Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

2 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Considering the comic’s still doing yearly arcs, and that 25 will supposedly be the first issue of year 3, I’m not sure.

I looked it up and this arc is a 3 issue one focusing on Tails, Tangle and Whisper. 

I kinda hope this doesn't mean that they wrap it up in #24.

6 hours ago, Taco Time CC14 said:

September solicitations are out!

Reveal hidden contents

3agEW2G.jpg

STH #21

Ian Flynn (w) • Tracy Yardley (a) • Aaron Hammerstrom (c)

"The Last Minute," Part One! To contain the Metal Virus, the Restoration must split up! In this issue, as Tails researches a cure for the Metal Virus, his lab comes under attack by Zombots. With Whisper and Tangle out saving as many civilians as they can, will Tails withstand the siege and find the cure—or will the whole world fall?

ccvZkGs.jpg

Tangle & Whisper #3

Ian Flynn (w) • Evan Stanley (a & c)

"Betrayal." The origin of Whisper the Wolf is revealed! All your (and Tangle's) questions answered! Where did her Wisps come from? How did she get her Variable Wispon? Why does she hate Eggman so much? And who betrayed her?

THEY GOT CHEESE

That be another textless cover I attempt to photoshop as always per month. Always a thing I attempt to do

Spoiler

IDWSonic21.png

7 hours ago, Taco Time CC14 said:

September solicitations are out!

Reveal hidden contents

3agEW2G.jpg

STH #21

Ian Flynn (w) • Tracy Yardley (a) • Aaron Hammerstrom (c)

"The Last Minute," Part One! To contain the Metal Virus, the Restoration must split up! In this issue, as Tails researches a cure for the Metal Virus, his lab comes under attack by Zombots. With Whisper and Tangle out saving as many civilians as they can, will Tails withstand the siege and find the cure—or will the whole world fall?

ccvZkGs.jpg

Tangle & Whisper #3

Ian Flynn (w) • Evan Stanley (a & c)

"Betrayal." The origin of Whisper the Wolf is revealed! All your (and Tangle's) questions answered! Where did her Wisps come from? How did she get her Variable Wispon? Why does she hate Eggman so much? And who betrayed her?

THEY GOT CHEESE

NO. YOU STAY AWAY FROM HIM. YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY SON!

Spoiler

Where is Sonic by the way? Succumbed to the Metal Virus? As well as… Cream?

It's certainly a unique choice to focus on Tails, Tangle and Whisper, considering 2 of them aren't even game characters, interesting...

Whisper's origin, we all expected it was coming, let's hope it delivers.

I'm intrigued by all of this.

5 minutes ago, Psycho_Jack said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's certainly a unique choice to focus on Tails, Tangle and Whisper, considering 2 of them aren't even game characters, interesting...

Spoiler

I doubt that Sonic will actually succumb to the Metal Virus for one reason and one reason alone: he's the main character and SEGA would never allow it. Maybe he comes close, but at the last minute a super transformation will come and cure the virus or some other Deus Ex Machina bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, shdowhunt60 said:

NO. YOU STAY AWAY FROM HIM. YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY SON!

It occurs to me that not only does he have claws, he's inexplicably huge.

52 minutes ago, Psycho_Jack said:
  Hide contents

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I looked it up and this arc is a 3 issue one focusing on Tails, Tangle and Whisper. 

Why are you saying that?

Aren't they supposed to be sequestered off to the miniseries for now?

9 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:
  Hide contents

I hope Cream didn't get Zombot'd.

Also here's something regarding the Tangle Whisper covers: apparently they're supposed to be connected, according to Evan Stanley. There's another cover from #1 we haven't seen yet.

Oh really? I guess that could explain why the tentacles are appearing in random places.

But yeah, I'd hope not too 

9 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Yeah, boi.

Okay, then--let's look forward to nothing!

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

It occurs to me that not only does he have claws, he's inexplicably huge.

Why are you saying that?

Aren't they supposed to be sequestered off to the miniseries for now?

"The first of three simultaneous stories! 
• Spotlighting beloved characters Tails, Tangle, and Whisper!"

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/news/idw-publishing-september-2019-solicitations

8 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/news/idw-publishing-september-2019-solicitations

8 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Ogh...

They're impeaching Pedro?!

• Thumbs Up 2

That's another new artist for IDW Sonic, Aaron Hammerstrom doing the cover for #21. It's nice to see so many different artists coming on board.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always say this but , nice covers AGAIN. One thing that has been consistently good through this IDW run is covers. 

Does anyone know what’s going on with #18 , just checked my pre-orders and I’m sure it was supposed to be out on the 26th of June but it’s now saying 31st of July which puts its release date passed #19. 

I order from Forbidden Planet, has anyone else’s pre order have this date too?

18 hours ago, SBR2 said:

"Three simultaneous stories" kinda implies that there's different isolated one-shots for each character. I almost interpreted this as being a team-up between the three. I guess it's just kinda weird to me having all this focus on Tangle & Whisper when they have their own series.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/21/2019 at 11:53 AM, PublicEnemy1 said:
  Hide contents

I doubt that Sonic will actually succumb to the Metal Virus for one reason and one reason alone: he's the main character and SEGA would never allow it. Maybe he comes close, but at the last minute a super transformation will come and cure the virus or some other Deus Ex Machina bullshit.

Sega did allow Sonic to be consumed in Smash Ultimate.

6 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

But that's because Sakurai is Japanese, just like SEGA. It's much easier to communicate with each other. Also, Sakurai probably built up a lot of goodwill with Smash so that SEGA trusts him more.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

But that's because Sakurai is Japanese, just like SEGA. It's much easier to communicate with each other. Also, Sakurai probably built up a lot of goodwill with Smash so that SEGA trusts him more.

Probably. 

Sakurai’s likely the only reason Sonic’s had any expression beyond the cartoony stuff in Mania. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, shdowhunt60 said:

"Three simultaneous stories" kinda implies that there's different isolated one-shots for each character. I almost interpreted this as being a team-up between the three. I guess it's just kinda weird to me having all this focus on Tangle & Whisper when they have their own series.

Yeah, that is confounding me as well.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

To be fair, that was for the sake of the story. And likely up to Sakurai.

SEGA allowed Archie to do certain things with him post 160 under certain parameters and/or work arounds.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

Probably. 

Sakurai’s likely the only reason Sonic’s had any expression beyond the cartoony stuff in Mania. 

Expression?

• Thumbs Up 2

It be some wild shit if sonic got consumed and like tails worked it out .

I would like that as a tails push.

33 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

It be some wild shit if sonic got consumed and like tails worked it out .

I would like that as a tails push.

I suppose

That's what it seems like. 

16 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I suppose

That's what it seems like. 

That's cool. That's genuinely neat. Other charcters pulling out major game changing win is a neat precedent to set this early on.

Maybe amy will do a cool

I can't wait for that

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

That's cool. That's genuinely neat. Other charcters pulling out major game changing win is a neat precedent to set this early on.

Maybe amy will do a cool

I can't wait for that

To be honest, she probably could've been one of the ones doing it this time. 

Today is Sonic's birthday, and I'm playing Mania Plus again, and reading Volume 2 again, I forgot how good it was, after those slow first issues. To be honest, reflecting on these 17 issues, I feel like there has been more meat here, more significant and substancial stuff happening in this year and half, than in that 3 years long and boring Shattered World Crisis set-up arc. But I'm gonna stop with the Archie comparisons, because this book is its own thing, it couldn't be more different, and it's doing a great work.

4 minutes ago, Psycho_Jack said:

Today is Sonic's birthday, and I'm playing Mania Plus again, and reading Volume 2 again, I forgot how good it was, after those slow first issues. To be honest, reflecting on these 17 issues, I feel like there has been more meat here, more significant and substancial stuff happening in this year and half, than in that 3 years long and boring Shattered World Crisis set-up arc. But I'm gonna stop with the Archie comparisons, because this book is its own thing, it couldn't be more different, and it's doing a great work.

"What I'm doing is wrong, I know it's wrong, but I'm gonna do it anyway."