Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

4 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Maria is literally referenced in Team Sonic Racing, the latest game coming to market. They’re not non-canon, they’re just not relevant as of right now.

Do you have a clip?

5 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Do you have a clip?

One of the car parts for Shadow is called "Maria's Boon". Should be in the TSR topic somewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm been a bit dodgy with this thread lately because I want t hear/see some of the stuff for myself, with that said

2 hours ago, kimplix said:

So that new character they stated for the Annual's B cover

Reveal hidden contents

032e1e98-c392-441e-b0fd-18fb1b932762.jpg.9f08750a17fe25921b37e16c18fb96b5.jpg

I don't know why, but I keep having that Aquamarine vibe for her design look.

Oh, another girl, huh?

Well, at least she's a unique color.

2 hours ago, Redbluethunder5 said:

She sorta reminds me of Saffron

Spoiler

W...--Yeah, that's Safron! Albiet, with Breezie's dress.

I wonder if Ms. Baker had input on this design?

So i checked out Issue 15 and so far it is pretty neat. Review in spoiler cause there is a lot of spoilers I need to bring up.

Spoiler

So first things first let's start with the most obvious thing Rough and Tumble got infected which yeah you could guess that happens, however it did take a while as Eggman kinda tricked them into infecting themselves rather than just straight up infecting them. What is interesting is that the Zombot's as they are called now are indestructible and gooey rather than being traditional metal, i actually like that a lot, it is interesting for fights as they have to make the characters think rather than anything else. Then there is the ending where Sonic get's infected with the zombot disease which is kinda obvious that was going to happen in the fight. There isn't much on Eggman and Doctor Starline but they were fun while they were there. 

I rate this an 8/10 can't wait to see how this goes. 

5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I hope the new female is a villain. 

Unless it's a twist villain, I really doubt it. But yes, since we are getting expies for Finitevus and Saffron. Where is my Lien-Da expy? I just want a badass and villainous female fighter. There were various interesting villainesses in the reboot but we barely saw them sadly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm tired of good girls. Well I'd like her to be a theist where she looks sweet and innocent but is very sadistic

Page Spoilers

Spoiler

5FbdW2JnmJMOF5ftrrdvqbfrJc49UZaup7bG2DnMywI88RtvRpERCw4KldqiV2UuFym__nSFu-vb7iBC

Kudos to Ian for creating a new type of robot slave that's not the same as in Archie/SATAM.

I'd hate to see what would have happen once Eggman gets Zombots that were originally stronger before being infected.

...I wonder if Zombots can fuse?

Holy shit, I accidentally clicked on Sonictrainer's spoiler for a second--what the hell is happening there?

13 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

That's what I would've been hoping for too.

Yea, this series was kind of freaky.

Think they could have went a hit more with body horror tho.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Redbluethunder5 said:

P.S.: can somebody please  tell how to hide the spoilers?

Hey there! 

I went ahead and fixed it for you but for future reference you can hide parts of your post behind the spoiler tag by either:

1. Highlighting the part of your post you want to hide and clicking the eye icon on the post editor (if you're on mobile, turn your phone to landscape mode and it should pop up).

2. You can put the tags manually around what you wrote with

[spoiler] [/spoiler] 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Hey there! 

I went ahead and fixed it for you but for future reference you can hide parts of your post behind the spoiler tag by either:

1. Highlighting the part of your post you want to hide and clicking the eye icon on the post editor (if you're on mobile, turn your phone to landscape mode and it should pop up).

2. You can put the tags manually around what you wrote with

[spoiler] [/spoiler] 

Thanks!

I just realized the new character has a simliar color scheme as Zavok. 

14 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Yea, this series was kind of freaky.

Think they could have went a hit more with body horror tho.

Uh, I didn't that part, but what I did see was a weirdly bleak color issue, even for the character. Kinda reminds [appropriate?] of Issue 3 or better yet, the upcoming cover with the Chaotix.

Kind of underwhelmed, yet again.

Spoiler

The zombots being squishy liquid metal allows for some half decent body horror but otherwise the sequence feels kind of limp. The skunks barely have time to react to the situation before they're brainless, Sonic getting infected just because he accidentally wiped some gunk on his face is a bit lame, and neither he nor Amy have reacted with the kind of shock I'd expect about a zombie-like infection. I'm not coming into this expecting there to be long-term consequences, we all know Sonic's going to get cured eventually and the skunks most likely will too (or at least get their minds back and generally be ok), so if the characters aren't selling the stakes I don't really feel the tension. Maybe it'll pick up in the next issue as the infection really starts to set in on Sonic, but I'm just not feeling it now.

Also if the skunks manage to crawl out of that hole and be relevant again in this arc they're gonna be pretty boring without their Team Rocket-esque personalities.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

Spoiler

If that happens, then the Aquamarine vibes I stated would be an interesting one to see in development imo.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I'm tired of good girls. Well I'd like her to be a theist where she looks sweet and innocent but is very sadistic

Well, a religious character would certainly be unique.

2 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

One of the car parts for Shadow is called "Maria's Boon". Should be in the TSR topic somewhere.

A little homage, but that doesn't really say that she is still canon to the franchise. And even if she is canon, maybe she isn't a human anymore, but an anthro like the rest of them. 

15 minutes ago, Rowl said:

A little homage, but that doesn't really say that she is still canon to the franchise. And even if she is canon, maybe she isn't a human anymore, but an anthro like the rest of them. 

Where do yall get some of this shit from lmao

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Where do yall get some of this shit from lmao

Artists always change stuff. Look at the new Rise of the TMNT where April is suddenly is a young African-American young girl and no longer a grown up Irish woman. Same could also happen with Maria.  

1 minute ago, Rowl said:

Artists always change stuff. Look at the new Ris of the TMNT where April is suddenly is an African-American young girl and no longer a grown up Irish woman. Same could also happen with Maria.  

Aren't she and Eggman supposed to be first cousins? Unless you're suggesting one of them was adopted (which I highly doubt) she's probably still a human.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic #15

On 3/20/2019 at 4:03 PM, Jack the Shadow said:

A review for the latest issue: https://comicsverse.com/who-will-the-metal-virus-infect-first-in-sonic-the-hedgehog-15/

It got a 97 /100 score.

What? Wwwwwhat?

I'm sorry, but this is just wrong. Opinions are subjective, but this is still wrong.

97% is for Killing Joke, Sin City, Kraven Last Hunt. Archie #234 if you really insist on giving so high praise to Sonic issue.

Not for another generic IDW issue. Art, dialogue, story, nothing deserves near-perfect score!

...well, might as well tell rest of my though, ignoring how reduntat it will be

Sonic #15

Spoiler

Snore. Comics continues to go with the motions and I'm tired of it.

I'm tired of another team-up, where guest barely contributes.
I'm tired of issue being mostly a generic fight, with two idiots I'm also getting tired of. We just fough them!
I'm tired of story going at the snail pace (in a book about fastest thing alive) with pretty much no sub-plots.
I'm tired of hoping this will get better later.

I'm tired of Flynn. There I said it. My need for something fresh outgrew fear that new writer might be as bad as Penders or Pontac. Maybe it's not Flynn's fault maybe mandates or editors really tying his hands that badly, We'll never learn without a change.

The only twist is something I knew for months now. (Would it kill you people to spoiler box stuff things we learn from previews? Would it??)

Sigh, let's try find SOMETHING positive....do you remembers first issues of  Archie Sonic? When Manak draw Eggman with a constant toothy grin?

1.png.105b0846aa47184f2e1bc3b55e05ad3b.png

Anyone's getting nostalgic?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

This issue is woa,

Archie/Satam: we made the concept of cute animals turning into brainless robots traumatic scary!!

Flynn: Hold my beer

• Thumbs Up 5