Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

2 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/1109162060896714752

He did say this when I asked if the Advanced games and Battle were canon.

I'm not gonna extrapolate anything from that beyond " We can use this character. Can't talk about those games " . I'm just gonna say gemril is problably gonna continue being a different dude.

1 minute ago, Gumbit said:

It would hard be moment for her , but it could drive her to be stronger , so she could save her mom .

Would be a bit of tear jerker yeah

28 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

No one said he isn't allowed, he's right there. He's just a different dude. Shadow the hedgehog retcons the crap out of that game, and it leaves him an empty slate. Its why gemril got literally used to be the soul vessel of another character.

...you do know that Gemerl isn't Emerl and is his own, separate character, right?

Also, we already debunked the notion that Shadow the Hedgehog rewrites anything about Gizoids, since it doesn't even mention them at any point in the game or anything that happens in Battle or Advance 3.

You know this sort of peril is up Team Darks alley so why isn't Shadow and his team important in this arc and trying to stop him the most(it involves technolgical based cyberpunk problems with a mad scientist about to kill off life on earth), or maybe that's overkill for poor Eggman since shadow is immune to disease and a living half magic/half alien super weapon that's driven by justice and hate plus equal to the fastest thing alive, a Morally neutral super spy and highly intelligent bat their that rivals the strongest fighter/treasure hunter in the world, and a hyper advanced automation that is literally a death machine designed to fight and kill god level beings on Shadow and Mephiles level.

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

...you do know that Gemerl isn't Emerl and is his own, separate character, right?

Also, we already debunked the notion that Shadow the Hedgehog rewrites anything about Gizoids, since it doesn't even mention them at any point in the game or anything that happens in Battle or Advance 3.

You didn't. But i'm not finna get into this argument again. Believe what you want.

I just think, beliving that is uh... silly to say the least. For a number of reasons, shadow's game... what that game means... sega's track record, ect.

But who cares really. None of this matters, my point was that Germeril is a black slate and that's cool, and ian has an oppertunity.

18 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

You know this sort of peril is up Team Darks alley so why isn't Shadow important in this arc(it involves technolgical based cyberpunk problems with a mad scientist about to kill off life to invade earth), or maybe that's overkill for poor Eggman since shadow is immune to disease and a living half magic/half alien super weapon that's driven by justice and hate.

Because shadow doesn't need to show up all the time.

I'm a shadow fan. I am  , I love the guy and his edgy face. Believe you me, but maybe, MAYBE. Other characters are worth investing time into and seeing their reactions to the situaton. Maybe other characters are also important and that's ok. Yes, we are basically owed a shadow moment at the end of all this,  there are narrative issues. But that doesn't really mean shadow has to be everywhere. This book has limited room, and we aren't at the point yet where we have spin off material books in which we can use that to dedicate whole swaths of times to characters. Knuckles is another popular guy who is also yet to be seen my guy.

Calm down and wait. Shadow will be here. Just chill dude

I say this as a man who wants a shadow spin off book, so I can see him all the time. Just chill dude. Just chill

Ian is hinting at 2 more game characters showing up... Big and Omega easily. Which concludes the ones intended to show up in season 1.

14 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Ian is hinting at 2 more game characters showing up... Big and Omega easily. Which concludes the ones intended to show up in season 1.

Its clear chip and marine.

Fan favorites

Fan Favorites?

Most definitely.

I do not think they were intended to appear before, unless Blaze is coming back and she only left to go get Marine.

That's really nice to think about.

Cream seems really chipper about the Zombot Apocalypse. I guess she's just happy something grave enough happened to bring her out of early retirement.

"Oh yeah, my mom turned into a Zombie. Guess how many stabs I had to make before she finally stopped moving, Mr. Sonic."

"...Uh."

"HURRAY! I'M PART OF THE TEAM AGAIN!"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4

Uh...that would add a slightly more interesting aspect to her "polite girl" personality.

It's like if Sonic was a little girl.

Taking threats seriously and being mentally affected by them isn't the same thing.

She too can be a thrill seeker.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Uh...that would add a slightly more interesting aspect to her "polite girl" personality.

It's like if Sonic was a little girl.

Taking threats seriously and being mentally affected by them isn't the same thing.

She too can be a thrill seeker.

huh

what if she being absolutely fearless some kind of new mandate for SEGA lmao

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 3

This guy is tempted to ask if that's real.

So it goes.

Is that real? And if so, is that actual dialogue?

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

This guy is tempted to ask if that's real.

So it goes.

Is that real? And if so, is that actual dialogue?

This is real, actual dialogue. Is from SEGA Heroes.

ngl I would love if that was the case.

I too would like that.

Kid characters who aren't phased by the non-sense around the most positive kid characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Diana Skelly is a blessing. 

Oh, is it her? 

Well that certainly explains Cheese. :smile:

5 hours ago, SBR2 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/1109162060896714752

He did say this when I asked if the Advanced games and Battle were canon.

He's been consistent about that since before the comic came out. 

5 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

He was referring to people saying that Gemerl was meant act like Shard in Archie. 

4 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

You know this sort of peril is up Team Darks alley so why isn't Shadow and his team important in this arc and trying to stop him the most(it involves technolgical based cyberpunk problems with a mad scientist about to kill off life on earth), or maybe that's overkill for poor Eggman since shadow is immune to disease and a living half magic/half alien super weapon that's driven by justice and hate plus equal to the fastest thing alive, a Morally neutral super spy and highly intelligent bat their that rivals the strongest fighter/treasure hunter in the world, and a hyper advanced automation that is literally a death machine designed to fight and kill god level beings on Shadow and Mephiles level.

I'm sure they'll pop up eventually. 

Also, Omega was meant to contain Shadow specifically. He was such a hard hitter towards Mephiles because he copied Shadow's form, in addition to not being that durable beyond his immortality in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Was Big supposed to be in Year One as well? 

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Fan Favorites?

Most definitely.

I do not think they were intended to appear before, unless Blaze is coming back and she only left to go get Marine.

That's really nice to think about.

Marine ending up in another dimension herself would be an interesting development and/or way to introduce her. 

9 hours ago, Joy said:

I'm now extremely curious about what would happen if Chaos got some of the virus on him! He's technically organic but, well, there's not exactly much to his biology. Guess it depends on how the virus interacts with other liquids.

Considering how much of an organic body is water, whether actual water or part of a compound, he should logically be just as screwed as anyone else.

We think of ourselves as solid, but we're pretty squishy apart from bones!

On the other hand, the virus is "turning" things into metal. Going by the science fiction behind that, it's possibly actually repurposing metals like iron and calcium (and non-metals like carbon, which can be condensed into diamond, the hardest substance), etc. inside an individual's body, while the water in the body explains the squishy, malleable texture of the zombots. Chaos presumably has none of the harder elements, so he should be fine.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some intense heat at work to make the virus do its job (dissolving preexisting chemical bonds and all that), so... Chaos might just end up evaporating like he got Thanos'd. That's its own breed of horrifying.

• Promotion 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Cream seems really chipper about the Zombot Apocalypse. I guess she's just happy something grave enough happened to bring her out of early retirement.

Ch'yeah, ikr?

""It seems the peaceful days of tending my garden will have to wait..."

1 hour ago, JosepHenry said:

huh

Hey, if people are doing Hardcore!Cream memes now, can we actually got her vs. Zavok?

Also, shoutout to JadeJFox's comment.

This is real, actual dialogue. Is from SEGA Heroes.

ngl I would love if that was the case.

What the...WHY?! :joy: 

58 minutes ago, Legosi (Ogilvie) said:

Considering how much of an organic body is water, whether actual water or part of a compound, he should logically be just as screwed as anyone else.

That would be my first logical thought as well.

58 minutes ago, Legosi (Ogilvie) said:

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some intense heat at work to make the virus do its job (dissolving preexisting chemical bonds and all that), so... Chaos might just end up evaporating like he got Thanos'd. That's its own breed of horrifying.

Ew...that's a disarming thought.

• Chuckle 1

huh

Ok I'm not going to lie I don't really get the appeal of Cream but this is pretty great. I can't help but read this in her typical sweet voice and it cracks me up. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Ok I'm not going to lie I don't really get the appeal of Cream but this is pretty great. I can't help but read this in her typical sweet voice and it cracks me up. 

I think its cause shes polite and a cute little bunny. Otherwise she really bring noting to the table in terms of story or power. she does get along with gmerl i guess?

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

I thought Gemerl was Emerl rebuilt?

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I think its cause shes polite and a cute little bunny. Otherwise she really bring noting to the table in terms of story or power. she does get along with gmerl i guess?

Cream also brings Vanilla into the story, which is great because the world needs at least a few adults to prop up in a world full of teenagers. Then there is the on again off again sidekick potential she has with Amy.

On that note, we need a little more Vanilla sprinkled in here and there. I liked how Amy kind of had to report back to her regarding Cream's adventures in Archie. It was cute.

• Thumbs Up 1

In Battle we had Emerl who was destroyed at the end.

In Sonic Advance 3 Eggman rebuilt him as Gemerl and made him evil, he was again destroyed at the end. But Tails rebuilt him and made him good.

Then in the comics Ian Flynn gave him a personality just like he gave Silver a personality

It's not hard to understand.

CobDZ1-WAAA06yY.jpgd7njnx0-ef16d5a9-9db2-4c1f-9daa-a3ced11fSonic_Gemerl_Transformed.png43cf7e3823f6c85e461e532097772adc487bdf0f

10 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

...just like he gave Silver a personality

Hey dude bro, don't be throwing shots like that.

Silver had a personality.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, StaticMania said:

Hey dude bro, don't be throwing shots like that.

Silver had a personality.

Flynn makes the characters more interesting and gives them more personality.