Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

12 hours ago, SBR2 said:

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/06/interview-ian-flynn-on-writing-feats-of.html?m=1

Ian had an interview with Equestria Daily about his new MLP mini and also talked a bit about what's coming in Sonic.

Oh that's right, I think I did hear that he was doing that. 😀:

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

classic blaze?

I was referring to their individual dimensions.

4 hours ago, Psycho_Jack said:

I would also love a SEGA multiverse, rather than alternate copies of the Sonic characters. Just my thought.

Any idea what could be the curveball for Sonic #25 that Ian teased in that old interview? Let's speculate...

No clue. The Virus ar may or may not be drawing to a close in the latest solicits.

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I would honestly like to see alt versions of characters. To be extremely blunt most Sega properties don't interest me and the ones that do are either too mature to blend with or are just unwitting. The only exceptions that I can think of in the moment is just but even then I'm not reading a comic about jsr.

About what?

SEGA was fine with pretty much everything he came up with for Year Two, which he feared would have been too dark

This was his reaction to them allowing him to have Sonic and Tails physically fight each other way back in the day. They seem pretty chill when it comes to allowing this sort of stuff to happen. Almost too chill in certain cases considering what happened with the movie but I digress.

I kind of wish they'd hurry and get their storytelling ability in order. They have some neat ideas but no one to carry them across the finish line. I'd be all over this Metal Virus thing being in the games. God, it'd be so cool. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

This was his reaction to them allowing him to have Sonic and Tails physically fight each other way back in the day. They seem pretty chill when it comes to allowing this sort of stuff to happen. Almost too chill in certain cases considering what happened with the movie but I digress.

Oh yeah, fair point.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I kind of wish they'd hurry and get their storytelling ability in order. They have some neat ideas but no one to carry them across the finish line. 

Yeah, seriously.

I maintain that Lost World had the outline of a great story that wasn't fleshed out or sometimes even chewed on enough.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I'd be all over this Metal Virus thing being in the games. God, it'd be so cool. 

Hm, maybe.

Honestly, I can't say I'd really want Sonic to do a crossover event, especially since IDW seems to love doing it with their other licenced properties. If such a thing was to happen, I would prefer it to happen in a contained mini-series, rather than have to waste a few issues and months in the regular book.

Oh its going to happen one way or another so get ready for it.

Also Love the whisper cover. I see that tentacle is rather close there...........wonder what.....no no seen to many crazy fan pics as it is lol

15 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Oh its going to happen one way or another so get ready for it.

I don't know how these kind of licencing things work, but I wonder if IDW has considered having Sonic for one of their crossovers? Makes me wonder since IDW doesn't seem to have much of a larger universe like Marvel or DC, so having crossovers would advertise other comics under their stable? I do agree though, it does seem rather inevitable, unless something comes out that Sega is against the idea. Again, my hope is that they do it via mini-series which doesn't interupt the main book.

Not gonna lie, these constant delays are actually starting to really piss me off. And it's not just the delays themselves, it's also the complete lack of transparency regarding release dates in the first place.

Boy I thought it was bad when Archie was pulling this shit before they canceled the comic, but at the very least they had the (really, really stupid) excuse that they were putting everything they could into Riverdale. With IDW, this just comes off as sheer ineptitude, and it makes me seriously question whether or not partnering with IDW was a wise move to begin with.

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Always delays. I dunno how the fans keep buying the comics with all these delays.

Do these delays happen at Marvel/DC too?? Or does it happen less often there?

I’ve seen comics from DC/Marvel that had delay but with the big 2 delays are more common with big events like Secret Wars or Dark Nights: Metal where something with a monthly/biweekly  release schedule would been stretched out where it finishes 2-4 months after it’s original planned end date

I know the delays are annoying as hell but delays are not exclusive to Archie/IDW and it hasn’t been that bad compared to other publishers.

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Always delays. I dunno how the fans keep buying the comics with all these delays.

Because of subscriptions?

Or trades?

3 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

tumblr_ptnd6o3OgB1s9pusko1_500.png

Issue is delayed again.

Well that sucks. Or delays the response.

Either way, I can't say that necessary bodes well for July.

4 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Just be grateful that IDW are actually acknowledging the delays and not just sweeping it under the rug without a single word, unlike a certain former Sonic publisher.

To be fair, we did know they were in serious talks with SEGA during that time, on top of their obvious prioritizing of Riverdale.

It sucks regardless, though.

8 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

I don't know how these kind of licencing things work, but I wonder if IDW has considered having Sonic for one of their crossovers? Makes me wonder since IDW doesn't seem to have much of a larger universe like Marvel or DC, so having crossovers would advertise other comics under their stable? I do agree though, it does seem rather inevitable, unless something comes out that Sega is against the idea. Again, my hope is that they do it via mini-series which doesn't interupt the main book.

Most likely I expect  a mlp and  transformers crossover honestly

17 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

To be fair, we did know they were in serious talks with SEGA during that time, on top of their obvious prioritizing of Riverdale.

It sucks regardless, though.

I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about early 2016 when everything was delayed for months, and the various graphic releases that vanished without a trace.

And even in those last few months prior to cancellation, we only heard that threw secondhand sources (Ian, Tracey, etc.), it still took forever for Archie to even start acknowledging people who were hounding them about it.

34 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Conspiracy Time:

Maybe they don't want to give us too much at once, so they're intentionally delaying to keep us waiting longer. 

But by delaying this issue, we'll be getting 3 issues in July, unless they also decide to delay #19 and Tangle and Whisper #1 as well. And even if that was true, why the delays, why not just schedule the issues so that it does just that?

2 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

But by delaying this issue, we'll be getting 3 issues in July, unless they also decide to delay #19 and Tangle and Whisper #1 as well. And even if that was true, why the delays, why not just schedule the issues so that it does just that?

Nah, knowing them, we'll only get one issue and they'll delay the rest even further.

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Nah, knowing them, we'll only get one issue and they'll delay the rest even further.

That sounds like both the most tedious and weirdly convoluted conspiracy theory I've ever heard.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Conspiracy Time:

Maybe they don't want to give us too much at once, so they're intentionally delaying to keep us waiting longer. 

Yeah...no. IDW's other books get delayed all the time. Not sure what the problem is but it's been like this for a long time. I think I first started hearing about them when Revolution started.

4 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about early 2016 when everything was delayed for months, and the various graphic releases that vanished without a trace.

And even in those last few months prior to cancellation, we only heard that threw secondhand sources (Ian, Tracey, etc.), it still took forever for Archie to even start acknowledging people who were hounding them about it.

Huh. I'll give you the graphic novels, since only a few of those would've had legal issues.

4 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Sonic Fire and ice: delayed
Sonic Forces: delayed
Sonic Movie: guess

What's with Fastest Thing Alive being so slow these days?

Oh yeah.

Though at least those are a case of them doing some extra tuneups or whatever.

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

That's what I assume is gonna end up happening.