1 hour ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Previews for IDW Sonic #16!

Hide contents

tumblr_pquw0fvJbO1tz2tw8_540.jpg

tumblr_pquw0gvdOI1tz2tw8_540.jpg

tumblr_pquw0gOkLO1tz2tw8_540.jpg

Tangle having a bike is kinda cute.

Love the artstyle!!

I hope the other artists will keep the same exagerated shapes of Tails's workshop

The workshop looks like it could pass for a heavily-renovated version of his Sonic Adventure workshop (looking at the waterwheel and the big dome-like structure at the back. Not to mention the visible mountain wall to the left).

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Razule said:

Is that the Mystic Ruins base?

Yes it is!!

How's that for the 2 world nonsense?

3 human world locations confirmed in IDW Sonic !

37 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

What do you mean, game elements of the character you wish they wouldn't use?

I suppose that can count, but I was talking about how the characters are depicted in general.

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

Yes it is!!

How's that for the 2 world nonsense?

3 human world locations confirmed in IDW Sonic !

Yeesh.

3 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Previews for IDW Sonic #16!

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_pquw0fvJbO1tz2tw8_540.jpg

tumblr_pquw0gvdOI1tz2tw8_540.jpg

tumblr_pquw0gOkLO1tz2tw8_540.jpg

Tangle having a bike is kinda cute.

I love Tangle I don't care what anyone says. Plus Diana draws her so precious here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I finally got issue 0 of Tangle and Whisper a week late, but my comic shop guy was shorted his shipment so now I won't get the annual for at least two weeks.

I enjoy Tangle as well and found her treat in the annual and issue 0 of her and Whisper's miniseries.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Well, that was easy.

Better not be actually easy.

It'd be dumb.

Sonic is only putting off the infection process with his speed. It's not gone. If I had to guess this will be less and less effective over time. We see it on the covers all the way to the Shadow issue so far.

Nice to see the Sonic Adventure place again. Now if only we could see other rooms. I still head canon Tails has a Sonic plush for bed XP.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

So, for those less than satisfied with annual: how would you make a 6-8 page small stories?

I think I would give a goodbye for Knuckles leaving Resistance and acknowledge the long question: how was he a leader? As Knux is about to leave Restoration has some kind of problem, which he fixes by being stubborn, never giving up and inspirational to the other. On last page I would show that Amy was close to breakdown in Forces (just like Tails), but Knuckles gave her mental support.

Here's my take: Amy was the leader all along, but Knuckles took the mantle in public so that in case things went really bad, Eggman would go after him, allowing for Amy to escape and keep the fight going. That is the only compromise I can see where Amy is acknowledged and Knuckles makes a smart decision for the greater good.

I would also love to see something like that exchange Amy and Knuckles had when they were collecting the ME shards in the last Sonic Universe arc, but this time with the roles inverted and Knuckles seeing the positives of Amy to cheer her up.

Maybe Knuckles thinks he's the leader, but Amy didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise.

I always got impression was that Knuckles was the one who stepped up when Tails wasn't around to aid them and no one else felt like taking the position, so they agreed to make him the Commander.

In the context of IDW though, Amy saying she was the one keeping the Resistance itself organized can at best be a way to justify how it managed to run as well as it did and handwave her seemingly being tech support in the game.

18 minutes ago, Razule said:

Maybe Knuckles thinks he's the leader, but Amy didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise.

I'd say more or less this. Knuckles is the face of the resistance, he's the Tough Guy Making Serious Decisions, but Amy's the actual brains of the operation and does the thankless work of actually keeping shit running.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Razule said:

I'm not happy, nor will be, with how roles were handled in Forces but come on... I still like Knuckles and think that like Amy, he's the kind of character that knows when to be silly and when to do the sensible thing instead of making him a flanderized one-note gag.

I personally think Amy was the character who would had step in after Sonic and Tails go missing (no other character has motive as personal as Amy... despite whay ST decided to go with), but can't do everything alone since she's just a kid, but with a charisma and way to bring others together for the greater good. What if Knuckles was among the very first to see this and decides to join Amy, becoming her most trusted ally and friend? The old comic showed that they can have a very endearing dynamic as Ian Flynn already showed how Amy can bond with Knuckles as a friend in a manner that neither Sonic or Tails can.

Knuckles deciding to be the public face of the resistance to protect John Conn... I mean Amy, would be a much more respectful way of giving him an important role without minimizing Amy's part. Plus there's the part of Amy being concerned for Knuckles, who basically painted himself a target the moment they defied Eggman. I think there is a lot that could be developed from this and make both characters shinsince the abscense of Sonic and Tails offered an opportunity for showing that there is more about this two than just being the girl with a crush and the "rival".

• Thumbs Up 1

So, what did ya'll think of Jewel?

8 hours ago, Razule said:

Is that the Mystic Ruins base?

8 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

The workshop looks like it could pass for a heavily-renovated version of his Sonic Adventure workshop (looking at the waterwheel and the big dome-like structure at the back. Not to mention the visible mountain wall to the left).

Does it?

11 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

So, what did ya'll think of Jewel?

She certainly does exist, I can say that much.

e: to make a low-content post slightly less so: the sequence where the Rogues burst in bugs me.

Whisper know something's coming. She gets her gun out and faces the door. When the Rogues actually bust open the door, Jewel goes flying, Tangle flinches, but Whisper holds her ground. This is someone clearly prepared to get shit done, right?

Well, no. Because the Rogues get a page's worth of panels to loot the place and all we see of Whisper is her getting knocked on her ass as they leave. It's not that I expect her to take them all out and end the story when it's barely started, but at least show her taking a shot or getting knocked out first or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really enjoyed that annual. Some stories were better than others, but the art was fantastic all the way around. So great having Skelly and Dubs back doing interior art again, but the standout was definitely Jen's art in the first story. Totes adorbs.

Having an ongoing story is nice, but I love these little "for fun" tales. Reminds me of the backup stories in the Archie Sonic comics.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, Diogenes said:

She certainly does exist, I can say that much.

e: to make a low-content post slightly less so: the sequence where the Rogues burst in bugs me.

Whisper know something's coming. She gets her gun out and faces the door. When the Rogues actually bust open the door, Jewel goes flying, Tangle flinches, but Whisper holds her ground. This is someone clearly prepared to get shit done, right?

Well, no. Because the Rogues get a page's worth of panels to loot the place and all we see of Whisper is her getting knocked on her ass as they leave. It's not that I expect her to take them all out and end the story when it's barely started, but at least show her taking a shot or getting knocked out first or something.

Oh...

Yeah, that was really odd.

I kinda get the idea that it could've been tha tthe Rogues were moving pretty swiftly except that Storm clearly takes more than a second to nab Jewel.

Spoiler

In the first story when Jewels falling, Whispers speech bubble is normal as she says "Not Again".

tumblr_inline_pqvrtq902L1riafjl_400.png

Foreshadowing? Or an error?

☝So did anyone else notice that 

• Thumbs Up 5

3 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:
  Hide contents

In the first story when Jewels falling, Whispers speech bubble is normal as she says "Not Again".

Oh yes, I did. Gets ya thinkin. 

17 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:
  Hide contents

Or...she only gets outlines around other people.

Her voice is beautiful, don't even dare.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://previewsworld.com/Article/229085-Flynn-Talks-Tangle--Whisper-and-the-Summer-of-Sonic

New juicy interview with Ian!

Details:

Spoiler

- Vanilla, Cheese and Chocola tag along in issue #17! As Ian hinted at in the past.

- "Crisis City" is a 2 parter that sees how Sonic deals with the Metal Virus threat.

- Whisper will have her backstory revealed in the mini-series! Finally! It's interesting how these different people, Tangle and Whisper, team up.

- There is a big surprise and shake up for Sonic #25 a.k.a. the milestone issue! Which should be the season 3 opening… or… I don't know. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I take it Ian is only personally thinking of 25 as a landmark, since IDW themselves don’t start acknowledging landmarks until 50.