Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

13 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

...any humanizing elements they showcase whether good or bad inherently adds a layer.

I don't like that.

Why can't the Heroes make the story?

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

I don't like that.

Why can't the Heroes make the story?

Because heroes are only as good as their villains.

Really though, there's nothing saying they can't. 

No one wants sonic to suffer? What in the........ A lot would like that. It would open the stories up a lot more than happy go lucky stories sega keep churning out.  Remember that "torture" in forces. Yea sonic is in a cell cracking jokes and smiling like no ones business.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like almost everyone wants Sonic to suffer lol, myself included. The deeper you push that Hedgehog into the corner, the brighter he can shine when he busts his way out of it.

Still, the virus saga is moving along, and I feel like its inevitable pay-off will be worth the wait.

Spoiler

We are either getting Zombot Sonic for a bit, which I consider a possibility if only because it was a character skin for him in heroes, so it ducks a lot of the mandate stigma (and we just got Master Overlord back no less) or Sonic is going to have to go through however many Zombot friends Eggman has accumulated as a last line of defense by that point.

Either one would be popcorn worthy narrative. I'm more than willing to let this sucker build up if one of those two climax's come to pass.

50 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Maybe they should start taking villains away...then there'd just be bad guys.

Ohhushup.

35 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

No one wants sonic to suffer? What in the........ A lot would like that. It would open the stories up a lot more than happy go lucky stories sega keep churning out.  Remember that "torture" in forces. Yea sonic is in a cell cracking jokes and smiling like no ones business.

Also, seemingly losing everything he cares about in Lost World.

2 hours ago, Zaysho said:

I like how you can take one point about a fictional character's flaw and make it about something else entirely like problems a brand has with staying relevant. These are two completely separate issues.

...Maybe uh... maybe I thin one of those things are relevant to the other thing.  Maybe how characters are characterized are relevant to how they appeal in the modern day and characterizations are often changed to fit the times. For many reasons, relevancy, to fit with a cultural change, sometimes sheer offensiveness in some cases. This is fairly common and the fact that you can't grasp this baffles me. And it kinda sad that the moderation of this site can't grasp this. 

Something that sort of openly discussed when talking about reimagining characters and redesigning them and keeping them relevant through time. There are whole documentaries on this. Whole documentaries. Are you serious, like I get it. Not everyone gets to sit on the other side of the fence when designing characters for things. But do you think no thought goes into this? How a character comes across how they act , what they do is key to their appeal and how they function as a brand in society. And there are people payed to think about this. You think this just magically spawns out of thin air.

My point was that his flaw, or lack their off makes him a somewhat unappealing character in the modern age compared to his peers in media and I think that should change if sonic. How is that no relevant to the point at hand, did you read?

But you taking things people say and switching them around to something convenient they aren't even arguing about isn't new.

But i literally didn't .

Also, stop doing this.

Being nice?

So there's a neat story about these two OCs.

tbuzm6t6z4831.png

You see, these OCs were created by a Venezuelan girl. She was going through a rough time, so her friend asked Mr. Yardley if he could put the OCs in an official comic.
We even have names and species.

Now, as you can see, Yardley had to alter the design of the echidna to make her a more ambiguous species, since those are NOT echidna ears and Knuckles is still the last echidna, according to SEGA. Still a heartwarming story nonetheless.

Also, a female character that doesn't wear pants/dress/lower garments?

B L A S P H E M Y

(jk)

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

tbuzm6t6z4831.png

You see, these OCs were created by a Venezuelan girl. She was going through a rough time, so her friend asked Mr. Yardley if he could put the OCs in an official comic.

Now, as you can see, Yardley had to alter the design of the echidna to make her a more ambiguous species, since those are NOT echidna ears and Knuckles is still the last echidna, according to SEGA. Still a heartwarming story nonetheless.

Also, a female character that does wear pants/dress/lower garments?

B L A S P H E M Y

(jk)

Huh. So they were OCs. 

Hi I am new

27 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

tbuzm6t6z4831.png

B L A S P H E M Y

(jk)

I am pretty sure the white one is a guy 

Yeah. I like seeing Sonic suffer. I'm right there with Eggman, taunting him with a microphone too. It's a lot of fun.

I don't necessarily agree that Sonic HAS to be taken out in order for things to ramp up but I also can not deny that it'd be a bold move. 

Was also kind of looking forward to seeing Zombot Charmy. 

The OCs don't have common sense...that's unfortunate.

The echidna one looks cool, but contradicts lore obviously, so that's not cool.

26 minutes ago, ComeAsYouAre said:

Hi I am new

I am pretty sure the white one is a guy 

Nope. Eyelashes.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

He did not lose anything amy and the rest passed out for like 30 mins at most.

But he thought he did. And honestly, he wasn't far off. 

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

The echidna one looks cool, but contradicts lore obviously, so that's not cool.

Like I said earlier, the design was changed to NOT be an echidna.

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Nope. Eyelashes.

It was created by a girl, they usually make their male characters "prettier"

6 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Okay, is that why she has ears now?

Yup. Unless that headband is actually a hat with kitty ears that just happens to be her skin color, she's not an echidna.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ComeAsYouAre said:

It was created by a girl, they usually make their male characters "prettier"

Thats a heck of a blanket assumption there. Like wow. Even if that is a dude, your going to need more behind your reasoning than that. yikes.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Yup. Unless that headband is actually a hat with kitty ears that just happens to be her skin color, she's not an echidna.

Plausible Deniability. It is an echidna, but if anyone "asks" then it isn't. Best of both worlds for this situation I guess.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Obviously those are spikes, just like Knuckles has on fists 😜

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Maybe she's wearing white pants, like Blaze? I heard some people though at first that Blaze's bottom half is covered in white fur.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I heard some people though at first that Blaze's bottom half is covered in white fur.

That's extremely negative.

Unless they weren't fans.

Then it's fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

...Maybe uh... maybe I thin one of those things are relevant to the other thing.  Maybe how characters are characterized are relevant to how they appeal in the modern day and characterizations are often changed to fit the times. For many reasons, relevancy, to fit with a cultural change, sometimes sheer offensiveness in some cases.

I think that's a very general thing. My understanding of the conversation prior was about mandates and supposedly how they direct the comic, and while that is keeping things On Brand™, I didn't see what your post had to do with Wraith's point that Sonic--as a character--just isn't on top of a situation all the time. He was talking about the character being flawed and how it works fine within the context of the narrative. Your post read like a tangent complaining about Sega mismanaging the series as a whole (e.g. referencing the movie and well as saying the brand is being left behind on certain trends).

I'm willing to admit I misunderstood the conversation before I commented if it was meant to tie together with the mandates

However, that doesn't mean I have to let remarks like this slide:

5 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

This is fairly common and the fact that you can't grasp this baffles me. And it kinda sad that the moderation of this site can't grasp this. 

Not everyone gets to sit on the other side of the fence when designing characters for things. But do you think no thought goes into this? How a character comes across how they act , what they do is key to their appeal and how they function as a brand in society. And there are people payed to think about this. You think this just magically spawns out of thin air.

Now I'd like for you to pinpoint where I said any of these things or you can stop condescending to me.

I've been responding to the words you actually wrote--like I always do and even admitted I misunderstood something you did--so I expect the same courtesy.

And try to do it without throwing my moderator badge in my face. If you have an issue with me in that capacity, you're more than welcome to make a complaint to the admins. The only thing I suggested you stop doing is an annoying end comment that read like some of your other condescending comments disregarding people's arguments like you've done here or here.

• Thumbs Up 3