Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Whisper the Wolf's also got a problem: she's hunting down an incredibly dangerous enemy named Sonic the Hedgehog!

Wait what?

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe it's connected to the plot about the metal virus and Whisper is tracking Sonic down because he's infected. Or IDW mistakenly wrote Sonic instead of Shadow. Either way I'm interested. 

Yeah I assume it's going to tie in to the virus storyline, makes sense to me that there'd be at least SOMEONE concerned about Sonic running around while infected. It's totally possible it's a (really funny!) mistake tho'.

• Thumbs Up 3

Got some new covers. Cover A for issue 19 and cover B for issue 1 of the Tangle and Whisper miniseries

D4iekn0WAAABWKL.jpg:large

• "Crisis City, Part 1"
  • Eggman's reign of terror continues! Sonic races to help Team Dark rescue civilians from a major city, but his own Metal Virus infection is getting worse!
  • Outnumbered, how long can Sonic outrun the inevitable? And who else will fall?

D4ifTRCWsAE3HjF.jpg:large

• Tangle & Whisper are a classic odd-couple in this adventurous team-up!
  • Tangle the Lemur's got a problem: there's not enough action in her life!
  • Whisper the Wolf's also got a problem: she's hunting down an incredibly dangerous enemy named Sonic the Hedgehog!
  • Can Tangle and Whisper help each other solve their problems, or will they just make things worse?

7 minutes ago, kimplix said:

• Tangle the Lemur's got a problem: there's not enough action in her life!

First World Problems

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

So it looks like I was right about Sonic just helping out until his time limit is up.

1 hour ago, kimplix said:

Tangle & Whisper are a classic odd-couple in this adventurous team-up!

What does it mean?!?

10 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

What does it mean?!?

...it means they are a classic odd-couple in this adventurous team-up.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

Some new info about the character in the annual covers, spoiler box'd just in case, as well as some other info.

Spoiler

The girl's name is Jewel and she's a beetle. Not a bee or a ladybug. She partially reminds me of Saffron though.

Tangle Whisper miniseries will show more of the Variable Wispon

Babylon Rouges appearing is a big "maybe". Source is from Tails Channel.

Also I really like that Tangle Whisper #1 cover.

• Thumbs Up 4

So, considering that the past games events now happened completely identically to their game selves (unlike in Archie where it was mostly identical) , will this apply to future games, or will they receive adaptations? 

Concerning that, could we get side stories showing what everyone else was doing during Unleashed?

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

So, considering that the past games events now happened completely identically to their game selves (unlike in Archie where it was mostly identical) , will this apply to future games, or will they receive adaptations? 

Concerning that, could we get side stories showing what everyone else was doing during Unleashed?

Probably depends. 

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, StaticMania said:

What does it mean?!?

That everybody's favorite odd-couple (Sonic and Antoine) have serious competition! :o 

10 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

I thought they said the opposite? Specifically that the past events in the comics were “inspired by” the games but are not supposed to be thought of as the same.

I personally find that idea really cool. It’s like if Pre-SGW Archie Sonic had started at the 220’s or something, and you go in with the knowledge that events inspired by the games had already happened in the past and, in this instance, that’s totally accurate because a lot of the adaptations back then were incredibly loose.

Read the zero issue of Tangle & Whisper. It was pretty nice for a free issue.

Though the fact that it's revealed that the Babylon Rogues appeared in the annual makes it clear that the annual should have been released by now.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a preview alright. Kinda cute, kinda makes you intrigued. It's hard to judge a dang 5 pages, but I guess it does what it job alrigh. Although

Spoiler

If Sonic and Whispers are 'training' or something stupid like that, I'm booing this hard.

Also, new character. Look closely at color of her headpiece. Kinda neat.

3 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

It's a preview alright. Kinda cute, kinda makes you intrigued. It's hard to judge a dang 5 pages, but I guess it does what it job alrigh. Although

Reveal hidden contents

If Sonic and Whispers are 'training' or something stupid like that, I'm booing this hard.

I don't really see anything wrong with

them training.

23 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Hide contents

What does this mean? Is it code?

35 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

What does this mean? Is it code?

I mean "Boy, that's kinda interesting cliff hanger. It would be a shame if it was a blatant misdirection to trick into buying the damn thing." I guess I shouldn't put quotation marks around the verb. (So no, it wasn't a code for shipping)

You know, if you google "jewel Sonic". You'll get pictures of several bland OCs, but I'm guessing it will change over time. I guess IDW/Archie's main job is to slowly purge internet of Sonic fan characters (or at least make them less visible).

4 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Oh shoot, that's quaint considering where I left off. 

Anyway, I guess I'll look into it while I'm about.

5 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Hide contents

Though the fact that it's revealed that the Babylon Rogues appeared in the annual makes it clear that the annual should have been released by now.

Annual?

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Hide contents

Also, new character. Look closely at color of her headpiece. Kinda neat.

Spoiler

Oh what, Dragonball Super?

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

I don't really see anything wrong with

Hide contents

them training.

Uh, well considering it was mentioned in the solicit. as a significant plot point..