• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Evil robot made by Eggman.

Turned into good robot by Tails.

Befriends Cream.

Robot made by Eggman
Turned into good bot by Tails
Befriends rabbit Cream

There, now it's a haiku (come on,  don't tell me I was the only one seeing this)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

4 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

...I would argue the 6 might be some of the least its ever been.

At least in my mind, for them to work... you basically have to construct new characters at this point. Deadly 6 with characterization are essentially different people. They are the vague idea of characters, and given this franchise... that's saying a lot for how lacking they are. I'm not saying I wouldn't wanna see ian's take on it. I do infact.... but would he even be allowed to do that? I would most game characters need to be close to their in game incarnations. Not saying that sega holds the d6 highly, but I would imagine it would make em really funky to write in any interesting fashion besides " I'm here, i'm gone ".Its not impossible, i'm wondering if sega would allow him to even do that.

Eh, with Zeena, I agree. That's been a tricky thing to think about for the longest.

The others besides maybe Zomom should be relatively easy to utilize dynamically 3and/or expand on though.

4 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Agree
Fixing Deadly Six is a lost cause.
USING Deadly Six is another matter.

Lost World problem (one of...three or four main ones) was that we spent so much watching D6 when they are really basic. Just keep them in role of threat to beat (which will be some improvement over badniks and skunk duo for 4th time) , letting actual fun characters to shine.

Uh, idk,...

Lost World was in setup a story where there's, like, three sides composed of different attitudes. I'd say the issue there was that due to a combination of oddly sparse details & some cohesion issues and unfortunately it showed the most with the Zeti since they are SIX characters as opposed to around three and they are all new.

So in theory, it shouldn't be too hard for the comic especially to get more out of them than the games' relatively short cutscenes between level can.

3 hours ago, Eurisko said:

#17 was fantastic! As a fan of classic George Romero zombie movies this had that vibe. I hope they run and run with this metal virus arc for a good while. Can't believe what happened to Charmy though.

Also, did anyone else think that Vector crushed that girl with the car at first rather than trapping her?

Uh, I can and that's sort of the issue.

And no, but I suppose the perspective can mess with you.

3 hours ago, Eurisko said:

As for #18 I've had to do some research on who G-Merl is. I have never played the handheld sonic games. The sonic Wikia page has caught me up a bit with the character , anything I NEED to know?

Okay, so there was a robot known as the Gizoid that came from a prior civilization that it alleged destroyed. It had the ability to form a Link with other individuals and copy their likeness in order to develop its own capabilities. Eggman found the Gizoid, failed to it to work, and dumped it off on a beach. Sonic came across it, named him Emerl, and spent a lot of time training and influencing him in conjunction with his friends. Eventually, a threat to the planet by Eggman triggered it's original programming and caused it to attempt to destroy the planet itself, forcing Sonic to take him down.

Some time later, Eggman used the Super Genesis Wave to warp the world, recreating what he could salvage of Emerl into the Ultimate Fighting Robot Gemerl. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Cream&Cheese worked together to find the Chaos Emeralds  and defeat Eggman so they restore the world to it's natural state. After they managed to reclaim the Master Emerald, Gemerl turned on Eggman and used the emeralds to transform, forcing Super Sonic and Eggman to team up so they can defeat him in space. His normal state fell to the planet and washed up on a beach near Vanilla's Cottage, after which Cream, who had formed a particular bond with Emerl, took him to get fixed up by Tails and he now lives in peace along with the Rabbit Family.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the D6 are salvageable. You can flesh them out while still keeping elements of characterization, like their speech and mannerisms. Just give 'em more depth in the form of motivation and nuance. Give 'em more time to shine as more than just generic mooks. And remember, Ian was able to make characters with no canon dialogue work, like Fang, Bark, and Bean. ...well, okay, Fang had the early Archie run, but still.

I’m not exactly the biggest fans of the D6 myself, but they are salvagable, especially under a guy known for doing this with dozens of characters already.

Ian actually made good use of them in Worlds Unite, despite how much that arc sucked.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Uh, I can and that's sort of the issue.

And no, but I suppose the perspective can mess with you.

Okay, so there was a robot known as the Gizoid that came from a prior civilization that it alleged destroyed. It had the ability to form a Link with other individuals and copy their likeness in order to develop its own capabilities. Eggman found the Gizoid, failed to it to work, and dumped it off on a beach. Sonic came across it, named him Emerl, and spent a lot of time training and influencing him in conjunction with his friends. Eventually, a threat to the planet by Eggman triggered it's original programming and caused it to attempt to destroy the planet itself, forcing Sonic to take him down.

Some time later, Eggman used the Super Genesis Wave to warp the world, recreating what he could salvage of Emerl into the Ultimate Fighting Robot Gemerl. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Cream&Cheese worked together to find the Chaos Emeralds  and defeat Eggman so they restore the world to it's natural state. After they managed to reclaim the Master Emerald, Gemerl turned on Eggman and used the emeralds to transform, forcing Super Sonic and Eggman to team up so they can defeat him in space. His normal state fell to the planet and washed up on a beach near Vanilla's Cottage, after which Cream, who had formed a particular bond with Emerl, took him to get fixed up by Tails and he now lives in peace along with the Rabbit Family.

Thank you for this. Much appreciated 

I hated the deadly six. Again they were all these colorful goofy villians. Granted sonic does not need to go dark all the time but I sure as hell would take IDWs sonics story in a game currently rather than more of the goofy eggman they keep using. IDW eggman is pure evil.

only thing good to come of the D6 was fan art of the green one..................................*opens door and walks out*

1 minute ago, Ernest the Panda said:

June 26

Damn, that late? Okay then.

Thanks.

On 5/30/2019 at 11:51 AM, Mega said:

I think the D6 are salvageable. You can flesh them out while still keeping elements of characterization, like their speech and mannerisms. Just give 'em more depth in the form of motivation and nuance. Give 'em more time to shine as more than just generic mooks. And remember, Ian was able to make characters with no canon dialogue work, like Fang, Bark, and Bean. ...well, okay, Fang had the early Archie run, but still.

The Zeti are essentially a team of bad guys with at least basic characterization to work with, so yeah. Though admittedly some of them aren't really the nuance type.

When it comes to the Hooligans, I suppose it helps that they were established in Classic games back when there wasn't much story or focus necessary, which meant they had wiggle room on top of years of obscurity to work in their favor. Also, there's only three of them.

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I hated the deadly six. Again they were all these colorful goofy villians. Granted sonic does not need to go dark all the time but I sure as hell would take IDWs sonics story in a game currently rather than more of the goofy eggman they keep using. IDW eggman is pure evil.

only thing good to come of the D6 was fan art of the green one..................................*opens door and walks out*

Except for Zavok and for the most part Zik.

Just now, DabigRG said:

Damn, that late? Okay then.

Well, issue 17 only came out last week. What were you expecting? =P

2 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Well, issue 17 only came out last week. What were you expecting? =P

...That was last week?

I think Zazz works on a comedic level, and I like Zeena, but yes the D6 (especially Zavok, which Sonic Team are determined to shove down our throats) are all awful.

There doesn't need to be six of them.

Zavok, Zazz, Zeena, and Zor (or Zik) would've been enough.

Would be enough going forward.

Zavok is the most tolerable of the Deadly Six IMO. If they had to keep one of them around I'm glad it was him at least. I still would have rather had Infinite in TSR though...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Yeah, it's hard to get the most out of all six of them at a time and the lack of cohesion & interaction as a group inherently defeats the purpose.

Of them, I'd say Zomon and especially Zeena are just kinda there to check off a box. The others generally give some sort of purpose/structure on their own.

2 hours ago, Myst said:

I think Zazz works on a comedic level, and I like Zeena, but yes the D6 (especially Zavok, which Sonic Team are determined to shove down our throats) are all awful.

51 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

Zavok is the most tolerable of the Deadly Six IMO. If they had to keep one of them around I'm glad it was him at least. I still would have rather had Infinite in TSR though...

I kinda get the feeling they may have started out with him or maybe Zazz initially and decided to add the others both based on the game's motif and to give him a supporting cast to interact with.

They are the ones to get the most attention, after all.

2 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Actually, the Deadly Four WOULD make a lot more sense. In Japan, four is basically the same as death, and Sonic games are made in Japan.

10 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Actually, the Deadly Four WOULD make a lot more sense. In Japan, four is basically the same as death, and Sonic games are made in Japan.

Mista Rage!!!

• Chuckle 1

11 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Wait, really? I thought that was a different culture.

11 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Mista Rage!!!

Uh...what?