Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

1 hour ago, Silvereyes said:

One thing I actually do kind of want to happen is to see survivors of the virus team up with Sonic. Would be nice to see some unusual teams up, like with Vector, Espio, Cream if she survives #18, Rouge if she survives #19-#20, Whisper is the only one to survive #21 etc. 

That would be cool.

He'd finally get to lead a Resistance. 

Not to mention it sounds like Tangle and Whisper will be fighting their own unique villian in their miniseries, wonder if that will effect Year 3.

Good question.

I find the discussion of Gemerl interesting because I havn't actually played the Sonic Advance trilogy, and neither Sonic Battle. It is fun to see so much heated discussion about a character I thought was forgotten to the waves of time. 

Yeah, that tends to be one of the bigger types of highlights here. 

Even if this is less discussion and more all but one taking issue with his first impression here. 

I do find it amusing how fed up Vanilla looks in this issue, I always remembered her as being very passive in Sonic X.

I suspect it is specifically aimed at Cream's latter notion.

15 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Another Profile from the Facebook Group

65393742_10157360749363279_243608140706465549863_10157360749343279_3499908934716

"Diamond Cutters"?

Spoiler

Probably her former team

8 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Except here it's a bit more understandable since a) it's her mother telling her it and b) it would be nigh impossible for Cream to go out there w/o getting infected.

It looks the same to me... but I respect your opinion

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Thinks about tails the last few years

Yes

YES

I don't think Rouge survives because...

Spoiler

The solicit says Sonic and Omega are ALONE in the zombot horde.

Anyway, I kind of like Tangle, yeah she is quite simple as a character but so is Sonic, I would give her more traits than just being enthusiastic, but she's kind of relatable, she has a boring life and wants to get out to go on adventures, but she can't 'cause she has to protect Spiral Village and Jewel, so… it's interesting, but I hope the mini-series and future stories flesh out her more. At least she's not a boring Sally.

Edit: I noticed under the post of her description on twitter and Facebook, that a lot of people want Tangle in the games!

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Thinks about tails the last few years

Yes

Eh, just saying. He is one of the older characters on top of being Sonic's best buddy. 

6 hours ago, Redbluethunder5 said:

It looks the same to me... but I respect your opinion

Really now? 

2 hours ago, Psycho_Jack said:

I don't think Rouge survives because...

Hide contents

Oh yeah, that's true..

2 hours ago, Psycho_Jack said:

Reveal hidden contents

At least she's not a boring Sally.

Is that a crack at how her reveal was handled?

Back to those screencaps I posted for a second

17 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Hold up...

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.f17f3573198ed85800eb7f44315d1df6.png

And I am happy for you. 😃

Is that girl possessed by a Boom Boo? And wasn't there a hospital or something named after Sonic in something else?

11 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

Maybe the team name for Tangle, Whisper and Jewel, to go with that gem museum?

Didn't see this post before. Huh. 

I suppose it'd work too.

47 minutes ago, Psycho_Jack said:

That too but mostly my opinion.

Ah.

4 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

They are actually just called Boos.

Oh?

Oh yeah, according to the Bumblekast, there's apparently a hierarchy: Boo, Boom Boo, and finally King Boom Boo.

52 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Is that girl possessed by a Boom Boo?

Pretty sure her eyes are just based on one of the Avatar's eye options from Forces, this one in particular:

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_oz23d1IHX01rr6uee_540.png

Still kinda creepy though.

12 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

Pretty sure her eyes are just based on one of the Avatar's eye options from Forces, this one in particular:

Hide contents

tumblr_inline_oz23d1IHX01rr6uee_540.png

Still kinda creepy though.

Yeah, I know, but the lighting made me think of them first.

I couldn't sworn she had a toothy grin as well, but ney.

6 hours ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

I'm guessing this has already been asked, but why does IDW keep delaying the release of the next issue? They've done this before as well.

Each time I hear it is a ‘delay at the distributer level’ that seems to be all they say.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Let's support the Tangle & Whisper series to get other spinoffs made!!

Well, Support if , if we find it to be good.

But more than that, if the future of spin off's staring game characters hinges on them selling spin off books for two characters that to be frank, no one knows about. They are fucking idiots. And I have to believe and hope, IDW and whatever editor executive or whoever is making this decision isn't that stupid.

Word from the Bumblekast's Kid Icarus Retrospective 

Spoiler
  • He's grown to like having human characters in Sonic, in part because of Unleashed compared to the Adventure days. He believes as long as they serve Sonic's general narrative, they'll be fine and avoid the Transformers territory.
  • It is possible for there to be new male hero and/or new female villain down the road--there will be no new characters before the end of the Metal Virus Arc(?). He has ideas for new characters already, but that's far from coming into play.
  •  

3 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Well they’re not going to release the digital version ahead of the print version now are they?

Well I don't know.

Depends on whether the company thinks they can benefit the digital sales.

My hope is that Tangle and Whisper will be succesful enough that we can see 2 Sonic comics running together. Certainly would make this thread better if people were getting comics twice a month.

Honestly I wouldn't expect anything other than Miniseries. IDW sometimes has second books but for the most part seems to prefer going for Miniseries with rotating creative teams.