Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

17 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

He did the interior art for issue 15 and the annual’s Tornodo story, as well as issue 15 and 17’s A covers.

16 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I believe he did Issue 15.

Oh, that guy!

Not exactly what I'd call a main artist, but the vacancy is there now.

Issue 1 is being reprinted for Halloween ComicFest

8-DA45751-89-B7-41-EE-B05-C-2-DFA4-BB3-F

Because it’s not like an issue from the current storyline about robot zombies would have been a more fitting choice for a Halloween comic or anything.

• Chuckle 1

Poor Tracy. He has always seemed like he has a lot on his plate. I hope his time away from the book allows him the opportunity to get things settled down to his satisfaction.

As for artists, I hope we see more of Skelly, Thomas, and Hernandez on the book. They're my three favorite artists on the book right now. I mean, Stanley puts out very high-quality work, but her style had just always been a bit too...expressive...for my tastes. For lack of a better word. As for Lawrence, he's okay. Nothing amazing, but okay.

1 hour ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Because it’s not like an issue from the current storyline about robot zombies would have been a more fitting choice for a Halloween comic or anything.

"This issue is a bestseller, we swear!" 

I feel sorry for the fans out there who want to collect all the IDW variant covers, because that is, what, the 20th variant of issue #1? (I know that cover has been used before but you know what I mean.)

2 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

but her style had just always been a bit too...expressive...for my tastes. 

"Too expressive"? I...honestly don't know what to make of that. It's kind of an out there complaint honestly. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Stanley is probably my favourite artist, I love expression. The only thing I’m not totally keen on is how she draws snouts/noses a little overly-pointy at times, but that’s my only gripe and only if I had to find a flaw. I generally adore her work on IDW Sonic. 

All the best to Tracey , great artist and the interactions I had with him on Twitter were always positive and polite. Hope he returns in the future.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 hours ago, DabigRG said:

"This issue is a bestseller, we swear!" 

You say that as if it isn’t?

26 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

You say that as if it isn’t?

No, I'm saying it as if they insist on reprinting it even when it's dated at the moment. In a separate form, even.

13 hours ago, SBR2 said:

"Too expressive"? I...honestly don't know what to make of that. It's kind of an out there complaint honestly. 

It's not a complaint as much as a stylistic preference. As I said, I'm unsure how to explain it.

26 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

It's not a complaint as much as a stylistic preference. As I said, I'm unsure how to explain it.

Fair enough. Just caught me off guard there.

17 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I'm happy that Sonic's getting a free comic related release again, but I kinda see it as a 4th Print if it's going to be a full hcf release.

15 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

I feel sorry for the fans out there who want to collect all the IDW variant covers, because that is, what, the 20th variant of issue #1? (I know that cover has been used before but you know what I mean.)

In fairness it's probably the cheapest way people can get Gates's issue 1 variant cover that was retailing for over $100 when the comic came out.

17 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Couldn't they do a free comic with new content like the annual but less pages? Like Archie used to do

37 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

In fairness it's probably the cheapest way people can get Gates's issue 1 variant cover that was retailing for over $100 when the comic came out.

Ah, fair enough.

55 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Couldn't they do a free comic with new content like the annual but less pages? Like Archie used to do

I don’t know whether IDW has done new comic content for free comic events before.

They have, at least for FCBD. (At least for TMNT.)

So we lost Tracy for the time being? Damn.

He and Flynn revitalized the Archie comics together, hopefully things will turn out okay for him and his family.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

6 hours ago, Zaysho said:

True, but I suppose I'm talking about the kind of collector that wants every release of every comic.

6 hours ago, Zaysho said:

True, but I suppose I'm talking about the kind of collector that wants every release of every comic.

I like how at one point Starline was going to have dreadlocks and a tail similar to Knuckles, which is quite fitting considering that echidnas and platypuses are related (in that they are both monotremes, or egg-laying mammals).