Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

6 hours ago, Legosi (Ogilvie) said:

Honestly, it's only scary if you remain conscious during it. Then you're a prisoner in your own body.

If you are unconscious, it's just taking a long nap. Whether you wake up or not has no meaning to you in your oblivion.

(Go figure, this is why many philosophers say death is not a scary fate, since you're basically in a permanent, dreamless sleep. What is scary is pain.)

Well, philosophers can say what they want but that's never stopped me from being afraid of death. I know it's technically irrational to be afraid of something you won't be conscious for but I can't help it. The idea of living in a conscious world and being ripped away from it forever, regardless of whether my mind will be present for it or not, is scary to me. It's hard to imagine no longer existing. Even the image of a pitch black void doesn't do it justice because you're still picturing something existing within in your mind there. 

I suppose it's only comforting when you realize that you have no memory of the time before you were born as well. I suppose. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The RI cover of Issue 16-

tumblr_poq6dxBGEB1s9pusko1_1280.jpg

Edit: just now noticed that we're back to two pencilers, Skelly and Lawrence.

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks like Tails looking in horror at the metal gunk or the ARK, or both!! Also shout out to Jack Lawrence for his debut on the comic, loved his work especially all of Dr Eggman. I'm enjoying this comic, I only picked up the last few issues of the previous run but just enjoying the ride that Ian and the artists are taking us on.  

32 minutes ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Spoiler

I ALMOST FORGOT

10.jpg

This is the thing that's going to release the MV! Is it creating acid rain?!

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I ALMOST FORGOT

10.jpg

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure it's going to spread the metal virus. 

Also love the fact Sonic thinks it's the Ark at first. Just little nods to other games are nice IMHO.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm loving the more series take on the story.so far idw has pleased me. Now I'm wondering how they will cure this

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

I think it's safe to assume Shadow was right and no thanks to status quo looks stupid for letting Sonic convince him in sparing Eggman. I think Shadow is darker than anything eggman could be, so basically this is unimpressive to acknowledge for Eggman as evil feats go when characters like Mephiles existed once.

12 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

Stop with the Shadow Wank. It's annoying.

Yeah.

He's got something of a point with the Mephiles thing, though.

12 hours ago, Legosi (Ogilvie) said:

Hide contents

Personally, I can't help but wonder if we won't see Rough and Tumble for a while, everyone will forget about them in the pit, and somehow they'll regain free will/consciousness but keep the nanite bodies while everyone else was cured. This would pave a way for them to be legitimately dangerous as returning villains, if still dumb.

What's more, they'll probably be just as eager to kill Eggman as Sonic when this is all over, and that's going to lead to interesting situations.

I'm referencing something from Dragon Ball Super, don't mind me.

Yeah, he did say this was a considerable development for their characters.

12 hours ago, Legosi (Ogilvie) said:

I'm referencing something from Dragon Ball Super, don't mind me.

Yeah, I realized that after the fact.

Eeh.

12 hours ago, Redbluethunder5 said:

You mean,aside of how Bunnie hated looking like a freak,or how terrified people looked when they got robotizated?Or that one story when Bunnie had a nightmare that Robotnik turned into a full robot to make her kill her friends,showing how scared she is of herself? Or the fact that she has to constantly update her robot part to survive,reducing her chances of ever being normal? Or the fact that in the Mecha Sally arc Sally was also tore apart for Eggman to weaponize her,making it nearly impossible to turn her back and making her hurt her friends and family and how broken she was in the reboot when she remembered it? Or the fact that there was also that whole removing some of the organic parts of his soldiers to replace with robot part with either a bomb or a device that paralize them and remember that they also captured innocent people and forced them to this! Yeah,not scary at all.

Like a said, a lot of development and display.

11 hours ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

her* I"m a she, 

Never said I disliked the whole part of robotiziation either, I Just never thought It was scary/body horror, more like ""turning characters into evil robots""

Oh, my bad. For some reason, I think I saw the profile pic as being male and must've made an unconscious assumption.

Honestly, turn these comics into a game.

Yes, add a bit more substance to it, but I think this has potential in the games. We've never really gone into a storyline like this sans maybe Gamma, but that was an extremely dumbed-down version. 

This also begs the question: If flickies can be seen coming out of Badniks from Modern times, then are Metal Sonic and Omega harboring a living creature in them as well? Likely not, as we've seen bots without flickies and other critters before, but it could make for some fun theories and fanfiction.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

I wonder what happens when the Zombots come in contact with water or extreme temperatures.

Good question.

Given how it works though, probably nothing good in the first context.

1 hour ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Is that blood on hands imagery?

1 hour ago, Irish David said:

Looks like Tails looking in horror at the metal gunk or the ARK, or both!! Also shout out to Jack Lawrence for his debut on the comic, loved his work especially all of Dr Eggman. I'm enjoying this comic, I only picked up the last few issues of the previous run but just enjoying the ride that Ian and the artists are taking us on.  

It's not the Ark.

58 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

I ALMOST FORGOT

10.jpg

Spoiler

Oh, so it's the Doomsday Project too?

7 minutes ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

This also begs the question: If flickies can be seen coming out of Badniks from Modern times, then are Metal Sonic and Omega harboring a living creature in them as well? Likely not, as we've seen bots without flickies and other critters before, but it could make for some fun theories and fanfiction.

Very unlikely, especially in Metal's case.

4 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

I wonder what happens when the Zombots come in contact with water or extreme temperatures.

Example: The Metal Cap from Mario 64.

It's still Metal, so probably the same problems.

Oh snap. I didn't even notice Tails on that cover at first. He blends in with it kind of easily. The vibe I got from it was more Sonic being concerned about what he's turning into rather than the death machine above him but now that I look at it more closely it seems to be that the liquid is falling from the Ark instead.

Which means... he's creating an Ark to rain the virus onto the planet?

Metal Virus Rain.

Goodness. Imagine a zombification virus literally raining down on you from the sky. If you don't have an umbrella than you'd better hope you can dodge rain. 

This is why I like idw eggman. Why sega struggles with game stories I'll never know. Eggman as he said could easily carpet bomb sonic and his friends to death but is instead turning them into liquid zombies to make them suffer instead.  great

I hope this is one of those misleading covers because I really dont want to see the young child Tails in the metal zombified state plz.

Also Diana Skelly is the artist, Yesh!

I want Charmy to escape being made a zombot, but moreso for the character opportunities that could make. Charmy trying to strike it alone and working with others to rescue his dads peers seems like a no-brainer for some variety, but no one has capitalised on it yet. 

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

I want Charmy to escape being made a zombot, but moreso for the character opportunities that could make. Charmy trying to strike it alone and working with others to rescue his dads peers seems like a no-brainer for some variety, but no one has capitalised on it yet. 

The child escapes the horrific, almost hopeless situation and has to go it alone to rescue his papas.

Sounds frightening. I like it.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

I hope this is one of those misleading covers because I really dont want to see the young child Tails in the metal zombified state plz.

Also Diana Skelly is the artist, Yesh!

Don’t see how it’d be any different from the bazillion other times he’s been mind controlled.

I'd rather see him turned first. A child harmed by this is more exciting and scary cause you know they would not want to  fight him and to see him suffer would disturb them eggman is truly a great villian here but I think the effects wont last . Starlines constantly worrying makes me think he knows more resting was needed

21 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Yeah, I sometimes think about that the few times I think about Charmy..

34 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Seeing Charmy the Bee interact with other characters again would also be the positiveness.

He's one of the best and he needs to survive this Metalocalypes...or something.

• Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

I personally can't look at this without thinking Eggman and Professor Genki fused.

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, he did say this was a considerable development for their characters.

I'm okay with my boys being withdrawn from play if it means they'll come back better than ever.

1 hour ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

If you don't have an umbrella than you'd better hope you can dodge rain. 

I'm sure Evan Stanley would love the chance to recreate the scene from Ghosts of the Future where Sonic is in his spirit form and is literally dodging bullets of rain... :P

3 minutes ago, kimplix said:

It's the Metal Virus

image.png.b1ee6c5c40801f87d31f8d3ae53b981c.png

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Seeing Charmy the Bee interact with other characters again would also be the positiveness.

He's one of the best and he needs to survive this Metalocalypes...or something.

I can't tell if this is serious or not.

• Chuckle 1

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I can't tell if this is serious or not.

I like all the characters that exist, so if I say anything about positive about a character...it is truth bullet.

Character interactions are the life blood of any story to this guy, so that's a double truth.