Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Any previews?

Any previews?

Yeah, what's the dealio on the next issue? It's due out this week, right?

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, what's the dealio on the next issue? It's due out this week, right?

PreviewsWorld is saying July 3rd.

6 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

PreviewsWorld is saying July 3rd.

What? Seriously?

Did we even have a issue release in June?

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

What? Seriously?

Did we even have a issue release in June?

It's in 3 days

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

It's in 3 days

Ah, I thought so. Thank you, Diaz.

You know, that description almost makes me think Cream is First Citizen or something.

Currently listening to Bumblekast's Retrospective of Year One. Will report any interesting tidbits as they come.

Retrospective

Spoiler

• Master Overlord was intentionally meant to be streamlined due to how cluttered Metal Overlord looked
    • The placement of the Master Emerald was changed per SEGA's direction.
  • Finds writing Eggman again cathartic
  • Impressed with how people have taken to Starline
    • May not turn on Eggman [in Year Two] 
  • SEGA was fine with pretty much everything he came up with for Year Two, which he feared would have been too dark
  • Enjoyed the speculation and debate that's come with potential Virus victims
  • SEGA evidently won't let him write five years in advance [for some reason]

Q&A

Spoiler
  • Doesn't know official word on what happens after Mania
    • would guess is that Encore is more canon over Adventures
  • A little surprised people were upset by Mobini testing
  • Stuff about Nexus
  • New Multiverse stuff aside from Sonic Classic Blaze and possibly Little Planet is a maybe,
    • Doesn't see need for it in near future
    • Would prefer SEGA multiverse
  • Stuff about Scourge
  • Stuff about 30YL
  • There is something in IDW that will change due to fan reaction
  • Whisper can see
    • Actually knew someone like that--it was freaky
    • Capabilities of Whisper's mask will be touched on in Miniseries
    • Evan Stanley came up with Whisper's design beyond characterization and broad points

From Previous Episode

Spoiler
  • Sonic "Losing what he cares about" is supposed to be a theme within the Zombot arc
  • Stuff about Emerald Spears

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Hide contents
  • Sonic "Losing what he cares about" is supposed to be a theme within the Zombot arc

It's gon' git DARK

Emerald Spears is Archie Mega Man. Don’t get too confused, it has nothing to do with Sonic.

1 minute ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Emerald Spears is Archie Mega Man. Don’t get too confused, it has nothing to do with Sonic.

Oh yeah, sorry about that. Probably should've made that distinction. 😅

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Currently listening to Bumblekast's Retrospective of Year One. Will report any interesting tidbits as they come.

Retrospective

Hide contents

• Master Overlord was intentionally meant to be streamlined due to how cluttered Metal Overlord looked
    • The placement of the Master Emerald was changed per SEGA's direction.
  • Finds writing Eggman again cathartic
  • Impressed with how people have taken to Starline
    • May not turn on Eggman [in Year Two] 
  • SEGA was fine with pretty much everything he came up with for Year Two, which he feared would have been too dark
  • Enjoyed the speculation and debate that's come with potential Virus victims
  • SEGA evidently won't let him write five years in advance [for some reason]

Q&A

Hide contents
  • Doesn't know official word on what happens after Mania
    • would guess is that Encore is more canon over Adventures
  • A little surprised people were upset by Mobini testing
  • Stuff about Nexus
  • New Multiverse stuff aside from Sonic Classic Blaze and possibly Little Planet is a maybe,
    • Doesn't see need for it in near future
    • Would prefer SEGA multiverse
  • Stuff about Scourge
  • Stuff about 30YL
  • There is something in IDW that will change due to fan reaction
  • Whisper can see
    • Actually knew someone like that--it was freaky
    • Capabilities of Whisper's mask will be touched on in Miniseries
    • Evan Stanley came up with Whisper's design beyond characterization and broad points

From Previous Episode

Hide contents

classic blaze?

I would also love a SEGA multiverse, rather than alternate copies of the Sonic characters. Just my thought.

Any idea what could be the curveball for Sonic #25 that Ian teased in that old interview? Let's speculate...

• Thumbs Up 1

I would honestly like to see alt versions of characters. To be extremely blunt most Sega properties don't interest me and the ones that do are either too mature to blend with or are just unwitting. The only exceptions that I can think of in the moment is just but even then I'm not reading a comic about jsr.

Opposite with me, I love a few Sega franchises more then Sonic even,

Puyo Puyo would work with Sonic for example and if done right, it would be amusing to see Sonic and characters interact with the Persona 5 cast, 

12 hours ago, SBR2 said:

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/06/interview-ian-flynn-on-writing-feats-of.html?m=1

Ian had an interview with Equestria Daily about his new MLP mini and also talked a bit about what's coming in Sonic.

Oh that's right, I think I did hear that he was doing that. 😀:

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

classic blaze?

I was referring to their individual dimensions.

4 hours ago, Psycho_Jack said:

I would also love a SEGA multiverse, rather than alternate copies of the Sonic characters. Just my thought.

Any idea what could be the curveball for Sonic #25 that Ian teased in that old interview? Let's speculate...

No clue. The Virus ar may or may not be drawing to a close in the latest solicits.

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I would honestly like to see alt versions of characters. To be extremely blunt most Sega properties don't interest me and the ones that do are either too mature to blend with or are just unwitting. The only exceptions that I can think of in the moment is just but even then I'm not reading a comic about jsr.

About what?

Pretty much all of the Sega worlds that were used in Worlds Unite fit Sonic’s tone perfectly.

SEGA was fine with pretty much everything he came up with for Year Two, which he feared would have been too dark

This was his reaction to them allowing him to have Sonic and Tails physically fight each other way back in the day. They seem pretty chill when it comes to allowing this sort of stuff to happen. Almost too chill in certain cases considering what happened with the movie but I digress.

I kind of wish they'd hurry and get their storytelling ability in order. They have some neat ideas but no one to carry them across the finish line. I'd be all over this Metal Virus thing being in the games. God, it'd be so cool. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

This was his reaction to them allowing him to have Sonic and Tails physically fight each other way back in the day. They seem pretty chill when it comes to allowing this sort of stuff to happen. Almost too chill in certain cases considering what happened with the movie but I digress.

Oh yeah, fair point.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I kind of wish they'd hurry and get their storytelling ability in order. They have some neat ideas but no one to carry them across the finish line. 

Yeah, seriously.

I maintain that Lost World had the outline of a great story that wasn't fleshed out or sometimes even chewed on enough.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I'd be all over this Metal Virus thing being in the games. God, it'd be so cool. 

Hm, maybe.

Honestly, I can't say I'd really want Sonic to do a crossover event, especially since IDW seems to love doing it with their other licenced properties. If such a thing was to happen, I would prefer it to happen in a contained mini-series, rather than have to waste a few issues and months in the regular book.

Oh its going to happen one way or another so get ready for it.

Also Love the whisper cover. I see that tentacle is rather close there...........wonder what.....no no seen to many crazy fan pics as it is lol