Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

57 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Good covers But I gotta point out they forgot the add the Tangle & Whisper Logo to T&W #2.

Oh yeah, waitaminute.

How many issues is Tangle & Whisper? I don’t recall if it was said anywhere.

9 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Yeah David Mariotte confirmed it's a four issues miniseries.

23 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Comicslist puts it at 4 issues. 

9 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

We got new covers!

D7VABSQWwAAOILa?format=jpg&name=large

Cover for issue 20!

Matt did release the raw cover and I felt like I wanted to do it. Now to wait for T&W's raw cover to be uploaded so I can do with that

258687447_IDWSonic20(wecompress.com).thumb.png.1511e2b83ec34e3206bc799acb05ab84.png

22 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

A thought just occurred to me.

Reveal hidden contents

Imagine if there was a strain of the Metal Virus in later issues.
That not only turns you metal, but somehow allows you to keep your consciousness.
Like, your sentience and shit.
Maybe a villain can use it, so that not only do they keep their intelligence, but they are also gain the benefits of being a Zombot.
Like, imagine if Starline used that shit.
A teleportating, virtually invincible scientist that can spread the disease even further.
It'd give him something that he could actually do.

Maybe also a version that works closer to old-school roboticization, too? 

Why did they go and make Amy a desk lady sorting papers instead of her fawning over Sonic like she normally does now Amy feels so unoriginal and out of character.  

15 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Why did they go and make Amy a desk lady sorting papers instead of her fawning over Sonic like she normally does now Amy feels so unoriginal and out of character.  

To give her something to do when offscreen.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

2 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Why do you want her to be a Zombot?

• Chuckle 3
  • Too Many Rings 1

6 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Why did they go and make Amy a desk lady sorting papers instead of her fawning over Sonic like she normally does now Amy feels so deveunoriginal and out of character.  

Amy being mature and not being constantly "IGOTTAFUCKSONICIGOTTAFUCKSONIC" is character development because most people found her old Personality awful and her hateable as a result.

• Thumbs Up 3

Obviously her personality being "bad" was unrelated to her Obsessive crush on Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Amy being mature and not being constantly "IGOTTAFUCKSONICIGOTTAFUCKSONIC" is character development because most people found her old Personality awful and her hateable as a result.

Boy, Sonic X sure was hardcore.

• Chuckle 2

12 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Obviously her personality being "bad" was unrelated to her Obsessive crush on Sonic.

Depends on who you ask. In a lot of interpretations, her obsessive crush on Sonic WAS her personality, which was part of the problem.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Depends on who you ask. In a lot of interpretations, her obsessive crush on Sonic WAS her personality, which was part of the problem.

The important take away here is than in any relevant media they were separate enough.

Her worst episodes in Sonic X, Sonic Heroes, and Sonic Battle...just don't make the scale tilt enough.

15 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

The important take away here is than in any relevant media they were separate enough.

Her worst episodes in Sonic X, Sonic Heroes, and Sonic Battle...just don't make the scale tilt enough.

If they were separate then sure, its all fine and dandy. But, just like in the games and media you mentioned above, they are not always separate, which makes it an obvious issue that needs to be addressed. If your in the state of mind to write Amy as a solid, interesting and dynamic character, her motivations regarding Sonic is the first, second and last thing that you will have to address. Its the albatross overhead. Its the elephant in the room. Its the 500 lb gorilla giving you a side eye from the corner. If you think otherwise then you are kidding yourself.

And while your on the idea of scale tilting, go ahead and throw Chronicles, Free Riders, Colors DS, Archie's early run and god knows what else I can't remember off the top of my head onto your short list. Her obsessive zeal absorbing her personality is enough of a problem in enough places that you can't sweep it under the rug and pretend like it doesn't exist or it is small potatoes. Its there and if not dealt with it is an obvious problem.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

...throw Chronicles, Free Riders, Colors DS, Archie's early run and god knows what else I can't remember off the top of my head onto your short list.

No...I think that's about it.

Though I've never seen her in Colors DS, so maybe I should look it up and refresh on Free Riders and Chronicles. I don't recall those being too bad.

3 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

No...I think that's about it.

Though I've never seen her in Colors DS, so maybe I should look it up and refresh on Free Riders and Chronicles. I don't recall those being too bad.

Everyone was bad in Free Riders. Really bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having Amy no longer crushing on Sonic and turning her in to book worm is the opposite of character development, I mean when did Amy ever find it fun to count box's in her spare time.

Character development can literally be anything.

Having Amy hate Sonic would be Character Derailment which...without good justification would be the opposite of Development.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Having Amy no longer crushing on Sonic and turning her in to book worm is the opposite of character development, I mean when did Amy ever find it fun to count box's in her spare time.

...When those boxes had Sonic Team's emblem on them?

41 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Everyone was bad in Free Riders. Really bad.

From what I remember skimming, Jet seemed pretty relaxed. Really, it was just Amy, Shadow, and Rouge that I remember being callous.

It's been a while.

In Team Rose's cutscenes in Free Riders, Amy is pretty alright.

Her crush on Sonic seems to only be encased in wanting him to see her team win and that doesn't take up much dialogue.

I mean, I could check how she is in other team's cutcenes...but that's gonna be pretty boring.

8 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

In Team Rose's cutscenes in Free Riders, Amy is pretty alright.

Her crush on Sonic seems to only be encased in wanting him to see her team win and that doesn't take up much dialogue.

She's pretty merciless to Vector for that entire story. When Team Babylon insults him, she follows up their zinger by also putting him down. That's not okay for the character that is supposed to be the compassionate one. How is that alright?

Furthermore, Amy's competitive fire for that entire game is stoked out of her desire for Sonic to see her win. Its no different than her boxersize affliction from Battle. Her over-the-top aggressiveness is a direct result to her infatuation with Sonic. In manifests all over her character and if left unchecked turns the positive qualities that Amy is loved for, into negative self-serving traits that undermine her core characters best potentials. Whenever priority-one-hedgehog-alert takes over as Amy's singular most defining characteristic, it bludgeons her ability to be anything other than callous and aggressive - even to her friends.

3 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

She's pretty merciless to Vector for that entire story. When Team Babylon insults him, she follows up their zinger by also putting him down. That's not okay for the character that is supposed to be the compassionate one. How is that alright?

It's possible for a character to be compassionate without being boundlessly so. And considering Cream's also on her team, it makes sense for them to not double up on that role.

3 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Furthermore, Amy's competitive fire for that entire game is stoked out of her desire for Sonic to see her win.

A motivation derived from a previously established trait. Sounds reasonable enough to me. She's pretty intense about it, but it's not like she gets to the point of cornering him and starting a fight to force him to marry her or acting like a robot is their child.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

When Team Babylon insults him, she follows up their zinger by also putting him down. That's not okay for the character that is supposed to be the compassionate one. How is that alright?

That's literally the only time she puts him down in her scenes.

Though, I'm actually pretty okay with her being like that.

Being the compassionate one never really meant much with her after SA1.

In Sa1 she was proactive, Sa2 she was bratty, in Heroes and Battle she was aggressive and obsessive, in Shadow she was supportive (I guess), in Nex Gen she was just there, in Riders she was just there...I'd say outside of her crush she was more inconsistent than Knuckles honestly.

Her having an attitude like Sonic would be pretty fitting, seeing how even back then she was never really the "nice" one.