Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Spoiler

Or Tangle.

BTW, which artist seems to be the best at showing off the Zombots?

Also, I wonder if Gemerl could help make a cure?

9 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

So, about Zombots Arc: only I'm going to be a super disappointing if Omega won't show up?

He's the only one immune to virus and he would be allowed to blow up people's heads with reassurance that they will grow back.

This arc is circle-shaped hole and he's roller block with two bazookas for arms.

Plus a little inspiration from those guys

Yeah, this is like a once in a lifetime chance for him to showoff.

6 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Ian said we are gonna see those characters who were supposed to be in the first season… and if those mini-Arks are gonna spread the metal virus rain in cities only, that Leaves untouched: characters who live in the jungle or islands, and robots. I'm not sure where Cream fits into this but she's confirmed for the arc according to Ian. Big will likely save the day as he lives in the jungle, Knuckles lives on Angel Island so he's safe, robots like Omega and Gemerl I don't know… and there is the wildcard that also lives in the jungle… Sticks, even though this arc seems made for her I dunno, Ian is not answering whether she's available or not, might want to keep her as a surprise so I believe she's in.

Cream, Cheese, Gemerl, and Vanilla live out on a prairie near Neo Green Hill Zone and Leaf Forest Zone.

Omega seems to just go wherever the nearest Eggman influence happens to be.

And yes, this would also a great chance to have Sticks pop up.

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

New solicits:

Hide contents

https://previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL118860?type=1

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Diana Skelly (CA) Jonathan Gray
"Victims"! The infection spreads! Sonic's already lost one friend to the spread of the virus and doesn't want to see anyone else corrupted. When Cream the Rabbit's town becomes the latest epicenter, Sonic races to help-but chaos has already started.

Hide contents

Finally Cream

...Cream has a town?

Also, yay! 😃

EDIT: That cover is awesomely hilarious.

Spoiler

Tangle, Amy, Silver, Tails, the Chaotix. Could be anyone at this point.

...it's gonna be Tails for the fookin feels isn't it.

1 hour ago, Ernest the Panda said:

What if the survivors used Angel Island as a refuge?

Hope they can fly.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Chaos appears in times of crises so why not have him have a role in the story? He's not technically mobian so he can help

Oh shoot, regenerative liquid metal zombots vs immortal water mutant Chao!

38 minutes ago, Joy said:

I'm now extremely curious about what would happen if Chaos got some of the virus on him! He's technically organic but, well, there's not exactly much to his biology. Guess it depends on how the virus interacts with other liquids.

Spoiler

For some reason, the first thing that comes to mind is the Krudzu Hybrid Hydra.

10 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Hide contents

Or Tangle.

Also, I wonder if Gemerl could help make a cure?

Hoo...

Is there precedent for something like that?

I gotta admit Cream surrounded by horrible liquid robot zombies and still smiling and waving hi to Sonic is pretty cute.

• Thumbs Up 3

Finally, Cream made it! Her exclusion was such an odd choice, but I'm glad she's finally in especially after they denied her a driving licence in TSR. lol  

4 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Finally, Cream made it! Her exclusion was such an odd choice, but I'm glad she's finally in especially after they denied her a driving licence in TSR. lol  

It wasn't really(or at all, but let's work in tandem) odd choice so much as a part of a collective pushback that in her case happened to press in on a growing trend.

Cream looks excellent.

But why does Cheese look like a droplet?

Chao are hard to get correct, that must be the case.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Hoo...

Is there precedent for something like that?

I don't think so? I think the only character who got created to help cure diseases was shad , but that was... never addressed outside of backstory lore. But gemril entire existence is so nebulous that I don't think sega cares what you do with him, so there doesn't really need to be precedent. Gemril can't be Sonic battle Gemril for several reasons, but he can be whatever you want. Even basically other characters as demonstrated in the archie reboot. Why not be a magical robo fix

12 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Cream looks excellent.

But why does Cheese look like a droplet?

Chao are hard to get correct, that must be the case.

Yeah, I was just thinking, one of the good aspects of the cover is the fact that Blue Sonic, Black Gemerl, and Cream Cream all look like they belong in the same image, without one really popping next to another.

Which makes Kung-Fu PPGRRB up there look all the more whacked.

9 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think so? I think the only character who got created to help cure diseases was shad , but that was... never addressed outside of backstory lore. But gemril, but gemril's entire existence is so nebulous that I don't think sega cares what you do with him, so there doesn't really need to be precedent. Gemril can't be Sonic battle Gemril for several reasons, but he can be whatever you want. Even basically other characters as demonstrated in the archie reboot. Why not be a magical robo fix

I meant in terms of Emerl's capabilities.

And to be fair, Gemerl was likely still channeling some variation of Sonic's personality in Archie.

9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

It wasn't really(or at all, but let's work in tandem) odd choice so much as a part of a collective pushback that in her case happened to press in on a growing trend.

What does that mean? Looks like I'm out of the loop on something.

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I meant in terms of Emerl's capabilities.

And to be fair, Gemerl was likely still channeling some variation of Sonic's personality in Archie.

Unless i forgot something don't think so. He can copy folks real good. That's about it. And while that may be true, they basically made him a character that was retconned out after the reboot hapened. As long as you don't reference sonic battle or have gemeril interact with some characters, I don't thinks sega cares what gets done with him. He's an interesting clean slate. He is unlike anyone in the sonic roster right now, which is ironically enough, like his original incarnation gameplaywise

Just now, Detective Kaito said:

What does that mean? Looks like I'm out of the loop on something.

She & Cheese, Gemerl, and Omega amongst a few others were all intended to be in Year 1 originally, but during the actual production process(for perhaps the final scripts at the latest), there were spatial and focal limitations that needed to be addressed.

So they all ended up being left out for the purpose of making things less cluttered so the focus of the collective arc would be more manageable. Which was a wellmade constructive/pragmatic decision and given how Year 1 turned out, for the best.

• Thumbs Up 1

image.png.573c6cb35f5ddc77d9152b7a53280cb7.png

I wish I noticed this immediately, this is good.

Evil Flickies, they have a tendency to be more dangerous to cats than regular Flickies.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

Evil Flickies, they have a tendency to be more dangerous to cats than regular Flickies.

Wow and I scanned the crowd for any notable designs too.

5 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

As long as you don't have gemeril interact with some characters

Uuuh....what? You wanna clarify that a bit?

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Uuuh....what? You wanna clarify that a bit?

I don't think its like a ban. Its just that sonic battle is mad retconned ,and the gemril we got ain't the same gemril. So its like, you could have gemril strike up a conversation with shadow or eggman. But he isn't the same character, so there's like no value in that. What i'm saying is, as long you don't try and like connect some narrative strings that have long sense severed. Gemril is an empty slate, and that's interesting.

As far as I know sega has not interaction restrictions? I think?I Hope not

4 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think its like a ban. Its just that sonic battle is mad retconned ,and the gemril we got ain't the same gemril. So its like, you could have gemril strike up a conversation with shadow or eggman. But he isn't the same character, so there's like no value in that. What i'm saying is, as long you don't try and like connect some narrative strings that have long sense severed. Gemril is an empty slate, and that's interesting.

As far as I know sega has not interaction restrictions? I think?I Hope not

Ian was seemingly making Battle canon to post-SGW Archie, so why would he suddenly not be allowed to here?

18 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Diana Skelly is a blessing. 

6 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Ian was seemingly making Battle canon to post-SGW Archie, so why would he suddenly not be allowed to here?

No one said he isn't allowed, he's right there. He's just a different dude. Shadow the hedgehog retcons the crap out of that game,  and it leaves him an empty slate. Its why gemril got literally used to be the soul vessel of another character.

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I'd love if Diana Skelly designs some main characters, her civilian designs are the best.

She's pretty cool

3 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

I'm so glad Cream make it , it's about time to give her some love .

It would be messed up if she saw her mom turn into a goopbot. By the way i'm calling em goopbots.

17 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

No one said he isn't allowed, he's right there. He's just a different dude. Shadow the hedgehog retcons the crap out of that game,  and it leaves him an empty slate. Its why gemril got literally used to be the soul vessel of another character.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/1109162060896714752

He did say this when I asked if the Advanced games and Battle were canon.

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

It would be messed up if she saw her mom turn into a goopbot. By the way i'm calling em goopbots.

It would hard be moment for her , but it could drive her to be stronger , so she could save her mom .