Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

41 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Pretty happen with how Vanilla and Cream are portrayed and drawn here so far. I like that Cream being asked to stand back is a lot more reasonable here than in the post-reboot. Also nice to see Choccolo back. Wonder if Ian will bring Milk from Colors DS.

The hurdle Archie had to deal with is the fact that, in addition to Cream not being a very story heavy character despite her contrast, they had to fit her in for the Shattered World Crisis after she only debut preboot two years beforehand. Her young age and intended novice compared to both the other game characters and even the Freedom Fighters meant they naturally used her as a rookie.  Which opened up the opportunity for a minor arc that played on Sally's overly careful traits, as well as emphasize how dangerous the Dark Gaia Creatures are.

And it's Chocola. But who's Milk?

34 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I don't get what eggman means by minefields if sonicis leaving that village?

I don't remember if I brought this up before, but 

Spoiler

I think he partially means how turning Cream or Cheese would give him [another] surprisingly fast, aerial virum to spread the virus with.

It's also possible that this may be a location that's in the center of a bigger populated area, which means it's victims will spread the virus faster.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

A Chao Sonic and Tails rescued.

Ah, of course. That explains everything.

As for your previous comment, just press the plus/multiquote button and then come back here to repost it.

Hollow victory really.

Yes, having Gemerl back is great, but the fact that it might come at the cost of his personality makes me wonder what's the point.  We've already got Omega for that more matter-of-fact, computer speech.  Hopefully this could just be the beginning of Gemerl's character growth, but I doubt it for such a tertiary cast member.

38 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Pretty happen with how Vanilla and Cream are portrayed and drawn here so far. I like that Cream being asked to stand back is a lot more reasonable here than in the post-reboot. Also nice to see Choccolo back. Wonder if Ian will bring Milk from Colors DS.

This is my post that I meant to put.

13 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

Hollow victory really.

Hide contents

Yes, having Gemerl back is great, but the fact that it might come at the cost of his personality makes me wonder what's the point.  We've already got Omega for that more matter-of-fact, computer speech.  Hopefully this could just be the beginning of Gemerl's character growth, but I doubt it for such a tertiary cast member.

Exactly.

Not to be overtly cynical or tinfoil hat or anything, but I suspect that it may have something to do with how SonicTeam would prefer the character(s) to be.

22 minutes ago, Redbluethunder5 said:

...Honestly,it looks the same way as in the Archie Sonic: she is a child so it's too dangerous for her

Except here it's a bit more understandable since a) it's her mother telling her it and b) it would be nigh impossible for Cream to go out there w/o getting infected.

46 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Not to be overtly cynical or tinfoil hat or anything, but I suspect that it may have something to do with how SonicTeam would prefer the character(s) to be.

Well Gemerl wasn't a "character" at the end of Advance 3.

So he'll have to start from scratch anyway.

Just consider Gemerl to have been in a time stasis since then (due to game canon) and this is the 1st thing he's done in forever.

8 minutes ago, StaticMania said:
Spoiler

Well Gemerl wasn't a "character" at the end of Advance 3.

So he'll have to start from scratch anyway.

Just consider Gemerl to have been in a time stasis since then (due to game canon) and this is the 1st thing he's done in forever.

I suppose that could be what they're going for. That [sorta] final image during the credits does offset how adversarial and intimidating he looks by having Cream adorably latch onto his arm.

Still

Spoiler

It's been a looooong time since then and I for one refuse to think he's just been standing in the corner this whole time.

Also, spoilers...?

Hold up...

Spoiler

image.png.f17f3573198ed85800eb7f44315d1df6.png

10 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

*fangirl screams inconsolably*

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Hide contents

I AM THE HAPPIEST TAILS FAN THAT EVER LIVED RIGHT NOW

And I am happy for you. 😃

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

I'm praying to God tails is the one who pulls this out.

He needs this

He's the only one who can, he's the tech guy. Maybe he makes some kind of anti-virus that spreads through the air. Or.. a really big hose.

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I'm praying to God tails is the one who pulls this out.

He needs this

...Does he? 

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Or.. a really big hose.

A really big hose...? :lol:

Hopefully it actually turns up in the issue, and isn't just a cover thing, like alot of the covers which really have nothing to do with what actually happens. My bet for #21 is that Tails will figure out some kind of antidote but will get infected in the process. I mean, with the current arc about Sonic losing his friends to the virus, Tails has to be infected for pathos.

One thing I actually do kind of want to happen is to see survivors of the virus team up with Sonic. Would be nice to see some unusual teams up, like with Vector, Espio, Cream if she survives #18, Rouge if she survives #19-#20, Whisper is the only one to survive #21 etc. I am interested to see where this all goes. I was expecting Year 2 to end with Dr Starline and Dr Eggman falling out, with perhaps Starline graduating into being his own standalone villian. But with the metal virus presumably going to last until issue #24, maybe Starline and Eggman will fall out in Year 3? Not to mention it sounds like Tangle and Whisper will be fighting their own unique villian in their miniseries, wonder if that will effect Year 3.

I find the discussion of Gemerl interesting because I havn't actually played the Sonic Advance trilogy, and neither Sonic Battle. It is fun to see so much heated discussion about a character I thought was forgotten to the waves of time. I do find it amusing how fed up Vanilla looks in this issue, I always remembered her as being very passive in Sonic X.