Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

15 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Oh its going to happen one way or another so get ready for it.

I don't know how these kind of licencing things work, but I wonder if IDW has considered having Sonic for one of their crossovers? Makes me wonder since IDW doesn't seem to have much of a larger universe like Marvel or DC, so having crossovers would advertise other comics under their stable? I do agree though, it does seem rather inevitable, unless something comes out that Sega is against the idea. Again, my hope is that they do it via mini-series which doesn't interupt the main book.

Not gonna lie, these constant delays are actually starting to really piss me off. And it's not just the delays themselves, it's also the complete lack of transparency regarding release dates in the first place.

Boy I thought it was bad when Archie was pulling this shit before they canceled the comic, but at the very least they had the (really, really stupid) excuse that they were putting everything they could into Riverdale. With IDW, this just comes off as sheer ineptitude, and it makes me seriously question whether or not partnering with IDW was a wise move to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 2

Always delays. I dunno how the fans keep buying the comics with all these delays.

Do these delays happen at Marvel/DC too?? Or does it happen less often there?

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Always delays. I dunno how the fans keep buying the comics with all these delays.

Do these delays happen at Marvel/DC too?? Or does it happen less often there?

I’ve seen comics from DC/Marvel that had delay but with the big 2 delays are more common with big events like Secret Wars or Dark Nights: Metal where something with a monthly/biweekly  release schedule would been stretched out where it finishes 2-4 months after it’s original planned end date

I know the delays are annoying as hell but delays are not exclusive to Archie/IDW and it hasn’t been that bad compared to other publishers.

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Because of subscriptions?

Or trades?

3 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

tumblr_ptnd6o3OgB1s9pusko1_500.png

Issue is delayed again.

Well that sucks. Or delays the response.

Either way, I can't say that necessary bodes well for July.

Just be grateful that IDW are actually acknowledging the delays and not just sweeping it under the rug without a single word, unlike a certain former Sonic publisher.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Just be grateful that IDW are actually acknowledging the delays and not just sweeping it under the rug without a single word, unlike a certain former Sonic publisher.

To be fair, we did know they were in serious talks with SEGA during that time, on top of their obvious prioritizing of Riverdale.

It sucks regardless, though.

8 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

I don't know how these kind of licencing things work, but I wonder if IDW has considered having Sonic for one of their crossovers? Makes me wonder since IDW doesn't seem to have much of a larger universe like Marvel or DC, so having crossovers would advertise other comics under their stable? I do agree though, it does seem rather inevitable, unless something comes out that Sega is against the idea. Again, my hope is that they do it via mini-series which doesn't interupt the main book.

Most likely I expect  a mlp and  transformers crossover honestly

17 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

To be fair, we did know they were in serious talks with SEGA during that time, on top of their obvious prioritizing of Riverdale.

It sucks regardless, though.

I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about early 2016 when everything was delayed for months, and the various graphic releases that vanished without a trace.

And even in those last few months prior to cancellation, we only heard that threw secondhand sources (Ian, Tracey, etc.), it still took forever for Archie to even start acknowledging people who were hounding them about it.

Sonic Fire and ice: delayed
Sonic Forces: delayed
Sonic Movie: guess

What's with Fastest Thing Alive being so slow these days?

• Chuckle 1

Conspiracy Time:

Maybe they don't want to give us too much at once, so they're intentionally delaying to keep us waiting longer. 

34 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Conspiracy Time:

Maybe they don't want to give us too much at once, so they're intentionally delaying to keep us waiting longer. 

But by delaying this issue, we'll be getting 3 issues in July, unless they also decide to delay #19 and Tangle and Whisper #1 as well. And even if that was true, why the delays, why not just schedule the issues so that it does just that?

2 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

But by delaying this issue, we'll be getting 3 issues in July, unless they also decide to delay #19 and Tangle and Whisper #1 as well. And even if that was true, why the delays, why not just schedule the issues so that it does just that?

Nah, knowing them, we'll only get one issue and they'll delay the rest even further.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Nah, knowing them, we'll only get one issue and they'll delay the rest even further.

That sounds like both the most tedious and weirdly convoluted conspiracy theory I've ever heard.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Conspiracy Time:

Yeah...no. IDW's other books get delayed all the time. Not sure what the problem is but it's been like this for a long time. I think I first started hearing about them when Revolution started.

• Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about early 2016 when everything was delayed for months, and the various graphic releases that vanished without a trace.

And even in those last few months prior to cancellation, we only heard that threw secondhand sources (Ian, Tracey, etc.), it still took forever for Archie to even start acknowledging people who were hounding them about it.

Huh. I'll give you the graphic novels, since only a few of those would've had legal issues.

4 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Sonic Fire and ice: delayed
Sonic Forces: delayed
Sonic Movie: guess

What's with Fastest Thing Alive being so slow these days?

Oh yeah.

Though at least those are a case of them doing some extra tuneups or whatever.

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

That's what I assume is gonna end up happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Hopefully we'll get two issues next month: #18 and Tangle Whisper #1

Assuming that one of them doesn't get delayed.

6 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Assuming that one of them doesn't get delayed.

Why do I get the feeling the latter has less to worry about?

So what do ya'll think the milestone will be abo---

4 minutes ago, kimplix said:

Not sure if anyone posted this cover for #19 yet far as I know

STL122209?type=1

😨 Ummmm..... 

No offence but is that cover a work in progress or something? Because it looks incomplete. The shading on Sonic doesn’t match with the zombots, there’s so much empty space at the top, and everyone seems to be floating in a black void.

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks like fanart considering half the Zombot characters are Archie characters. Seriously, off the bat I can see Jack Rabbit, Predator Hawk and Lightning Lynx. 

• Thumbs Up 3