Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

7 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

Not sure how I feel about that idea. It does feel like a very cynical way of doing it when you put it like that. I suppose as well the mini series would have significant gaps inbetween them, unlike the regularity of Sonic Universe. I don't claim to have any real knowledge of the comics industry or how it works, but is 2 books running really that much to ask for? Sonic may not be Batman big or franchise big like Star Wars, but I would of thought Sonic was big enough and seemingly selling enough to justify 2 books, not to mention Archie running Sonic X and then immedietly afterwards Sonic Universe for something like 13 years.

Again, don't claim to have any knowledge of how these things work. Just saying my opinion that I would be disappointed if the plan is merely just to have the main Sonic book, and then just do constant mini-series.

No, look, I'm not trying to defend IDW, I'm just thinking the way they probably think. By the way, they probably don't want to push too many stories, because having a miniseries each year is a 4 part story besides the main season of the regular book, if you have another regular spin-off, then it's a lot more work because they need to do 3 four part stories in total. They could technically do it, actually I would LOVE a second book, it's really up to them, but I guess that making them a special yearly thing is more convenient to them.

Anyway, seems like IDW Sonic will be at SDCC, here's the Tangle and Whisper raw cover:

Does this mean that Tangle and Whisper 1# will be released at Comic Con BEFORE July 31? Fuck, the partecipants will be lucky if that's the case.

Also, did you notice Tangle has a piece of paper in her hand? I wonder that's up with that.

Well, people wanted a map, now they have one xD

More seriously, I like that kind of cute thing, it's just fun (especially the cute kid map to explain the situation of a really dark plot xD)… and it's not a bad way to remind to people where the different character are.

1 hour ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Issue 18’s recap page xD

B066827-B-6-B70-4559-9-B5-B-B664-AD08903

Oh my goodness, that's adorable! 🤗

19 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

This was the only map allowed by SEGA for the worldbuilding

SEGA: So ya really wanna do a map, eh? Okay, I suppose we could lend you some talent to get one done.

IDW: Oh, thank you! We will do our best---wait, did you say talent?

Cream: Yay! I'm like Rafe!

44 minutes ago, The KKM said:

That map's already got more lore than visible at first- pretty sure "Central City" there means Sonic Battle.

There was also a “Central City” in SA2 and Shadow the Hedgehog.

Regardless, I’m not exactly sure this is meant to be taken as the “official” map.

Just now, The KKM said:

Yes, but neither game had Tails' Tails-shaped House like Battle did- and check what's in that Central City drawing ;)

...neither did Battle. That workshop was in Emerald Town in the game :P

You get what I mean though :P

EDIT: Harder to tell due to the quality and also the fact it's sketchy kid drawing, but that pink apartment building next to the Tails house might be meant to be the pink building Amy lives in in Battle, too

Central City? Two World split is getting shaky. Even if SA2/CentralCity and SonicBattle/CentralCity are different locations, there are hints of GUN in a latter game (people ordering Rouge, library with data about Gerald and Gizoids, etc).

Question
I consider myself a hardcore Sonic fan (like, hard enough to remember that there already is Windmill Village). An yet even I don't know: what the heck is "Sunset City"? Bridge makes me think of "Not-San-Francisco" in SA2, but that would be Earth. And even then, we seen official map of SA2, so Cream would be seriously off. Is Flynn actually setting up location for later?

47 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Central City? Two World split is getting shaky. Even if SA2/CentralCity and SonicBattle/CentralCity are different locations, there are hints of GUN in a latter game (people ordering Rouge, library with data about Gerald and Gizoids, etc).

There is frequent crossover between them, so not surprising.

50 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Question
I consider myself a hardcore Sonic fan (like, hard enough to remember that there already is Windmill Village). 

Oh, is there?

50 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

An yet even I don't know: what the heck is "Sunset City"? Bridge makes me think of "Not-San-Francisco" in SA2, but that would be Earth. And even then, we seen official map of SA2, so Cream would be seriously off. Is Flynn actually setting up location for later?

Took me a minute to realize that's not supposed to be the virus spreading on it.

I'm assuming that's where either the Omega or Tails issue will take place.

53 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Its not shakey it at all. Despite my personal feelings of how battle isn't canon. Ian Flynn said himself that the events and world of the games are different than what happened or happens in the comic. So its a reference, and its just full of animals and that's it. And I don't think sega cares enough about anything that happened in battle enough to  not allow that.

And Heck, I would argue at this point that having a gun connection makes less connected to anything considering sega's effort to not talk about them at all and all that stuff about shadow and team dark that was revealed not to long ago .

Those are just my two cents.

7 minutes ago, kimplix said:

2 new pages have been added and oh look

AGYJsuG.png

Eggman's pretty much failing again. It's like his own special trait or something.

Scourge would sue if he wasn't against the law.

Guess that answers my consideration.

Also, I just fuckin noticed--does Starline have a feather on the palm of his glove?

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Also, I just fuckin noticed--does Starline have a feather on the palm of his glove?

I think it's just how his hand is positioned at an angle with the palm detail.

Aaaand good ol' overconfident fool Eggman returns. I know that obviously the villains can't win, but damn it sucks to see a plan so diabolical fail when they start losing brain cells.

Guessing Starline won't stick around him very long after this.

55 minutes ago, kimplix said:

Eggman's pretty much failing again. It's like his own special trait or something.

10 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

So the zombot virus is going to backfire on Eggman like the old days?

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

Aaaand good ol' overconfident fool Eggman returns. I know that obviously the villains can't win, but damn it sucks to see a plan so diabolical fail when they start losing brain cells.

It's almost like this is Eggman we're talking about.