Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

GUN is one thing (Shadow was only actually to be an "agent" in 06, which was erased), but the idea that Shadow only works with Rouge and Omega "as a means to an ends" definitely seems out of character at this point. I suppose that in the games, it's not like we see them hanging out like buddies, we only ever see them together during a new mission or conflict (even less so including Omega). But I'm pretty sure there was an actual camaraderie between them? Or, do they mean that Team Dark just isn't necessarily a set team, like the Chaotix, who are joined at the hip 24/7? In which case.. that's basically how nearly every team in this series works. Only together to do a thing, and then split up at the end.

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't really find it pathetic. Sometimes you make stuff and don't really know what to do with it after a point. Not everyone's operating on same wavelength and what they value about the series at this time, could have left them with no ideas for gun. Isn't excusing sonic team or anything, they have their number of problems. I just don't think them not being able to figure out what to do with gun is pathetic.

I do. I can't help that.

Maybe, I'm missing some context. Maybe they can't find anything for G.U.N to do within their new... vision. Or whatever.

But if it's just that they couldn't find anything for them to do, period, then I'm sorry but that's awful. 

At least write a story that gets them out of the picture.

If they're so corrupt then tell a story where the Commander retired and the new guy in charge said, "Hey, guess what? We're joining the Eggman Empire now! Whoo~! That's right! We're giving up! All hail Eggman. Here, grab your cups, it's time to pass around the Eggman Kool-Aid. Sorry to all the folks who expected us to take care of you but face it, we're a little unstable. We sent a giant fucking truck barrelling down the streets of San Francisco to catch a clearly innocent hedgehog while conversely dealing thousands, nay, millions of dollars in property damage as well as killing anyone who was on the sidewalk or in their cars at the time. We were already a little insane. In hindsight, you should have seen this coming. I for one, welcome our new Egg Shaped Overlords! Three cheers for the good doctor! Hail Hydra!"

And that's why there's no military in Forces. 

I'm clearly being a bit silly here since I'm not making a HUGE deal about this either but I do firmly believe there's very little excuse for them not having any idea of what to do with them. At least from where I'm standing. 

I can understand that. I just hmm.. I dunno I just feel funny about it. But hey I hope i'm wrong. Then everyone gets to be happy.

Well except for emril and babylon rogue fans .

Oh dude, the Babylon Rogues are fucked.

Maybe you'll see them in a phone game or something but... honestly, I have my doubts they'll even show up in the IDW comics at this rate.

It's a shame because I was actually starting to get more into the idea of them. A more ruthless and self-centered band of treasure hunters and thieves. It sounds a lot cooler than I gave it credit for when I was younger and I actually did like both the stories of the Riders games.

7 minutes ago, Razule said:

GUN is one thing (Shadow was only actually to be an "agent" in 06, which was erased), but the idea that Shadow only works with Rouge and Omega "as a means to an ends" definitely seems out of character at this point. I suppose that in the games, it's not like we see them hanging out like buddies, we only ever see them together during a new mission or conflict (even less so including Omega). But I'm pretty sure there was an actual camaraderie between them? Or, do they mean that Team Dark just isn't necessarily a set team, like the Chaotix, who are joined at the hip 24/7? In which case.. that's basically how nearly every team in this series works. Only together to do a thing, and then split up at the end.

I mean they don't have to be together all the time to be friends. I said myself, team dark probably doesn't hang out. But I wouldn't say, at least before now shadow's working with rouge and omega was soley because of " his own benefit " , its because he likes them. I mean I guess him liking them is his own benefit, but you know that's not what they meant

4 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I do. I can't help that.

Maybe, I'm missing some context. Maybe they can't find anything for G.U.N to do within their new... vision. Or whatever.

But if it's just that they couldn't find anything for them to do, period, then I'm sorry but that's awful. 

At least write a story that gets them out of the picture.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

If they're so corrupt then tell a story where the Commander retired and the new guy in charge said, "Hey, guess what? We're joining the Eggman Empire now! Whoo~! That's right! We're giving up! All hail Eggman. Here, grab your cups, it's time to pass around the Eggman Kool-Aid. Sorry to all the folks who expected us to take care of you but face it, we're a little unstable. We sent a giant fucking truck barrelling down the streets of San Francisco to catch a clearly innocent hedgehog while conversely dealing thousands, nay, millions of dollars in property damage as well as killing anyone who was on the sidewalk or in their cars at the time. We were already a little insane. In hindsight, you should have seen this coming. I for one, welcome our new Egg Shaped Overlords! Three cheers for the good doctor! Hail Hydra!"

And that's why there's no military in Forces. 

I'm clearly being a bit silly here since I'm not making a HUGE deal about this either but I do firmly believe there's very little excuse for them not having any idea of what to do with them. At least from where I'm standing. 

There's no military in forces because gun don't give a shit about animal land. They don't need to explain that. And they don't seem to want to make any real life allegories to anything right now. A lot of early 00's sonic was filled with government conspiracies, they don't care about that. They care about, magic bad man, do bad thing and sonic and friend must stop.

Gun don't fit into that, its a simple as that really

There's no military in forces because gun don't give a shit about animal land. They don't need to explain that. And they don't seem to want to make any real life allegories to anything right now. A lot of early 00's sonic was filled with government conspiracies, they don't care about that. They care about, magic bad man, do bad thing and sonic and friend must stop.

Gun don't fit into that, its a simple as that really

I think you still somehow took that reply seriously. Somehow. I was hoping the bit about the kool-aid might have gotten a chuckle.

Again, like I already said, if they just don't want to do it because it doesn't fit their interests, whatever those are, then fine. I guess. But if it's because they seriously couldn't think of anything period, then that's dumb.

Also, there's a few things there to contest but also, again, my intention wasn't to start an argument about what you could do to utilize G.U.N. I will say that if they don't want to make any real life allegories than making a game like Forces was a shit way to go about that.

58 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Maybe you'll see them in a phone game or something but... honestly, I have my doubts they'll even show up in the IDW comics at this rate.

It's a shame because I was actually starting to get more into the idea of them. A more ruthless and self-centered band of treasure hunters and thieves. It sounds a lot cooler than I gave it credit for when I was younger and I actually did like both the stories of the Riders games.

Hey, don't knock Jet's obligatory rival role in Mario and Sonic 2020.

1 hour ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

If the games that come out during their current vision mostly take place on Animal Planet, maybe there's no place for them anymore.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I think you still somehow took that reply seriously. Somehow. I was hoping the bit about the kool-aid might have gotten a chuckle.

Now I feel bad for missing the joke, i'm sorry

1 minute ago, Razule said:

If the games that come out during their current vision mostly take place on Animal Planet, maybe there's no place for them anymore.

I vote to call sonic's world " Animal Planet "

1 hour ago, thumbs13 said:

Hey, don't knock Jet's obligatory rival role in Mario and Sonic 2020.

I doubt he can even rely on that anymore. I think Ubisoft has the Olympic Video Games pedigree now. At least, I think that's what happened since Mario and Sonic skipped the Winter 2018 Olympics while Ubisoft got to make this:

No more Jet the Hawk. Here comes Iconic Generic Ubisoft man. 

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Yeah. But I also think that the concept of "Animal Planet" is dumb too so... it really can't be helped as far as my opinion goes. 

We can't we co-exist with the animals? Eggman found a way... sort of.

You know... he wants to enslave them but... at least he's trying.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I doubt he can even rely on that anymore. I think Ubisoft has the Olympic Video Games pedigree now. At least, I think that's what happened since Mario and Sonic skipped the Winter 2018 Olympics while Ubisoft got to make this:

No more Jet the Hawk. Here comes Iconic Generic Ubisoft man. 

Sega has the game rights for the Tokyo 2020 olympics, they just got beat out by ubisoft that one time. Can't wait for Infinite on ice.

1 minute ago, thumbs13 said:

Sega has the game rights for the Tokyo 2020 olympics, they just got beat out by ubisoft that one time. Can't wait for Infinite on ice.

Okay. Maybe there is hope then. I won't pretend to know how it works.

6 hours ago, Noise Canceler CC14 said:

Update on the Annual from the Facebook group: delay is confirmed and the issue is currently off to the printers for an on-sale date of May 1st. The RI cover by Nathalie Fourdraine was also revealed:

XtpVeBZ.jpg

(The B cover is being held back because it features someone we haven't met yet, so yeah, Whisper and Tangle will be sharing the spotlight with a completely fresh character in their story!)

This looks nice 

I had a feeling that was coming but God dammit this is Universe 9 all over again. Whyyyy, my precious boyyyyyys.

The question is: does Ian have the stones to make this a permanent thing since undoubtedly we'll see a lot more victims, or will there be some way to reverse it?

More importantly: will the arc end with Sonic infecting Eggman so as to force him to reveal/engineer a cure?

When Eggman decided to Thanos Snap, he better have accounted for the fact he can count in the losing 50%.

41 minutes ago, Legosi (Ogilvie) said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I had a feeling that was coming but God dammit this is Universe 9 all over again. Whyyyy, my precious boyyyyyys.

The question is: does Ian have the stones to make this a permanent thing since undoubtedly we'll see a lot more victims, or will there be some way to reverse it?

More importantly: will the arc end with Sonic infecting Eggman so as to force him to reveal/engineer a cure?

When Eggman decided to Thanos Snap, he better have accounted for the fact he can count in the losing 50%.

Spoiler

They'll be fine. Like Universe 9 it'll be reversed eventually. The heroes will cure them along with the others who are infected, and they'll be back to their ruffian selves again. If not that they may regain sentience and keep these abilities....but I bank more on returning to normal eventually.

Well don't really need to spoil that Sonic is infected since they already told us that. I do like this twist, but it really should not have been spoiled by the release previews. Would have made for a fantastic cliff hanger if we didn't know about it already. Though I really dislike we needed Rough and Tumble to explain a joke....shoulda just left it at one of them pointing out that didn't rhyme, and the other brother telling him to shut it and waste the hedgehogs.

Spoiler

Now if only we could ditch the pair formula. Amy was with Sonic here and he didn't leave her, but the next issue suggests it's Sonic, Tails, and Tangle. Then after that the Chaotix. I think Sonic Universe did it fine with like 4 issues to have a group thing before moving on.

Overall an eventful end to a chapter that was mostly typical.

Spoilers:

The art makes it look like Sonic it's just dirty rather than infected,wish they showed those little metal veins like in previous issues. And yeah,they should have kept the fact that he was gonna get infected a surprise: in the Unleashed adaptation it made sense since we knew it was gonna happen because it was adapting a game everyone knows,but this was a new concept and the kinda ruined the surprise

P.S.: can somebody please  tell how to hide the spoilers?

12 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

People say that a lot, but stuff like that isn't always for the reader/viewer's sake.

Sometimes it just makes dialogue flow better, even when read.

Keeping it in is a necessary part of humanistic speech.

I get more padding than flow. If anything it momentarily pauses things unnecessarily.