Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

8 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure Amy Rose and Sonic the Hedgehog will tell them about the regen...as it is only natural to do so.

In that scenario, they would know and only attack when necessary. Not needing to repeat the Amy moment.

...I-I meant in the context of this very issue. I was originally saying Amy was picked because she was most ideal for that action and REaction.

Why is there a zombie apocalypse turning people in to slime girls from Shantae and why is it appropriate for a Sonic comic? This new scheme of Eggmans is very generic.

50 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

turning people in to slime girls from Shantae

Chaos & Neo Metal Sonic say "Hi".

tumblr_ozi2piKNSo1uouf1fo2_r1_400.gif

Also, your data has successfully been copied.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Why is there a zombie apocalypse turning people in to slime girls from Shantae and why is it appropriate for a Sonic comic? This new scheme of Eggmans is very generic.

Uh, maybe more like very strange and somewhat out of theme.

So, about Zombots Arc: only I'm going to be a super disappointed if Omega won't show up?

He's the only one immune to virus and he would be allowed to blow up people's heads with reassurance that they will grow back.

This arc is round-shaped hole and he's roller peg with two bazookas for arms.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:27 AM, Sonictrainer said:

Chaos & Neo Metal Sonic say "Hi".

Plus a little inspiration from those guys

• Thumbs Up 5

Lmao "slime girls".

Don't give even more reason for NSFW artists to draw Sonic characters.

Also, don't let Sega take an idea from Nintendo's book and create something that turns people into "ettas" like the Super Crown.

Though, that would create a funny scenario if this thing was put on Rouge and it did virtually nothing but serve as an accessory given her voluptuous ways already.

I'm personally hoping this is a personal challenge for Sonic, not just to keep running but to not give up to the virus, I liked how his mental crisis was handled in Archie's Control (Werehog arc), but this is something new. Still, I feel like making him turn into a zombot in the end is gonna give the other characters some real shine time and have a serious threat to defeat.

Ian said we are gonna see those characters who were supposed to be in the first season… and if those mini-Arks are gonna spread the metal virus rain in cities only, that Leaves untouched: characters who live in the jungle or islands, and robots. I'm not sure where Cream fits into this but she's confirmed for the arc according to Ian. Big will likely save the day as he lives in the jungle, Knuckles lives on Angel Island so he's safe, robots like Omega and Gemerl I don't know… and there is the wildcard that also lives in the jungle… Sticks, even though this arc seems made for her I dunno, Ian is not answering whether she's available or not, might want to keep her as a surprise so I believe she's in.

9 hours ago, Celestia said:

In fairness that would make less sense with something that's a virus that effects you physically (followed by mentally--and I won't be too surprised if we see someone, whether it's Sonic or someone else, resist that part at least), as opposed to like a magical force that could theoretically be resisted.

In the case of Unleashed though, Sonic's very body was warped. If anything, he should have been more affected by Dark Gaia than anybody else. Everyone else (sans the Phoenix) just had a Devil on their shoulder. Sonic became the Devil.

Though yes, Chip's influence is actually more satisfying here. As Dark Gaia's opposite he would logically be able to cancel out the effects, even if only on a small scale.

8 hours ago, Heckboy said:

He's always been supremely confident and genuinely believes in himself, so much so that he isn't susceptible to the corrupting influence of a dark god whose entire shtick is preying on people's doubts and negativity to shatter hope and all things good in the world.

Worth consideration that Pride is the worst of the vices for a reason.

Dark Gaia should have been able to FEAST upon an ego like that.

The idea here is there is darkness in every heart. It's also worth considering the trope of characters who are so supremely confident in their doing good that they end up becoming villains.

2 hours ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Lmao "slime girls".

Don't give even more reason for NSFW artists to draw Sonic characters.

Please, I beg of you all, let's not explore this bit any further.

I never found the sonic dark gaia thing interesting. I have very particular opinions on unleashed in general and that very much plays into it. To put it simply, it's not something I want sonic to deal with. I even found the werehog a very unsonic in a bad way. So I much prefer this, it doesn't require all that. Its sonic dealing with an issue and hopefully he learns from it.

5 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I never found the sonic dark gaia thing interesting. I have very particular opinions on unleashed in general and that very much plays into it. To put it simply, it's not something I want sonic to deal with. I even found the werehog a very unsonic in a bad way. So I much prefer this, it doesn't require all that. Its sonic dealing with an issue and hopefully he learns from it.

I found the wisps to be more Sonicy than the werehog

3 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I found the wisps to be more Sonicy than the werehog

I agree and I hate them

When I say sonicey in this case I don't mean the brand I mean sonic himself.

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

So, about Zombots Arc: only I'm going to be a super disappointing if Omega won't show up?

He's the only one immune to virus and he would be allowed to blow up people's heads with reassurance that they will grow back.

This arc is circle-shaped hole and he's roller block with two bazookas for arms.

Plus a little inspiration from those guys

Has it been confirmed that robots are immune or won't explode like in Archie Sonic?

57 minutes ago, Redbluethunder5 said:

Has it been confirmed that robots are immune or won't explode like in Archie Sonic?

It's implied that the MV only affects organic material. Though Eggman can always mod it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Redbluethunder5 said:

In issue 13 Eggman says "Inorganic or processed material remains inert, meaning my infrastructure is safe from infection or corruption"

So yeah it looks like the virus won't do anything to any existing machines, badniks, or zombots. Although, it's entirely possible Eggman could be proven wrong later on since he's basing that off of tests he's only just conducted. There could well be complications and weaknesses with the virus that appear over longer periods of time or in certain situations.

• Thumbs Up 4

New solicits:

Spoiler

https://previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL118860?type=1

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Diana Skelly (CA) Jonathan Gray
"Victims"! The infection spreads! Sonic's already lost one friend to the spread of the virus and doesn't want to see anyone else corrupted. When Cream the Rabbit's town becomes the latest epicenter, Sonic races to help-but chaos has already started.

Spoiler

Finally Cream

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

See Eggman's genius is apparent here. The spread by contact not only makes the virus capable of exponential growth, but it also accounted for how he understood that he'd probably never get a chance to sandblast Sonic with the stuff.

Bonus points? Sonic's speed works against him here. Because he can't get doused in it, he gets to be infected very slowly... which means he gets to see everyone else turn before him and see how helpless he is.

Current mood is very much:

Wonder who the lucky first friend to lose is.

I don't think Knuckles will be involved in this arc and that's for the better.

He will be in Angel Island unaware of what's going on.

Just now, Ernest the Panda said:

What if the survivors used Angel Island as a refuge?

Chaos appears in times of crises so why not have him have a role in the story? He's not technically mobian so he can help

17 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Chaos appears in times of crises so why not have him have a role in the story? He's not technically mobian so he can help

I'm now extremely curious about what would happen if Chaos got some of the virus on him! He's technically organic but, well, there's not exactly much to his biology. Guess it depends on how the virus interacts with other liquids.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Knuckles will appear in the latter side of the season, as I said. 

Spoiler

Cream was already confirmed but now shown, also Gemerl!

So is Tails the zombot friend now? Or someone else?

And if the miniseries happens during this season, how do Tangle and Whisper avoid all of this crisis?