffron

I think the reason, why they have gotten rid of G.U.N. is because, that this is a new incarnation of Sonic's world, where humans do not longer exist. Since Sonic Colors it seems that Sega wants to focus more on the old concept, where you only have animals, robots and supernatural beings that inhabit Sonic's world with Dr. Eggman been the only human. This is the reason why GUN and Maria are no longer canon to the series.

• Nice Smile 1

5 minutes ago, Rowl said:

I think the reason, why they have gotten rid of G.U.N. is because, that this is a new incarnation of Sonic's world, where humans do not longer exist. Since Sonic Colors it seems that Sega wants to focus more on the old concept, where you only have animals, robots and supernatural beings that inhabit Sonic's world with Dr. Eggman been the only human. This is the reason why GUN and Maria are no longer canon to the series.

But if that's the case what's Shadow's character anymore? It's like saying that Krypton never existed in the Superman canon, or that Uncle Ben never died in Spiderman, or that Bruce Wayne's parents never died! They can't just erase the whole motivation of a character

2 minutes ago, Redbluethunder5 said:

But if that's the case what's Shadow's character anymore?

Good question. I think Shadow is now just another rival for Sonic who wants to beat him and show the others that he is better than Sonic in everything. Kinda like with Gary in Pokémon or King Dedede in Kirby.

43 minutes ago, kimplix said:

Reveal hidden contents

032e1e98-c392-441e-b0fd-18fb1b932762.jpg.9f08750a17fe25921b37e16c18fb96b5.jpg

Who is that and where did you find this?

Just now, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Who is that and where did you find this?

I found it on ForbiddenPlanet(dot)com while I was looking for RI comics listed, and besides being a new character, I don't know the rest.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rowl said:

Maria is literally referenced in Team Sonic Racing, the latest game coming to market. They’re not non-canon, they’re just not relevant as of right now.

• Thumbs Up 2