Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

6 hours ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

I'm guessing this has already been asked, but why does IDW keep delaying the release of the next issue? They've done this before as well.

Each time I hear it is a ‘delay at the distributer level’ that seems to be all they say.

6 hours ago, caitash said:

Each time I hear it is a ‘delay at the distributer level’ that seems to be all they say.

Means its the fault of their printing company

23 minutes ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

Means its the fault of their printing company

Which doesn't really explain the mobile crowd.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Which doesn't really explain the mobile crowd.

Well they’re not going to release the digital version ahead of the print version now are they?

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Let's support the Tangle & Whisper series to get other spinoffs made!!

Well, Support if , if we find it to be good.

But more than that, if the future of spin off's staring game characters hinges on them selling spin off books for two characters that to be frank, no one knows about. They are fucking idiots. And I have to believe and hope, IDW and whatever editor executive or whoever is making this decision isn't that stupid.

Word from the Bumblekast's Kid Icarus Retrospective 

Spoiler
  • He's grown to like having human characters in Sonic, in part because of Unleashed compared to the Adventure days. He believes as long as they serve Sonic's general narrative, they'll be fine and avoid the Transformers territory.
  • It is possible for there to be new male hero and/or new female villain down the road--there will be no new characters before the end of the Metal Virus Arc(?). He has ideas for new characters already, but that's far from coming into play.
  •  

3 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Well they’re not going to release the digital version ahead of the print version now are they?

Well I don't know.

Depends on whether the company thinks they can benefit the digital sales.

My hope is that Tangle and Whisper will be succesful enough that we can see 2 Sonic comics running together. Certainly would make this thread better if people were getting comics twice a month.

19 issues in do not expect a spin off THAT fast or soon. It will be awhile before they go trying top split a comic that soon.

Honestly I wouldn't expect anything other than Miniseries. IDW sometimes has second books but for the most part seems to prefer going for Miniseries with rotating creative teams.

Regarding the comic delays, Tracey Yardley posted up a series of tweets yesterday, one of them noting that due to his current home situation ‘time really got away from him’ and he has been asked to step aside from Sonic. I wonder if that is a contributing factor to the delays in recent months and if it was more than just delays at distributer level.

31 minutes ago, kimplix said:

Nathalie doing a fantastic job as always with the RI covers

s-l1600.jpg

Shadow looking like he bout to turn into something. 

Spoiler

I thought he was gone by this point

12 hours ago, Meta77 said:

19 issues in do not expect a spin off THAT fast or soon. It will be awhile before they go trying top split a comic that soon.

I don't expect it that fast. But I would assume whether or not T&W will sell well will have an outcome on what we see in the future. Maybe more miniseries, maybe a full on second series. I'm hoping for the latter, even if it takes a couple more years for it to happen.

40 minutes ago, caitash said:

Regarding the comic delays, Tracey Yardley posted up a series of tweets yesterday, one of them noting that due to his current home situation ‘time really got away from him’ and he has been asked to step aside from Sonic. I wonder if that is a contributing factor to the delays in recent months and if it was more than just delays at distributer level.

I just read that on his Twitter. That is a shame to hear, I hope things improve for him and those kids. From what I've read of Archie Sonic, it really feels like once Flynn took over, Yardley really brought some fresh art to the book and had some great issues. Will really miss him from the IDW run.

15 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

I just read that on his Twitter. That is a shame to hear, I hope things improve for him and those kids. From what I've read of Archie Sonic, it really feels like once Flynn took over, Yardley really brought some fresh art to the book and had some great issues. Will really miss him from the IDW run.

He didn't have to offer help but he offered them help anyways! Hope it gets better for him! His art was really good these last issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it a permanent departure? If it was I certainly wouldn’t blame him.

Regardless, Tracey’s a great man, and I hope things start to look up for him and the family soon.

43 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Is it a permanent departure? If it was I certainly wouldn’t blame him.

Regardless, Tracey’s a great man, and I hope things start to look up for him and the family soon.

So the main artists would be Jack Lawrence and Evan Stanley.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

So the main artists would be Jack Lawrence and Evan Stanley.

What issues did the former do?

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

He did the interior art for issue 15 and the annual’s Tornodo story, as well as issue 15 and 17’s A covers.

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I believe he did Issue 15.