Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, QuantumEdge said:

I mean, god, how long has it been since we last saw that happen...

Since she's been selfish? Literally all the time...

She's never been selfish.

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

Some fanart from Evan Stanley.

Criminy Jicket!

I can't tell if that's concerning or creative.

17 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

Also, it does my heart good to see Skelly back on the artwork saddle.  Her style fits Rough and Tumble's schtick like a glove.  However, I know it's been said, but I sure am glad Rogue actually gets a story where Shadow, or Omega aren't stapled to her hip and doesn't behave like a selfish cow the entire time.  I mean, god, how long has it been since we last saw that happen...

Ok I'll give you Rouge hanging around Shadow and Omega a lot but she's not been portrayed as selfish since Pre-Reboot Archie. In the Post-Reboot continuity she actually fights Shadow on taking the Master Emerald and in IDW she's not really done anything regarding treasure until the annual. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Ok I'll give you Rouge hanging around Shadow and Omega a lot but she's not been portrayed as selfish since Pre-Reboot Archie. In the Post-Reboot continuity she actually fights Shadow on taking the Master Emerald and in IDW she's not really done anything regarding treasure until the annual. 

Yeah, true.  I mean I was talking hyperbole, but given how many times she was portrayed as downright villainous in Archie, the parts where she actually plays hero feel small and infrequent at times.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

Yeah, true.  I mean I was talking hyperbole, but given how many times she was portrayed as downright villainous in Archie, the parts where she actually plays hero feel small and infrequent at times.

Why should she be Hiro?

That's not character appeal.

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Why should she be Hiro?

That's not character appeal.

She helped these foxes in exchange for treasure, also she wanted to get rid of Rough and Tumble.

17 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

A work in progress from Evan Stanley for IDW:

D52Dt0YUwAIOe4n.jpg

Is that a Mobian Horse on the left?

What a cute crowd of people.

Can't wait to see them all as zombots.

• Chuckle 3
  • My Emmerdoods 3

Just now, DabigRG said:

Is that a Mobian Horse on the left?

Looks like it, there's also a dog.

5 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

She helped these foxes in exchange for treasure, also she wanted to get rid of Rough and Tumble.

Wow, she's a 3 dimensional character with layers...hidden layers.

Very good, that's interesting, especially since she's gonna be around a lot.

Doing good deed for reward, very true.

11 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

Or especially how STCO turned her into a full-blown monster. 

Wasn’t a good time for Rouge in print until the reboot. On-topic, could the Babylon Rogues also get some less negative portrayals eventually? 

14 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

On-topic, could the Babylon Rogues also get some less negative portrayals eventually? 

Do you mean negative as in...bad writing or negative as in...being antagonist?

And if the latter, why do they need that?

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

Or especially how STCO turned her into a full-blown monster. 

Wasn’t a good time for Rouge in print until the reboot. On-topic, could the Babylon Rogues also get some less negative portrayals eventually? 

Really?! How was she like in STCO?

Where are the rest of the issue 16 preview pages? They usually post 2 new pages before release

6 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Do you mean negative as in...bad writing or negative as in...being antagonist?

And if the latter, why do they need that?

Yeah, if anything, the Rogues tend to be forgotten in part because they've felt like just another rival that turns good despite technically remaining antagonistic in a loose fashion.

18 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

Was she?

She was b-bat at times, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't say she was explicitly villainous.

5 hours ago, Redbluethunder5 said:

Really?! How was she like in STCO?

From what I've heard, she joins groups that hope to destroy the world. 

Concurrently.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys, remember the last Mobian Horse!!!

latest?cb=20090127042331

I know, the new one is way better designed and a background character. Just wanted to remind people this guy is a Sonic character 😛

15 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Hey guys, remember the last Mobian Horse!!!

latest?cb=20090127042331

I know, the new one is way better designed and a background character. Just wanted to remind people this guy is a Sonic character 😛

I mean, the thing about characters like that is that technically, they aren't really bad designs in themselves. They just had the problem of being of being in a Sonic thing and thus were jarring in comparison to the stylized, simplistic artstyle.

10 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I mean, the thing about characters like that is that technically, they aren't really bad designs in themselves. They just had the problem of being of being in a Sonic thing and thus were jarring in comparison to the stylized, simplistic artstyle.

The funny thing is, Sir Connery’s design back when he first appeared was much more fitting with the overall Sonic style.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

The funny thing is, Sir Connery’s design back when he first appeared was much more fitting with the overall Sonic style.

Oh what with like the white muzzle and the Knightly headdress? 

I'll always be baffled why Ian brought Sir Connery back to kill him. He only appeared in that one back up and was never remotely important ever again until he was randomly brought back to be killed off. I'll admit his early "House cleaning" era wasn't Ian's best stuff.

On-topic, could the Babylon Rogues also get some less negative portrayals eventually? 

I mean they're entire characteristics are "Find our homeland so we can steal treasure or something" and "Beat Sonic in a race". I'll admit I'm biased, I don't like the Babylon Rogues, but they're just...not particularly deep characters. Even by Sonic standards.

11 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I'll always be baffled why Ian brought Sir Connery back to kill him. He only appeared in that one back up and was never remotely important ever again until he was randomly brought back to be killed off. I'll admit his early "House cleaning" era wasn't Ian's best stuff.

I mean they're entire characteristics are "Find our homeland so we can steal treasure or something" and "Beat Sonic in a race". I'll admit I'm biased, I don't like the Babylon Rogues, but they're just...not particularly deep characters. Even by Sonic standards.

It was because he was on a quest to do away with dark magics that might threaten the kingdom, complete with a Sword of Light made for that purpose. Thus, it made sense to bring him back in order to reign in the amount of magic/powerful elements in the comics history as well as set the stage for later events.

He also debuted in connection to Knuckles and the Ancient Walkers, which were both featured in that story.

No, i think the more out there return that ended up not happening would've been Tig Stripe.