Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Issue 18’s recap page xD

B066827-B-6-B70-4559-9-B5-B-B664-AD08903

This was the only map allowed by SEGA for the worldbuilding

Well, people wanted a map, now they have one xD

More seriously, I like that kind of cute thing, it's just fun (especially the cute kid map to explain the situation of a really dark plot xD)… and it's not a bad way to remind to people where the different character are.

• Thumbs Up 1

Issue 18’s recap page xD

Oh my goodness, that's adorable! 🤗

19 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

This was the only map allowed by SEGA for the worldbuilding

SEGA: So ya really wanna do a map, eh? Okay, I suppose we could lend you some talent to get one done.

IDW: Oh, thank you! We will do our best---wait, did you say talent?

Cream: Yay! I'm like Rafe!

Issue 18’s recap page xD

This is adorable until you see those X's on the village and city and then it gets sad.

• Thumbs Up 1

That map's already got more lore than visible at first- pretty sure "Central City" there means Sonic Battle.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

This is adorable until you see those X's on the village and city and then it gets sad.

Nightmare Fuel Coloring Book, ya'll 

44 minutes ago, The KKM said:

That map's already got more lore than visible at first- pretty sure "Central City" there means Sonic Battle.

There was also a “Central City” in SA2 and Shadow the Hedgehog.

Regardless, I’m not exactly sure this is meant to be taken as the “official” map.

Yes, but neither game had Tails' Tails-shaped House like Battle did- and check what's in that Central City drawing ;)

Just now, The KKM said:

Yes, but neither game had Tails' Tails-shaped House like Battle did- and check what's in that Central City drawing ;)

...neither did Battle. That workshop was in Emerald Town in the game :P

You get what I mean though :P

EDIT: Harder to tell due to the quality and also the fact it's sketchy kid drawing, but that pink apartment building next to the Tails house might be meant to be the pink building Amy lives in in Battle, too

Central City? Two World split is getting shaky. Even if SA2/CentralCity and SonicBattle/CentralCity are different locations, there are hints of GUN in a latter game (people ordering Rouge, library with data about Gerald and Gizoids, etc).

Question
I consider myself a hardcore Sonic fan (like, hard enough to remember that there already is Windmill Village). An yet even I don't know: what the heck is "Sunset City"? Bridge makes me think of "Not-San-Francisco" in SA2, but that would be Earth. And even then, we seen official map of SA2, so Cream would be seriously off. Is Flynn actually setting up location for later?

47 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Central City? Two World split is getting shaky. Even if SA2/CentralCity and SonicBattle/CentralCity are different locations, there are hints of GUN in a latter game (people ordering Rouge, library with data about Gerald and Gizoids, etc).

There is frequent crossover between them, so not surprising.

50 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Question
I consider myself a hardcore Sonic fan (like, hard enough to remember that there already is Windmill Village). 

Oh, is there?

50 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

An yet even I don't know: what the heck is "Sunset City"? Bridge makes me think of "Not-San-Francisco" in SA2, but that would be Earth. And even then, we seen official map of SA2, so Cream would be seriously off. Is Flynn actually setting up location for later?

Took me a minute to realize that's not supposed to be the virus spreading on it.

I'm assuming that's where either the Omega or Tails issue will take place.

53 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Its not shakey it at all. Despite my personal feelings of how battle isn't canon. Ian Flynn said himself that the events and world of the games are different than what happened or happens in the comic. So its a reference, and its just full of animals and that's it. And I don't think sega cares enough about anything that happened in battle enough to  not allow that.

And Heck, I would argue at this point that having a gun connection makes less connected to anything considering sega's effort to not talk about them at all and all that stuff about shadow and team dark that was revealed not to long ago .

Those are just my two cents.

2 new pages have been added and oh look

mffaq4K.png

AGYJsuG.png

Eggman's pretty much failing again. It's like his own special trait or something.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, kimplix said:

2 new pages have been added and oh look

AGYJsuG.png

Eggman's pretty much failing again. It's like his own special trait or something.

Scourge would sue if he wasn't against the law.

Guess that answers my consideration.

Also, I just fuckin noticed--does Starline have a feather on the palm of his glove?

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Also, I just fuckin noticed--does Starline have a feather on the palm of his glove?

I think it's just how his hand is positioned at an angle with the palm detail.

Aaaand good ol' overconfident fool Eggman returns. I know that obviously the villains can't win, but damn it sucks to see a plan so diabolical fail when they start losing brain cells.

Guessing Starline won't stick around him very long after this.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, kimplix said:

10 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

So the zombot virus is going to backfire on Eggman like the old days?

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

Aaaand good ol' overconfident fool Eggman returns. I know that obviously the villains can't win, but damn it sucks to see a plan so diabolical fail when they start losing brain cells.

It's almost like this is Eggman we're talking about. 

Why am I not surprised...

I hope Eggman still manages to be a menacing psycho villain even despite this bug.

4 minutes ago, Psycho_Jack said:

Why am I not surprised...

I hope Eggman still manages to be a menacing psycho villain even despite this bug.

Sounds like you're thinking of another villain.

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Sounds like you're thinking of another villain.

Comic Book Eggman. Not Game Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

I'm actually happy to see how Eggman's hybris is beggining to make him fail, especially as in the last few games, it was either Eggman being unlucky or Sonic being all-powerfull that made him fail. Here, it's his hybris, and it makes it way more interesting.

I don't have a problem with Eggman's plan backfiring, especially when it's a plan that HAVE to backfire. A virus is exactly the kind of plan that need a backfire, Eggman played with something uncontrollable, so not having it backfire would be simply loosing all the potential of the plan. And for me it's needed to make thing worse and worse : by loosing the only control that existed on it. It's not only an Eggman plan anymore, it's a plague that is destroying everything. TBH it's better of what I thought, because I imagined Eggman getting controlled "by accident"

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I consider myself a hardcore Sonic fan (like, hard enough to remember that there already is Windmill Village). An yet even I don't know: what the heck is "Sunset City"? Bridge makes me think of "Not-San-Francisco" in SA2, but that would be Earth. And even then, we seen official map of SA2, so Cream would be seriously off. Is Flynn actually setting up location for later?

My theory is that it's how Flynn call "City" from Sonic Forces, considering that Sunset Height was the first revelead location inside it ?

• Thumbs Up 3

44 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

My theory is that it's how Flynn call "City" from Sonic Forces, considering that Sunset Height was the first revelead location inside it ?

Huh, that's possible. Good shot. How about mountains on the left? It's strange to leave only one place unmarked, especially after putting those strange lines on it.

But other than that this map shows almost every location so far. it only lacks cities from #1-2 and base from #8 (and Egg Fleet, but come on)