Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

40 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Blood Wolf Moon?

That thing that happened a couple months back with the moon where two different phenomenons (a lunar eclipse and supermoon) happened at the same time. It looked exactly the way it does on that cover.

So to move on to the next ranked

On 3/23/2019 at 11:58 AM, DabigRG said:

So, what do ya'll think of each of the original characters and how they've been used & developed thus far? What do you hope to see happen and/or progress with them in the future?

On 3/23/2019 at 10:03 PM, DabigRG said:

2. Dr. Starline

Dr. Starline is definitely the most productive and maybe substantial of IDW's new characters, if not Whisper. The weird tailed platypus is the primary coordinator of the events that led to the current arc, having freed Rough n Tumble, sent them to retrieve Mr. Tinker, and used psychoshock therapy to eventually restore his memories as Dr. Eggman. Thus, he is now a promoted fanboy who acts as an assistant/enabler to his recent operations.

Also similar to Whisper, Starline is a character that has something of a clear position in the series and has a certain amount of mystery around him. In his case, he claims to have made his career following the many attempts of conquest the Doctor has made, even considering his animosity with Sonic to be extraordinary. There's also the matters of how he acquired the Warp Topaz, what are his personal intentions regarding his fascination, how might actually working with Eggman affect his work in the future, and where exactly does he hail from.

Thus far, he's been a character who's shown promise and actually had things happen, which is probably why many seem to gravitate around him. With that said, I think he's a little above okay as a character in himself. His final design, which is something of a sendup to Dr. Finitevus, is kinda middling. Like, it seems decent enough overall, but I kinda feel the moosed to the side hair, the weird tail, and the color scheme can be a little odd.

When it comes to expectations for him in the future, I think it's safe to say he is probably still due to some major developments(once again, much like Whisper). Those questions I brought up before and/or offshoots of them could likely provide material for stories down the road and there's still this just starting arc to no doubt provide more movements and interactions with him.

And my theory on the last question?

Spoiler

He may be a scientist from Silver's future who traveled back in time to observe Eggman's actions up close once the Phantom Ruby warped with the timeline. Kind of a contrast to fellow future [attempted] scientist Dr. Nega, he is obsessed with Eggman's action in the present out of appreciation for how hectic things used to be due to his actions.

While at work today, I had the thought that Ian Flynn might post a "Knowing smile" soon. 

I come home from work and there's a "Knowing Smile" on his twitter.

Guys, I think I'm psychic! 

But, you know, that lame kind of psychic thats easily confused with pure coincidence over something fairly trivial at a random point in time.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:49 PM, Sonictrainer said:

Textless Version of Issue 18 Created by Nerfuffle

Hide contents

idw_sonic_cover_18_by_nerfuffle_dd305lr-

I’m taking it with a grin of salt due to being a cover but...

Spoiler

If they reversed Sonic’s infection in less then three issues, I’m gonna be royally pissed.