Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

That would be why she was aged up, not the other thing.

He also never kinda sorta does except in Sonic X, so ya know...that's a thing.

And also all the other promotional material/media that features both Sonic and Amy to tease at the "thing".

ST doesn't need for Sonic to confirm/deny what they themselves have been playing with for years, so yeah, it's like Ernest Panda said: they wouldn't go with it while keeping Amy as an 8 year old without looking odd. regardless of Sonic's stand.

18 minutes ago, Razule said:

He's too short to be 16. What 16 year old is 3 feet tall?

16 year olds who are cartoon animals? :P

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skull Leader said:

And also all the other promotional material/media that features both Sonic and Amy to tease at the "thing".

What the heck are you referring to? Sonic Boom, the Comics, the comics, the other comics, what is it?

I'm just not so sure.

16 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

None of the Sonic characters parents ever get acknowledge by the story so where exactly did all the adults go? 

Everyone except Cream is an orphan. Adults were culled in the Great War.

10 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

16 year olds who are cartoon animals? :P

Naaah, everyone should be human height or bust. Realism, my dude

• Chuckle 1

The ages are fine. Sonic's world is already incredibly insane. I don't find it too hard to believe that what a 15-year-old is over there is way different from what a 15-year-old is over here. I can't see any reason as to why that would matter that much. It's not even like they're that unbelievable anyway. Someone on here said they act like they're probably 2 or 3 years older than their stated ages right?

Well than, let that be the amount of time it takes for an entire year to pass in Sonic's world. It's obviously not the same amount of time as ours. Not at this point.

The only one I'd change is Vector, simply to get him over the drinking age hump. The poor bastard. Stuck at 20 forever.

• Chuckle 7

9 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

What the heck are you referring to? Sonic Boom, the Comics, the comics, the other comics, what is it?

I'm just not so sure.

Everything.

Regardless of what you or anyone else thinks about the "thing" (like it/hate it, don't really care), one would have to be pretty dense to pretend that ST does not do it deliberately push it as a way of teasing. That's why I also said that regardless of Sonic's stance. they would not had pushed it had Amy continued to be 12 since he'd be double the girl's age. (and speaking of age, I wonder if they'll address classic Amy's given her return of the Classic Universe with the Mania shorts)

And this is pretty much the last I will say on the matter as I don't want to drag this into a silly shipping discussion.

1 hour ago, Skull Leader said:

...one would have to be pretty dense to pretend that ST does not do it deliberately push it as a way of teasing.

This is accurate.

But I can say that the games don't do this, so I'm pretty lucky.

Of course, if you only meant "teasing" as teasing...then it's whatever.

It kinda stretches my suspension of disbelief to think that a parent would name their kid "Sonic". I say SEGA should give everyone Real Names like ya boi Miles.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

It's said to be completed, the only thing not done was the colors.

I wish I could find it.

D*mn - I wonder how to find that and if it will ever show up again!

3 hours ago, Razule said:

It kinda stretches my suspension of disbelief to think that a parent would name their kid "Sonic". I say SEGA should give everyone Real Names like ya boi Miles.

I've seen worse. Never doubt the sheer unrivaled brilliance of parents trying to think of creative or original names for their kids.

(come to think of it, some airline employee just got in trouble a dew days ago for making fun of a kid named Abcde)

There is some official Japanese art of classic Sonic and Amy holding hands which could be inprented Sonic returning Amy's feelings slighty ? if I AM not mistaken isnt Classic Sonic a younger version anyway? Regardless of the whole different universe whatever thing , Generations treat classic Sonic as ""kid Sonic""

It stretches suspension of disbelief if you think Sonic's world has the same convention for naming as we do, which is a large assumption to make considering Sonic Team have gone out of their way to make Sonic's world different to Earth. 

Besides, regular naming convention isn't that different anyway. A lot of names mean basic stuff when translated from their native language (eg Sara and Sally both mean princess, Amy means beloved, Dulcinea (REAL NAME BTW) means sweet etc), and the surnames are worse (A lot either are just a profession (eg Smith), or notify being the child of another (eg Jackson)).

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, FFWF said:

The ages are irrelevant, which is why they're barely ever mentioned and never emphasised.

Indeed.

Characters' age is the Sonic equivalent of Kirby being 8 inch tall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Indeed ages are irrelevant  , Which is why I don't find Cream age's restricted her from fighting or driving a car .

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gumbit said:

Indeed ages are irrelevant  , Which is why I don't find Cream age's restricted her from fighting or driving a car .

Is Joke.

The jokey kind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Both Cream and Charmy have fought more than once and they have the same age.

Also, the reason why Cream and Charmy are not in Team Sonic Racing is not their age: those characters are in the Riders series and the Chao, despite being babies, drive a car.

Also Espio is not too young, though he has been excluded as well.

Characters' age are just indicative stuff made for having a complete character profile. The point is, if Knuckles is really 16 years old and he's the only Echidna survived, who raised him? Shouldn't his parent/s and/or mentor still be alive?

The answare to this is: age doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

The ages are irrelevant, which is why they're barely ever mentioned and never emphasised.

That's pretty much what I was getting at. 

I think Dr Starline has been one of the best characters so far. His intro was sudden but not over the top ,  and there's still a ton of mystery behind him. I think he has the potential to be very memorable.

Didn't expect the Zombot virus to go full T-1000 on us.

Spoiler

Regarding upcoming issues: Welcome to IDW Cream.

15 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Yo, who is these 2 characters? These names don't look familiarity.

The goat mayor of Windmill Village and the skittish ewe(?) from the second issue.

15 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I’m assuming Elder Scruffy (the goat mayor from issues 5 and 6) and the background sheep character from issue 2.

Correct.

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

The goat mayor of Windmill Village and the skittish ewe(?) from the second issue.

I believe Lanolin is a lamb.

10 hours ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

There is some official Japanese art of classic Sonic and Amy holding hands which could be inprented Sonic returning Amy's feelings slighty ? if I AM not mistaken isnt Classic Sonic a younger version anyway? Regardless of the whole different universe whatever thing , Generations treat classic Sonic as ""kid Sonic""

Classic Sonic is 15 year old Modern Sonic's younger 15 year old self.

59 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I believe Lanolin is a lamb.

A ewe is a female lamb. 

Of course, she had horns, which could suggest that she's actually some sort of fluffy goat.