Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

5 hours ago, KoDaiko said:
  Hide contents

I wonder how many people got fooled and didn't watch the real version? It only has like 17 views rn.

i dont know where it is

6 hours ago, Your Vest Friend said:

And somehow it's the real version that has the DK Rap reference. 

Flynn makes a video game reference??? I must be in Bizzaro World or something.

I don't want to band the same drum over and over, but I wonder if Zombot Apocalypse will take place in factory, beach resort or we will once again visit a generic city again.

Personally I demand Green Hill any place with loop-de-loop. I want Sonic pass one while army of dumb zombies fail to build momentum and get stuck like my mum trying to play Sonic 1.

11 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

i dont know where it is

They made it public now, but there was a link waaay down in the video description (the Patreon Ads section).

I'm sure most people wouldn't bother reading it unlike me, who doesn't have the patience to sit through an hour long video and looks at the Q&A list first.

The long tangent in the Unpopular Opinions thread brought to mind...What was up with people being so insulted by civilians being happy to see/meet Sonic in the first few issues?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

The long tangent in the Unpopular Opinions thread brought to mind...What was up with people being so insulted by civilians being happy to see/meet Sonic in the first few issues?

I legit have no idea. I swear this fandom gets worked up over the smallest things. 

• Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I heard some say that it was because the robots that Sonic took down were nothing to be scared of and that the villagers were made useless to make Sonic look better,despite the fact that they were soldiers as well and should have been able to fight on their own. At least that is what those people said

4 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I legit have no idea. I swear this fandom gets worked up over the smallest things. 

Some of the IDW Sonic critics nitpick at everything its not even funny

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

Some of the IDW Sonic critics nitpick at everything its not even funny

Sadly, ALL Sonic fans seem to nitpick at everything. Look at the movie. The entire fanbase lost their collective mind over his legs.

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Sadly, ALL Sonic fans seem to nitpick at everything. Look at the movie. The entire fanbase lost their collective mind over his legs.

I wouldn't really say that's a nitpick. The legs are part of what makes the design so grotesque and unappealing.

Not to say that Sonic fans aren't ever nitpicky, but just in that particular instance I think criticism is justified.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Apparently everyone has to be a leg person.

Face it, some people don't like legs...get over it.

Yeah, but.. They're just legs. It seems like such a miniscule thing to get worked up about 

If they jacked up Sonic's face, that would be one thing, if he had blue arms (which it looks like he does) that'd be irritating.. But legs?

You can't honestly expect him to have those noodle-like appendages he has in the cartoons & games in a live-action movie, can you?

Anyway, off topic I guess.

1 minute ago, Myst said:

Yeah, but.. They're just legs. It seems like such a miniscule thing to get worked up about 

If they jacked up Sonic's face, that would be one thing, if he had blue arms (which it looks like he does) that'd be irritating.. But legs?

You can't honestly expect him to have those noodle-like appendages he has in the cartoons & games in a live-action movie, can you?

I'd think it was less the legs themselves and more what the legs implied for the rest of the body. 

3 hours ago, Myst said:

... I don't know if I'd qualify that as a nitpick.

Like, even people who weren't Sonic fans made fun of those weird, hairy, alien man legs.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Myst said:

If they jacked up Sonic's face, that would be one thing, if he had blue arms (which it looks like he does) that'd be irritating.. But legs?

Anyway, off topic I guess.

Oh fuck no we are NOT pulling this horseshit again. Stop stanning for the movies by insulting other arguments or we'll start dishing out immediate strikes.

Also what the fuck? I thought this was the comic thread, not Paramount's Sonic fan film by creative art director Ken Penders. Get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 6

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Also what the fuck? I thought this was the comic thread, not Paramount's Sonic fan film by creative art director Ken Penders.

Y'know, I think the movie would look a LOT worse if done by modern-day Penders. Or worse, Many Hands.

Anyways, truly back on topic, why do y'all think the annual was delayed?

22 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Anyways, truly back on topic, why do y'all think the annual was delayed?

This is from the Sonic Comics Squad on FB-

tumblr_pot0kagW2i1udzlioo1_1280.jpg

ALSO the cover for Tangle & Whisper #0-

tumblr_inline_ppdfarbQ8y1taxesp_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

If it's going to feel like a book when I hold it then there's a chance I might have some trouble putting that in a binder. Gonna have to invest in an actual book shelf. All the Manga I have is running out of space in the wardrobe cabinet I have. One Piece itself takes up 2 of the 3 rows in it.

Ah, a logo, somehow this was entirely invisible before.

image.png.a42509c4f215bb5f48da5d9bc52fa84a.png

This is a nice banner, simple logo for simple characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

Evan has some more WIPS, most likely for the Tangle Whisper issue-

Spoiler

tumblr_pph2bdxi741rcatnso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pph2bdxi741rcatnso1_1280.jpg

Lookin pretty nice!

• Thumbs Up 5